**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Odin price increased by 20%

So i wanted to buy an Odin and suddenly i see that the price increased by 20% from 99,99€ to 119,99€. I understand that peices are fluctuating a lot these time but in that case all bundles should go up or down. This looks like a big cash grab if you want to buy the biggest bundle with +50% units which in total reduces the actual units to only +30% units if you count the 20% price increase. I would like to have an information from Kabam about this.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    CarnoxyCarnoxy Posts: 5
    I know they do not, but every time the prices all got up or down simultaniously. 29,99 to 32,99 - 49,99 to 54,99 and 99,99 to 109,99.

This Odin was not increased by google because of converted prices. This was increased by kabam and then by google for their cut.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Carnoxy said:

I know they do not, but every time the prices all got up or down simultaniously. 29,99 to 32,99 - 49,99 to 54,99 and 99,99 to 109,99.

This Odin was not increased by google because of converted prices. This was increased by kabam and then by google for their cut.

The price is absolutely increased from the play/App Store. Kabam puts the tier, and Apple/Google adjust the pricing according to that tier.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    No changes for me. Canada
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    No increase in price for the US. It’s Google/Apple adjusting the prices according to your market. I agree that it is odd that it’s the only bundle to increase, but as has been stated Kabam does not have control on these prices.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Carnoxy said:

So i wanted to buy an Odin and suddenly i see that the price increased by 20% from 99,99€ to 119,99€. I understand that peices are fluctuating a lot these time but in that case all bundles should go up or down. This looks like a big cash grab if you want to buy the biggest bundle with +50% units which in total reduces the actual units to only +30% units if you count the 20% price increase. I would like to have an information from Kabam about this.

Thank you.

Where do you live? In my case, (EUrope, Greece), I got a Black Panther's Treasure price increase, it now costs 60 Euros, everything else is exactly the same.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    Carnoxy said:

What you mean no price changes? The Odin is 119,99€ instead of 99,99€. That was the price 3 weeks ago on cyber weekend offers.

Still $99.99 here in the US.
  • Options

Carnoxy said:

What you mean no price changes? The Odin is 119,99€ instead of 99,99€. That was the price 3 weeks ago on cyber weekend offers.

You re off topic.
  • Options

Searmenis said:

Carnoxy said:

You re off topic.
    How TF am I off topic? The thread is about the unit store prices. If Kabam was changing the prices, why would they only change it for OP's region? I get it, you're a super fan of me but maybe read the thread first homie.
    If Play store was increasing the prices, it won't be JUST for one bundle, Same goes for a few daily cav deals here and there, where when you US guys have them @ 4.99, here they cost 5.99 or 6.99 just for one day. So it is a legit question for OP s, mine s and other people s regions.

And to add to that, I know TB players in MY regions that have this 119.99 price, when I myself, still have the usual, 99.99 one. Explain this since you re NOt off topic. Homie.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 474 ★★★
    Its not kabam’s fault its the app store currency conversion issue.
    Odin is still $100 for us in the USA.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Carnoxy said:

You re off topic.
    How TF am I off topic? The thread is about the unit store prices. If Kabam was changing the prices, why would they only change it for OP's region? I get it, you're a super fan of me but maybe read the thread first homie.
    If Play store was increasing the prices, it won't be JUST for one bundle, Same goes for a few daily cav deals here and there, where when you US guys have them @ 4.99, here they cost 5.99 or 6.99 just for one day. So it is a legit question for OP s, mine s and other people s regions.

And to add to that, I know TB players in MY regions that have this 119.99 price, when I myself, still have the usual, 99.99 one. Explain this since you re NOt off topic. Homie.
    I'll say is slow so you and OP can understand-
    Kabam

Doesn't

Control

Store

Pricing.

At all. They have tiers they pick from for both Apple and Google and those 2 assign pricing for those tiers. The prices shown in the unit stores are 100% put out there by Apple and Google.
    Not sure I understand. What do you mean they put out tiers and Apple then applies pricing. I would have thought Kabam establishes a price, Apple and Google convert for add and also take a percentage of price to keep for themselves.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Hort4 said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Carnoxy said:

You re off topic.

Kabam

Doesn't

Control

Store

Pricing.

At all. They have tiers they pick from for both Apple and Google and those 2 assign pricing for those tiers. The prices shown in the unit stores are 100% put out there by Apple and Google.
    Not sure I understand. What do you mean they put out tiers and Apple then applies pricing. I would have thought Kabam establishes a price, Apple and Google convert for add and also take a percentage of price to keep for themselves.
    For every in app purchase in every app that has them, there are “tiers” usually A B C etc. Those tiers have an associated price with them usually based on the USD value. So for example let’s say Tier A is 5 Dolllars, Tier B is 10, Tier C is 20. Kabam selects what they want their offers to be via the Tier system. So 135 Units is Tier A, which is 5 USD. Apple and Google then adjust the pricing of those tiers from USD to the local app/play store currency based on conversion from the USD amount.
    And every tier has a different/its own conversion then? It's not 1 Euro= X USD plus % taxes or whatever, it s not One equation for All?
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 737 ★★★★
    I don't think it's even Apple's fault. I think it's based on what trade agreement exists between the US (where Apple is) and the country of your location. Or, to be more exact, the country of your app store account.
  • Options
    Crys23 said:

I don't think it's even Apple's fault. I think it's based on what trade agreement exists between the US (where Apple is) and the country of your location. Or, to be more exact, the country of your app store account.

Clarification: OP doesn't asks why the price has increased in his country when in the US for example stays the same, but why it increased for only ONE bundle and not for everything. What s the difference, why this bundle is so special?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Hort4 said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Carnoxy said:

You re off topic.

Kabam

Doesn't

Control

Store

Pricing.

For every in app purchase in every app that has them, there are “tiers” usually A B C etc. Those tiers have an associated price with them usually based on the USD value. So for example let’s say Tier A is 5 Dolllars, Tier B is 10, Tier C is 20. Kabam selects what they want their offers to be via the Tier system. So 135 Units is Tier A, which is 5 USD. Apple and Google then adjust the pricing of those tiers from USD to the local app/play store currency based on conversion from the USD amount.
    And every tier has a different/its own conversion then? It's not 1 Euro= X USD plus % taxes or whatever, it s not One equation for All?
    That much I don’t know. I also don’t know how Apple and Google operate in every territory that they conduct business in, nor the laws and taxes of every country that allows them to operate either.

The one thing I do know, is that this still isn’t a Kabam issue, as numerous other people haven’t got a weird price increase relative to their native currency including myself 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Carnoxy said:

You re off topic.

I’m in Greece too.
    On an iOS device all prices are 20% higher, except for the 59.99€ one which is the same on both iOS and android devices.
    So anytime I want to buy something I turn to an android device and still have the “normal” prices (except the 59.99€) bundle.
    So, those TB that have the increased prices are on iOS and they just don’t know that they are paying the extra 20% for Apple, not Kabam.
    This ain’t a Kabam issue to be honest.