**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

these GGB items should be illegal

Comments

• Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Just to add to this - Let's say you hit the "Jackpot" and get 500,000 scrap. Then you have to go through that map TEN TIMES to get all of your rewards! It's a waste of units and time having scrap in the GBCs. Maybe if there was a scrap store where you didn't have to go through the map every time to get the rewards then it would be a little better and by little I mean Ant-man shrunk down into the Quantum Realm little.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 784 ★★★
    3300 units is my limit. Didn't get much great luck as others, but enough for the banquet rewards, but even with the abyss nexus selector, I still get shafted with the choices. But hey, I'm FTP, and it's free rewards and I'm not spending my rent money on this game, which is the best part for me.
  • Options
    PascalGambitPascalGambit Posts: 47
    Opened around 20 GBC and scored 800K of scrap along with other items. Bitterly disappointed..
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Out_law said:

Sucks for you 😂 I've gotten nothing but 5* kang , 6* and 5* shards , t6 basic fragments , t3 alpha and 3 generic AGs and 6* nexus also
    People only complain when they get the bad stuff but praise kabam when get the good stuff....... All in All this event is great

nah thats not how it works got 6* nexus 6* awakening, and r4 material.
    only people who can see the basic bath and irrational rewards to value ratios arent there. some of us care about our time spent. all in all these low tier rewards dont match the value spent not even close
  • Options
    Noise72 said:

I don't understand all the complaining this year. This event has always been RNG based. The guaranteed value has never been over 300 units. The real rewards are in the milestone/rank rewards. Always has and always will be.

And if you get lucky with the crystals then congrats, just don't "expect" to get anything from them.

last year the majority of the rewards were not available in stores and act 7/8 was not what its been this year.
    most of the rewards DID fit the value ratio for those times.
    BUT now this year you can find rank up material in stores for a certain value, which does not add up to the 300 units.
    literally able to buy rank up material for like 20-120 units buying those are literally cheaper than the GGB...
    i will say the milestones and the amount of free stuff is amazing but i would rather see higher values of drop rates and reduction of none match value drops, compared to 1 set of 1 good items. 2-3 6* nexus would probably be better than a single abyss nexus, but to each their own i guess
    also my alt account got a 6* nexus 6* awakening gem an 15k 6* shards in 5 crystals while i opened 50 on my main and got around 600k scrap... RNG sure does look obvious there
  • Options

4k 6* Shards? 8 Cavs? 1.4 Mil Gold? Not exactly criminal.

if im not mistaken last years 6* shard drops were like 2k 5k 10k and 15k? then cavs are 175 units for a basic so for 125 more units i got mediocre amount of gold and an iso... sounds more convincing lol
    Yes, they were. There are also similar amounts in these, and it's the same RNG as last time. In both cases, you weren't guaranteed to get Shards.
    so they added lower amounts of 6* to the drop rates... impressive they were able to lower the high value 6* drop rates by adding these lower ones lol
    and pls show me where i say there was supposed to be guaranteed shards??
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited December 2022

I can spend $35 in buy seven days of thrownbreaker daily crystals and get so much more value than spending $100 for 3000 units for what I would get from 10 GBC. I would get 14 Cavalier Nexus crystals and the double tickets would give me 30,000 6*shards. Not to mention everything else that comes along with the throne breaker daily Crystal. T5CC, T6B T3A shards.

For what the GBC crystals cost It’s horrible! If they were trying to convince us to spend on them especially top-tier players the value is definitely not there.
  • Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Skydad23 said:

I can spend $35 in buy seven days of thrownbreaker daily crystals and get so much more value than spending $100 for 3000 units for what I would get from 10 GBC. I would get 14 Cavalier Nexus crystals and the double tickets would give me 30,000 6*shards. Not to mention everything else that comes along with the throne breaker daily Crystal. T5CC, T6B T3A shards.

For what the GBC crystals cost It’s horrible! If they were trying to convince us to spend on them especially top-tier players the value is definitely not there.
    But buying Thronebreaker daily crystals don't give you any credit towards insanely valuable milestone/rank rewards (Generic awakening gem, abyss nexus, etc)
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The crystals should be progression based. That's it. You can also get ****, it's a gamble after all, but not so, completely useless stuff like scrap. And not at All tied to monthly EQ. Even the X-mas calendar has Teamwork whatever shards, I don't care at all about the champs in there.

And that works the other way too: I have a second account, Conqueror, lvl 42, that got 15% t6cc mystic shards! What am I supposed to do with this, when this account only has one 6* champ r2?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

if im not mistaken last years 6* shard drops were like 2k 5k 10k and 15k? then cavs are 175 units for a basic so for 125 more units i got mediocre amount of gold and an iso... sounds more convincing lol
    Yes, they were. There are also similar amounts in these, and it's the same RNG as last time. In both cases, you weren't guaranteed to get Shards.
    so they added lower amounts of 6* to the drop rates... impressive they were able to lower the high value 6* drop rates by adding these lower ones lol
    Dude. They're RNG Crystals. They're not going to be 100% Top Tier drops. Just like you're not going to have a Cav Crystal full of 6*s. The idea that because you're paying 300 Units the payout should be worth your time and energy spent in the game is quite inaccurate. Your 300 Units aren't worth any more than mine or anyone else's. We each have the same chance of pulling something we really want or need, or pulling something we don't want.
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 422 ★★
    edited December 2022

