**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Was Act 5 hard for you or not?

I’m struggling with 5.2.4 but the other quests were very easy. Was 5.2.4 meant to be an exceptionally hard quest or is it just me?

Was Act 5 hard for you or not? 90 votes

Act 5 hard
35%
EpistriatusbuffajrzuffyrockykostonDenslo500Luke9523DemonmewtwozerodudeBocksaroxH3t3rReignkingTWDeamon1337R_jay0027TheNickster20BigBusterChatterofforumsMasterzxProRiptideGreenRaptor413willrun4adonut 32 votes
Nah
32%
SpeedbumpDarkrider05captaincushCaptainaidenOpandemonioBowTieJohnSidDDragonL0TUS_MANTISJAATKINGSpadeHunterDonDudu2809JVoorheesxLunatiXxFurrymoosenSkyLord7000DrauglinDukenpukeFarrukh_tvScaroladipoMrSakuragi 29 votes
Just one or two of the quests (specify in comments)
32%
JinxesaxeAckbar67AmaadAkiraEtherionGodToyota_2015Ben_15455GiuliameijSaltE_Wenis69Blueline_10TheMimicjaythekidAce2319Draconic_12Salve_maker05The_0wenpusBlack_wid0wRealWizard13579rebel_ElMelloiChiefhob 29 votes

Comments

• Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    It was hard when i started playing again in april 2020 after leaving the game for 5 years.

I completed it with 4* but explored it with 5* so exploration was easy .
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Nah
    When I did completion the first time a few years ago, it was moderately difficult. I remember having difficulty with a few of the quests and boss fights. I had a team full of 4*s. I went back and did exploration for Elder's Bane with 5*s and recall a couple paths being especially annoying, but overall pretty easy.

I finished completion on my second account about 18 months ago, this time with a full team of 5*s. Getting uncollected was pretty easy. Collector was still annoying and took a few revies, but aside from that it was pretty simple to get Elder's Bane.

Finished Elder's bane on my third account a couple months ago (after the rebalance of Act 5 & 6). This time through it was laughably easy. The only time I had to use any revives was on the collector fight.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Nah
    During completion yes but after act 6 and getting a strong roster with better skills I butchered everything on my path. You will reach that point eventually.5.2.4 is hard because the quest itself is difficult in initial stages.
  • Options
    Act 5 hard
    Act 5 wasn’t as bad as act 6 but with limited champs it was tough. You just have to slowly push through each quest and eventually you get through it.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Memory fails me.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    EtherionGodEtherionGod Posts: 251 ★★
    If I remember correctly it was a little tricky getting used to the global nodes in the beginning.
  • Options
    zerodudezerodude Posts: 42
    Act 5 hard
    For me it was really difficult to get the first completion, since I started in 2017 there wasnt a lot of champions that could carry you, plus my bad luck at crystal when I started, took me a lot of time to be able to avance.
  • Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 396 ★★★
    I did it in April of last year, and yes, 5.2.4 is the HARDEST quest in the whole of act 5. Followed by 5.4.6, and 5.2.6.

If you have Apocalypse or White Magneto, try them. They do very well.

Jinx
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    5.2.4 was one of the harder chapters from what I remember , prob cuz of masochism and I didn’t have many bleed immune champs to kill the storm boss with.
  • Options
    Act 5 hard
    Finished my revives cuz of the act 5 nodes
  • Options
    Negativity_1Negativity_1 Posts: 61
    Main issue for me was 5.2.5 and 5.2.6 along with the Ultron boss of 5.4.6
    Other than that piece of cake!
    Honourable mention: 5.1.6 Brute Force node
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    Nah
    Is 5.2.4 the first bane quest? Bane was when it got hard for me when I was working through the content, but that was back when I only had 4*s. it shouldn't be hard anymore with easier access to 5 and 6*s.
  • Options
    RealWizardRealWizard Posts: 91
    Some were easy, but some were hard
  • Options
    BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    Act 5 hard
    When I first did it, yes. I sucked at the game AND I only had 4/40's.
  • Options
    Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    With one four star rank 4 Corvus and the rest rank 3 four stars yes masochism was difficult
  • Options
    ElMelloiElMelloi Posts: 101
    only 5.2.6, everything else was easy
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Act 5 hard
    Back when it was released it was the 1st time you were forced to adjust your playstyle and/or read the nodes to be able to get through the quest in a decent manner.
    My skills were non-existent back then, so for me there was no actual playstyle to adjust other than not stand still and get pummeled into the ground.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Act 5 hard
    Back when I had to use R4 4*s to complete act 5 is was hard, of course that was like 5 years ago. Now I have been seeing players using batches of r2 and ever r3 6*s on act 5, which has made act 5 a complete joke these days.
  • Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    Act 5 hard
    Yes, back in 2018, it was hard.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    Act 5 hard
    At the time it was hard. I focused on an initial clear and did exploration later. Think after I became cavalier I went for full exploration. But roster was much better then. I was able to utilise the monthly event quests to be build up my roster and rank up champions.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    In all honesty this is what creates a huge skill gap amongst players.....a good portion of us had to get through this content with 4 stars and a wayyyy more limited pool of champions and choices and we did it.....and then they come along with easily accessible 5-6 stars and new op champs to easily bypass these nodes and what does kabam do? They rebalance the acts and game and nerf content.....now I see players struggling to get through act 5 and 6 with r2-3 6 stars and all I can do is be happy I did this when it originally came out. It made me a way more well rounded player.
  • Options
    Kudos! That needs some skill there WuBangerz! Congrats!
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

In all honesty this is what creates a huge skill gap amongst players.....a good portion of us had to get through this content with 4 stars and a wayyyy more limited pool of champions and choices and we did it.....and then they come along with easily accessible 5-6 stars and new op champs to easily bypass these nodes and what does kabam do? They rebalance the acts and game and nerf content.....now I see players struggling to get through act 5 and 6 with r2-3 6 stars and all I can do is be happy I did this when it originally came out. It made me a way more well rounded player.

100% agree been arguing the same point in the thread about eq difficulty. Also act 5 was rough but the biggest pain point was all those 4*s we ranked were useless after act 5.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★

Yes, but it also left us all with a major headache lol. It definitely wasn't easy...I just remember plowing thru content with my sig 99 Scarlett Witch and then came update 12.0.....still the biggest fu Kabam EVER did to the player base in my opinion
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Yes, but it also left us all with a major headache lol. It definitely wasn't easy...I just remember plowing thru content with my sig 99 Scarlett Witch and then came update 12.0.....still the biggest fu Kabam EVER did to the player base in my opinion
    Wasn't that around the release of 5.2?
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,605 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Act 5 hard
    It was pretty hard, especially act 5.2.4, with the Storm boss, and act 5.3, because of the masochism nodes. Overall, 5.1 and 5.4 weren't that hard, especially because I was just farming revives for 10 minutes straight. I maxed out my 5* Ultron, which allowed me to cruise through act 5.1 and 5.4. His debuffs and immunities make him an awesome lane clearer