**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The difficulty increase is ridiculous

Comments

• Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    For all the talk of increased difficulty at lower levels, and the struggle players at that level will have, people seem to be forgetting how much banquet impacted those same lower level players. Conquerors with rank 3 6*? UC players with multiple rank 3’s? Granted it’s not every single player but progression has been accelerated greatly. It’s all relative.
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    IKON said:

The reason not being able to autofight a difficulty as low as Master/Conqueror is an issue for me is simply time. There's a limited amount of time I can spend playing mcoc during the day, and having lower difficulties to autoplay was very useful. Now we've gone from 5 difficulties to 6, and from 2 that required my focus to 4.

I'd much rather spend that time on things like Grandmaster Gauntlet instead of Conqueror difficulty when I have time to play, and use up spare energy using autofight.

Don't do the other difficulties?

I will continue to do completion on contender (normal) and proven (heroic) for the Marvel Insider points, and you can still easily auto-fight those. I probably won't do conqueror (master) at all anymore. 100% exploration on TB & Cav. 100% completion on UC, Proven, & Contender. If there's a 5* trophy champ I really want, I'll consider doing 100% exploration on UC, but this month's 5* Taskmaster isn't worth the effort.
  • xTURKISHxxTURKISHx Posts: 70
    What i feel has changed is 5*s are the new 4*s...i originally went through act 7 with mainly 5* champs, but now they get wrecked.

Additionally, over the holidays, im pretty sure kabam rewarded a ton of players with a fair amount of 6* champions too add to their rosters.

This is most likely due to the announcement of 7* champs. I feel that if you ar tb and above, you may want to consider focusing on 6* champs only in regards to rank up. ( Of course there are definitely a few exceptions for 5*)

Everything i said is just my opinion. Thanks
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    IKON said:

Dukenpuke said:

IKON said:

The reason not being able to autofight a difficulty as low as Master/Conqueror is an issue for me is simply time. There's a limited amount of time I can spend playing mcoc during the day, and having lower difficulties to autoplay was very useful. Now we've gone from 5 difficulties to 6, and from 2 that required my focus to 4.

I'd much rather spend that time on things like Grandmaster Gauntlet instead of Conqueror difficulty when I have time to play, and use up spare energy using autofight.

Don't do the other difficulties?

I will continue to do completion on contender (normal) and proven (heroic) for the Marvel Insider points, and you can still easily auto-fight those. I probably won't do conqueror (master) at all anymore. 100% exploration on TB & Cav. 100% completion on UC, Proven, & Contender. If there's a 5* trophy champ I really want, I'll consider doing 100% exploration on UC, but this month's 5* Taskmaster isn't worth the effort.
    You understand that the game company actively reducing my time playing with the game is a bad thing right?
    As you said, you'd rather spend the same time doing things like Grandmaster Gauntlet. So do that. I don't see why that's making you play the game less.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

ESF said:

I am trying to wrap my mind around this: We are currently collecting 7-star shards, R5 6-stars are now a thing, Kabam has made it so you can become Cavalier in about, what…three months? Maybe four? With a brand new account, if you are focused? And Paragon has been around for a year or more? People are Autofighting lower-tier content, because even brand-new accounts can get a 5-star or two in a few weeks?

And people are losing their minds because Kabam is actually making it so you actually have to play the game by increasing the difficulty arc because Cavalier difficulty wasn’t exactly designed for R4 6-star Hercules?

I mean, yeah, OK, it’s more challenging than it was….but nobody could have possibly thought where it was was good for the game itself

I would imagine people (like me) who auto fight lower content are not doing it for the shards but for the units. i don't do Arenas anymore as that become a shore and i like to play this game for fun. these changes mean I have to play those lower levels or lose the units....neither options are good.

Kabam had zero reason (other than greed) to increase the difficulty on the lower levels...it certainly wasn't needed to introduce a TB difficulty
    I totally disagree. You see these threads where people are struggling to complete content after that initial burst that gets them into the game and all kinds of shiny toys…but they haven’t put in the time required to get through 6.3/6.4. Someone just recently was ready to rage-quit because the Grandmaster cleaned out their resources, but they hadn’t really put in the time to understand the actual fight because they thought they could just blow through it

I ran through Threat Level 1 and 2 for the side quest, just to make sure I know what I saw. You could do Threat Level 1 with 4-stars. You could do Threat Level 2 pretty easily with an R3 5-star or two, both lanes.

It’s Threat Level 3 that nobody is Autofighting, because of Languor.

So what is the problem here? It can’t be that the content of Threat Level 1 and 2 is “too hard.”

Because it’s not
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 261 ★★

And just like that, the community stopped complaining about the BG meta

Give them a few minutes and they'll complain about both at the same time. Just got to get a few steps in so they can chew bubblegum and walk at the same time with more confidence.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

For context, if you had a roster that could easily auto fight previously but now can’t, imagine what it’s like for those who previously could complete each month, but only by a little. Or maybe with a revive or two. This isn’t about Paragon and Thronebreakers who can’t auto fight the Master Equivalent quest. It’s about conquerer and low level uncollected who now can’t get through.

Which they will grow into.
    They were already growing into just fine. Now they may not be able to because the content has increased in difficulty, without any additional incentive to complete it.