Just to add to this - Let's say you hit the "Jackpot" and get 500,000 scrap. Then you have to go through that map TEN TIMES to get all of your rewards! It's a waste of units and time having scrap in the GBCs. Maybe if there was a scrap store where you didn't have to go through the map every time to get the rewards then it would be a little better and by little I mean Ant-man shrunk down into the Quantum Realm little.

thats how it felt with October's event, except now its scrap
    got nothing but candy except for like 4 paths
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

Dude. They're RNG Crystals. They're not going to be 100% Top Tier drops. Just like you're not going to have a Cav Crystal full of 6*s. The idea that because you're paying 300 Units the payout should be worth your time and energy spent in the game is quite inaccurate. Your 300 Units aren't worth any more than mine or anyone else's. We each have the same chance of pulling something we really want or need, or pulling something we don't want.
    you seem to be avoiding your own comments and adding completely different ones each time, you are kinda like these crystals :D RNG and changing for the worse every time lol
    you seem to be ok with them adding worse rewards and reducing rewards dropping the % rates of the other rewards... you are completely missing that point. RNG is only 1 aspect of the crystal... the amount of trash items added to reduce the good ones is the other point.
    you also havent showed me where i said shards were guaranteed.. but pls keep added comments that change the subject again lol
    Really? Pretty sure you can buy said Rewards with Scrap. You cited last year's Shards. That's where the comment came from. Tell me how you're guaranteed those Shards, this year or last?
    Just because people aren't happy with the Scrapyard doesn't mean every pull from these Crystals is tailored to the top. Stop and add all the Rewards we're getting in one month, comparative to any other month. There's literally no room to complain. Just because the Scrapyard doesn't have R4 Mats doesn't mean it's useless. Unless you're completely above 6* Shards, or Gold. In which case we're not playing the same game and nothing in those Crystals will satisfy.
  • Options

Around the twelfth time I pulled 50k scrap, I could only hope to get stuck with the 500k scrap drop.
  • Options
    PascalGambitPascalGambit Posts: 47
    Terra said:

Opened around 20 GBC and scored 800K of scrap along with other items. Bitterly disappointed..

You chose to open them knowing well the risks and potential rewards
    Sheer genius! Brilliant!

Seldom, if ever have I seen anybody with your knack for stating the obvious. There's absolutely no doubt about the fact you were first in line when the Almighty was dishing out brains..
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

If it were 200,000 minimum, it’d be passable.

I’ve been paragon since like September. Getting piles of 5-star shards and 50,000 scrap four times is brutal.

right, 50-200k were the drop rates i think. idk how 1 entry in the scrap yard makes any sense for a 300 unit price
    i got 500k out of one
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Noise72 said:

Skydad23 said:

But buying Thronebreaker daily crystals don't give you any credit towards insanely valuable milestone/rank rewards (Generic awakening gem, abyss nexus, etc)
    Do you have any idea how much money you would actually have to spend towards getting those insanely valuable, rank rewards? Like I said for $35 you’re getting guaranteed much better value. Let me know how much you have to spend to not get that awakening gem! I bet you could spend $500 and not cracked the top 5000 in rank rewards.

• Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    I think we've hit the point of tying these to progression titles now. Too strong for low accounts and far too much garbage for paragon. If not for the solo/ally events I wouldn't touch these things. Meanwhile I popped 5 on an unused alt and got t6cc and 6* thanos. Womp womp
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    I think all the scrap would've been fine if they didn't do such a poor job with the quest. It's painstakingly long for just choosing rewards. And no replay makes it even worse. If it was a store with a number selector for each reward, I bet they're be a lot less complaining about it.

It was a big fail from the QOL perspective.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    crogs said:

I think all the scrap would've been fine if they didn't do such a poor job with the quest. It's painstakingly long for just choosing rewards. And no replay makes it even worse. If it was a store with a number selector for each reward, I bet they're be a lot less complaining about it.

It was a big fail from the QOL perspective.

As someone who pulled 500,000 Scrap from a single crystal yesterday, I was very glad to read this announcement:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/322832/scrap-store-coming-in-late-january#latest
  • Options
    DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    I got a ton of scrap...welcome to my junkyard :D
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    2 T6b, 3 T3A (then a lot of meh stuff) from 6K units spent.

Got me my 3rd Rank 4, so now I am Paragon before the X-mas gift.
  • Options
    Baron427Baron427 Posts: 68
    Am I missing something? I've opened well over 20 of these things haven't gotten a single scrap. Not mad about it though
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,015 ★★★★★

You will be happy to know there will be a Scrap shop in late January then.
  • Options
    DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    Terra said:

You will be happy to know there will be a Scrap shop in late January then.
    Yes, I am...going shopping :D
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    Do you hear your own arguments? It could your head is so far up something unspeakable that you don’t hear yourself…

“The idea that because you're paying 300 Units the payout should be worth your time and energy spent in the game is quite inaccurate.“
    Do you seriously believe that you shouldn’t get fair value for what you buy??? How is it inaccurate?? Are you really saying “ don’t be mad about paying more for something than it’s predetermined “value “ especially after it’s pitched to customers as a once in a year opportunity? How much did they pay for your soul