**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

is 6* corvus worth r3 and cosmic awaking gem?

Wolviex81Wolviex81 Posts: 62
edited January 2023 in Strategy and Tips
i dont have a 6* deep cosmic roster. i have silver surfer (awakened r2), and then red goblin, super skrull, hela and terrax, all unawakened r1's. i just got corvus as a 6*. had him as an awakened maxed sig r5 and loved him. helped me with a lot of content early on but the 5* didn't really hold up to later content. wasn't sure if an r3 6* awakened Corvus would be different. i had planned to hold out for a knull, galan, hype, cgr or herc but i havent had much luck. havent really had much luck in cosmic at all.
is it worth waiting or should i invest in corvus?

also, i sometimes run suicides but mostly i just run a mastery build i got from KT1.
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,203 ★★★★
    Personally, I had both, and I prefer Silver Surfer, he does an insane dmg if you play it well, and he has a lot of utility
  • Black_wid0wBlack_wid0w Posts: 32
    I don't like him so much so I wouldn't,but if you like playing him i would
  • THUNDERBILTHUNDERBIL Posts: 267
    For a long time I had a 6* Corvus unawakened that gradually progressed the ladder from R1 to R3, and I finally duped him during holidays. Looking at your roster, it is the best choice to R3 him, dude just nukes through content like cheese, especially with the addition of auto block in so many characters, you can complete 2-3 missions in just a single fight.
    He is just a GOD and is still very effective for many fights.
    Save that Gem for some one who really needs it. Awakening Corvus with a gem is not worth it.
  • hburns03hburns03 Posts: 74
    Wolviex81 said:

i dont have a 6* deep cosmic roster. i have silver surfer (awakened r2), and then red goblin, super skrull, hela and terrax, all unawakened r1's. i just got corvus as a 6*. had him as an awakened maxed sig r5 and loved him. helped me with a lot of content early on but the 5* didn't really hold up to later content. wasn't sure if an r3 6* awakened Corvus would be different. i had planned to hold out for a knull, galan, hype, cgr or herc but i havent had much luck. havent really had much luck in cosmic at all.
    is it worth waiting or should i invest in corvus?

also, i sometimes run suicides but mostly i just run a mastery build i got from KT1.

personally i think corvus is good for earlier content but doesn’t hold up with later content like other cosmic champs do. i would keep him at r2 and save the awakening gem for someone else. but if you really want to use the awakening gem now on someone i’d go with terrax. his awakening makes him even better as a defender
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    Though Corvus still benefits a lot from it, cosmic gems are better spent on other champions these days (Galan, hercules, gorr, and more).
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,883 ★★★★★
    He doesn’t really hold up if you’re doing act 7/8 but has other uses
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    He's basically just a war champ for the sweaty try hards that don't mind constant mastery swaps and using 3 sets of boosts every war now
  • Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    I can say that a R3 Corvus can do a lot of good work in early Act 6 on the right paths. I only bring him along if I can get all missions before the final boss. With all missions complete, his damage goes through the roof. Flip side, his damage needs to go through the roof or you’ll end up in that painful 50 second loop of doing nominal damage and trying to stay alive.

Awakening is nice but not necessary enough to spend a Gem.
  • Wolviex81Wolviex81 Posts: 62
    i still need to work on being thronebreaker so it sounds like r3'ing him will help. the stone i'll save for another champ.
  • AozerAozer Posts: 38
    Corvus is still a beast, but he's viability has drastically decreased in theater content as the health pool of opps increase.
    He still dominates in aq upto map5.
    He dealt great damage against GM.
    But I stopped playing him after act 7 and now our ally moved onto map6, I just find his time has passed.

My r3 6* Corvus is unawakened and I don't feel the need to have him awakened, I think the gem is better invested in herc, or Hyperion.