How can there accounts grow if the monthly events quests, a key part of the game for resources has been so significantly up tuned that people who could complete before now can’t? This isn’t like a side quest where they change each month and it’s not always easy to keep parity with the difficulty. Monthly event quest difficulty should remain stable. If they are going to increase the difficulty the rewards should increase as well. It’s not fair to the cohort of players that do that level of content.

Personally I don’t think the rewards should increase but the difficulty revert back to its previous state.
    The same way their Accounts grow with anything else. By doing the best they can with it, and advancing through as many areas as possible. Ranking Champs, doing Story, playing Alliance Events, doing Arenas, Incursions, BGs, etc. The difficulty increase isn't that insurmountable. It's a step up. Relying on one source is one thing. Relying on it month after month as a one-stop shop for everything, and expecting to progress, is another.

Care to add to the discussion, or just making it personal?
    B00tblack said:

Licky said:

Uncollected difficulty is now the same as Cav was previously
    Ridiculous

They nerfed Cav. So you are saying that current Uncollected is the same as previous Cav, which would make current Uncollected harder than current Cav? That doesn't seem likely. It does seem odd that they would increase the difficulty of Uncollected though.

It was to make it more streamlined between Difficulties. If you'll remember, there was quite a step between them. For us, we may not have noticed much. It was noticeable when you saw it. To be fair, it's been literal years since it's changed in any sort of significant way. It's more in line, and it was bound to happen sometime.
    Streamlined how? In what way? Is there data? Have you seen it?
    Did you get an explanation that you can share that shows what a roster should look like to complete each difficulty?

Or just a contrarian?
    You can see the increase among Difficulties. It makes for a smoother transition between EQs. With the exception of the first (which, is the Beginner level), the increase is more in line. Before, you had quite a large variation in the difficulty.
    As for a Roster that can complete it, there's room for a range of Rosters. I don't need data to base my judgment. I have the same information shared by Kabam as everyone else, plus the years of experience I have doing these Quests. I've actually primarily focused on EQ, to my own detriment at times. I take my time with Story. So I know what it looks like. Fact is, there's a great deal of reaction because of a change, the first day it's made. If I had a dollar for every reaction like that on here, I would have been number 1 in the Banquet.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

For context, if you had a roster that could easily auto fight previously but now can’t, imagine what it’s like for those who previously could complete each month, but only by a little. Or maybe with a revive or two. This isn’t about Paragon and Thronebreakers who can’t auto fight the Master Equivalent quest. It’s about conquerer and low level uncollected who now can’t get through.

Which they will grow into.
    They were already growing into just fine. Now they may not be able to because the content has increased in difficulty, without any additional incentive to complete it.

How can there accounts grow if the monthly events quests, a key part of the game for resources has been so significantly up tuned that people who could complete before now can’t? This isn’t like a side quest where they change each month and it’s not always easy to keep parity with the difficulty. Monthly event quest difficulty should remain stable. If they are going to increase the difficulty the rewards should increase as well. It’s not fair to the cohort of players that do that level of content.

Personally I don’t think the rewards should increase but the difficulty revert back to its previous state.
    The same way their Accounts grow with anything else. By doing the best they can with it, and advancing through as many areas as possible. Ranking Champs, doing Story, playing Alliance Events, doing Arenas, Incursions, BGs, etc. The difficulty increase isn't that insurmountable. It's a step up. Relying on one source is one thing. Relying on it month after month as a one-stop shop for everything, and expecting to progress, is another.

Care to add to the discussion, or just making it personal?
    B00tblack said:

Licky said:

Uncollected difficulty is now the same as Cav was previously
    Ridiculous

They nerfed Cav. So you are saying that current Uncollected is the same as previous Cav, which would make current Uncollected harder than current Cav? That doesn't seem likely. It does seem odd that they would increase the difficulty of Uncollected though.

It was to make it more streamlined between Difficulties. If you'll remember, there was quite a step between them. For us, we may not have noticed much. It was noticeable when you saw it. To be fair, it's been literal years since it's changed in any sort of significant way. It's more in line, and it was bound to happen sometime.
    Streamlined how? In what way? Is there data? Have you seen it?
    Did you get an explanation that you can share that shows what a roster should look like to complete each difficulty?

Or just a contrarian?
    You can see the increase among Difficulties. It makes for a smoother transition between EQs. With the exception of the first (which, is the Beginner level), the increase is more in line. Before, you had quite a large variation in the difficulty.
    As for a Roster that can complete it, there's room for a range of Rosters. I don't need data to base my judgment. I have the same information shared by Kabam as everyone else, plus the years of experience I have doing these Quests. I've actually primarily focused on EQ, to my own detriment at times. I take my time with Story. So I know what it looks like. Fact is, there's a great deal of reaction because of a change, the first day it's made. If I had a dollar for every reaction like that on here, I would have been number 1 in the Banquet.
    Thank You for your wisdom but not all changes are created equal.

Some changes I have to admit have been for the better while others suck but we learn to live with....this on the other hand isn't just a "minor" inconvenience. a significant increase in difficulty without a similar bump in rewards isn't a small change and certainly doesn't make the game more fun.

If i wanted a significant increase in Uncollected difficulty prior to this month I would have played Cavalier and would have earned better rewards but this month we're given no choice (other than not to play) as Master is the new Uncollected and Uncollected is the new Cavalier...all with the added benefit of getting the same rewards as last month. That certainly makes for a great time.
    It's been YEARS of it being the same. Since then, the entire game has evolved. The content we do month after month has to evolve as well.
This discussion has been closed.