Options

Thoughts on SQ Objectives?

I've played this game for long time, this will be the first time ever I will see objectives not completed at month end.

I understand Kabam pushing Relics on us but the hardest objectives only giving relic stuff just doesn't make it worth doing, especially the Level 5 difficulty only offering 250 5* relic shards (2.5%), should be some 6* minimum surely?

Before anyone starts with the 'you don't have to do it' comments, we're supposed to want to do this or at least feel like we should be doing it to progress further.

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    I did all the objectives except the lowest two as I didn't bother running those quests. I did have to run a few quests again because I didn't realize that the next objective in the chain also applied to the first quest but other than that it didn't add much to the difficulty so why not do it?
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    It's all up to you whether it's worth it or not. The SQ itself gave out all those materials that you asked for. In recent memory, those objectives used to be for getting your 20% R4 Mats. Well those were just in the quest itself as path rewards this time around. It's not like they disappeared.
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 259 ★★★
    JOC_3096 said:

I've played this game for long time, this will be the first time ever I will see objectives not completed at month end.

I understand Kabam pushing Relics on us but the hardest objectives only giving relic stuff just doesn't make it worth doing, especially the Level 5 difficulty only offering 250 5* relic shards (2.5%), should be some 6* minimum surely?

Before anyone starts with the 'you don't have to do it' comments, we're supposed to want to do this or at least feel like we should be doing it to progress further.

Very much this for me.....
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,326 ★★★★★
    The objectives were pretty easy to complete though. It wasn't bad for a cherry on top of the rewards we're already getting for finishing the SQ.
  • Options
    BleakmessBleakmess Posts: 60
    Relics can be made more better by imposing the relic champ immunities or special abilities to the tied champ, maybe for a little duration at beginning or dash back hold will switch it on for few seconds during the fight.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,074 ★★★★★
    I actually did one accidently, only after that I saw the rewards and realized there is no reason to do it.
    I don't think there was any valid reason for relics in a first place. Also I only do highest difficulty sq most of the time for more than a year by now
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,850 ★★★★★
    Not doing them. Not interested in relics
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,839 ★★★★★
    It’s one less thing I have to worry about every month
  • Options
    KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    I tried the first week and second week then I didn’t care anymore
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 831 ★★★
    skip the relics rewards
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,078 ★★★★★
    I skip the relic focused ones, don't care for them.
    Decent stuff in the lower ones though
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,593 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Feeney234 said:

JOC_3096 said:

Absolutely trash and not worth doing (for me at least). Literally zero incentive. Relics dont offer me a thing for the time/effort that would be put into those side quest challenges
    Agree 100% .
    Not worth my time and energy for something that adds little value to the game.
  • Options
    Smokely7Smokely7 Posts: 175 ★★
    I did all of them because I'm addicted but honestly don't see any improvement in my account. I'm sure the shards will add up eventually so I'll keep doing them. Week 5 was tougher (restarted a couple times) but also looks like I did it while it was bugged.
  • Options
    IMWeaselIMWeasel Posts: 80
    I didn't see anything improve from doing these and I DO actually like relics. But I have done every relic quest there is and still don't even have any tier one or tier two class catalysts to rank them (Not that it matters because as you said I'd only rank 5 and 6 star relics) I agree that either the rewards need to be returned to viable materials or at the very least pump the relic rewards.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Already talked about this and I remain the same; giving ONLY relics rewards is a big mistake, the ones doing the hardest difficulty are the ones that are in need of more resources because they need to R2/R3 their 6*, giving this little resources everytime its like laughing at them.

Kabam needs to understand what they ask for at leveling and upgrading both Champions and Relics and what they give, 1M gold its nothing nowadays, very big lack of ISO, no alloy or fragments enough to really rank up relics, so those have no value for us, but they still put ONLY relic stuff on rewards.

If they want players trying to do X stuff to get rewards, those rewards must be worth enough to have to either do that stuff many times or spend revives, energy and units on them, if not, players will just skip them, I was doing them yesterday and I thought nah, not worth.

And the game modes that give "enough", because it aint really enough but its something, are quite boring or repetitive or unfunny like AQ or Incursions
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,178 ★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Already talked about this and I remain the same; giving ONLY relics rewards is a big mistake, the ones doing the hardest difficulty are the ones that are in need of more resources because they need to R2/R3 their 6*, giving this little resources everytime its like laughing at them.

Kabam needs to understand what they ask for at leveling and upgrading both Champions and Relics and what they give, 1M gold its nothing nowadays, very big lack of ISO, no alloy or fragments enough to really rank up relics, so those have no value for us, but they still put ONLY relic stuff on rewards.

If they want players trying to do X stuff to get rewards, those rewards must be worth enough to have to either do that stuff many times or spend revives, energy and units on them, if not, players will just skip them, I was doing them yesterday and I thought nah, not worth.

And the game modes that give "enough", because it aint really enough but its something, are quite boring or repetitive or unfunny like AQ or Incursions

Andddddddd they did it again 🤦‍♂️ clear disconnect between Kabam and its player base. Crazy
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,326 ★★★★★
    I just got my second 5 star relic today. Ant-Man . It would be more of a cool pull if I had a 6 star Yellowjacket. At least I can use it to extend combos in the meantime.

I'd prefer it if they went with the rewards structure where you choose between Rank up stuff or Acquisition stuff. It might be more complicated for them to further divide that into Relics and Champs and shepherd more economies, but they get what they get. We didn't ask for Relics.
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    Will be definitely playing SQ, but at the same time ignoring the objectives. If it gets completed somehow by playing randomly iam happy, but not gonna go tedious like last month
  • Options
    It feels the same as last month
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Don't like that this month you only get one chance to defeat the boss in a single fight
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,889 ★★★★★
    Drake2078 said:

Don't like that this month you only get one chance to defeat the boss in a single fight

You get 4. You'll get 3 more tickets in the calendar for week 1.