So, just a quick thought about…The Overseer

ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
Hi, folks! Happy new year! Hope all is well!

So, full disclosure: I really like The Overseer’s general “feel.” I understand the kit and recognize that it isn’t the top in the game, but I enjoy it enough to where I would put resources into it…except for one thing.

In a Battlegrounds meta, an important piece of the character’s utility is too weak and too slow for a two-minute fight.

If you are an Overseer user, what do you think of this suggestion: Flip-flopping the automatic Stun on SP1 with the Disorient on SP2, so you get the 40 percent Ability Accuracy reduction faster?

Why this matters: I just fought the Thing maybe 10 times in a row, for practice. And the 10 percent Special Concussions you get from baiting just aren’t enough to keep those Rock Stacks from doing what they do at 15+1, if you know what I mean.

I think if you flip-flop the Stun and the Disorient effects, you haven’t changed the utility of the kit, just how fast the player can access it, which does matter.

If you’re an Overseer user, what do you think?

Comments

• ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    To be clear: I understand that the Unstoppable will proc, in a hypothetical Thing fight. It’s the Unblockables on the Specials that I am talking about, where the Special Concussions just aren’t able to built fast enough before you get to 15+1 Rock Stacks
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    I like him the way he is. And don’t think overseer is meant to be a thing counter.

Learn to push thing to 15 stacks then bait the special. That way, Everyone is a thing counter.

The stun on the special one allows you to chain one combo into another combo during cosmic mode. Allowing for insane damage output in a short period.

Special concussion only work during special attacks. Since its impossible to hit the opponent during their special, special concussions don't do anything to Things rock stacks.

When you're in cosmic mode, you want to spam as many light attacks as possible. A stun off the sp1 is better in that scenario over a disorient.

The disorient is really not that strong in the first place so how useful would it really be against Thing? Hard to judge without experience but I would hazard a guess and say not very. It may even be more of a hindrance when Thing is at 12 - 14 rock stacks and u don't know if your next hit will increase it or not.

Yep; I addressed that right above your post. It’s the Unblockables I care about

I like him the way he is. And don’t think overseer is meant to be a thing counter.

Learn to push thing to 15 stacks then bait the special. That way, Everyone is a thing counter.

The stun on the special one allows you to chain one combo into another combo during cosmic mode. Allowing for insane damage output in a short period.

Thanks for the input; you’re an Overseer user and you like him the way it is. That’s cool; that’s what I was asking.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★
    I suppose- though I tend to use him on defense far more than offense

No worries, Spidey — this concept didn’t land too well, so back to the drawing board!

I put mine on defense, too, until it got absolutely nuked by a BWDO. Like, 30 seconds. Holy smokes. I really do like the kit but when the matchup on defense for it is bad, it’s REALLY bad
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    The special concussions only affect special attacks. The disorient on the sp2 is very powerful but you have to be at 6 gamma power before you throw it for 100% DAAR: 40% from the disorient + 10% for each gamma power.

As for switching sp1 and sp2 effects, I don't really like that idea. Once you hit cosmic mode you can keep spamming sp1s to stun the opponent and get an extra combo on the defender. So switching effects would severely affect his damage loop.

BTW, in BGs Overseer really needs to be awakened, and ideally, you want to bring him into matches where the opponent will gain power at a faster rate or where Overseer's immunities will trigger often. That way you can enter cosmic mode faster. If you need the sp2, you could always throw 1 sp1 first since in most cases you would only have 2 gamma charges at that point.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

No worries, Spidey — this concept didn’t land too well, so back to the drawing board!

I put mine on defense, too, until it got absolutely nuked by a BWDO. Like, 30 seconds. Holy smokes. I really do like the kit but when the matchup on defense for it is bad, it’s REALLY bad
    mine always ends up getting smoked by hit-monkey
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 367 ★★★

Special concussion only work during special attacks. Since its impossible to hit the opponent during their special, special concussions don't do anything to Things rock stacks.

When you're in cosmic mode, you want to spam as many light attacks as possible. A stun off the sp1 is better in that scenario over a disorient.

The disorient is really not that strong in the first place so how useful would it really be against Thing? Hard to judge without experience but I would hazard a guess and say not very. It may even be more of a hindrance when Thing is at 12 - 14 rock stacks and u don't know if your next hit will increase it or not.

Agree with all of this here, especially when in Cosmic mode. You can essentially stunlock an opponent in Cosmic mode if you play aggressive enough. Switching that stun to SP2 would drastically change Overseer's kit in a negative manner.