**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Absorbing Man Playstyle

JOC_3096JOC_3096 Posts: 200 ★★
Anyone else think Abs playstyle is too difficult?

Mines sig 37 and I'm good at intercepts but prefer medium by far, I've noticed I can bait a heavy and punish with a light or do the standard, hit block, dash back and light intercept that will pause the timer but the AI just doesn't play ball!

I'll get one or two of these and then the AI almost learns, it'll hit a 4-hit into my block and not drop heavy or just won't dash in.

Not to mention the the timer runs down during specials, I'll drop mine, defender drops there's and timers done!

Surely this can't be intended? The Champ is great but need sig 200 to even be playable is a bit of a joke...

Comments

• Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 652 ★★★
    My absorbing man is unawakened and still is an absolute beast. But I’m okay with the difficulty to refine forms in normal match ups, it’s easy to refine in the ideal match ups where the opponent has lots of buffs expiring or they have armor breaks, but in normal match ups it takes skill and (if he’s not at high sig) abit of luck to be able to maintain his form.

Some tips I’ve found helpful is to try to pause the timer before using special attacks. And if you lose your form then build up to that sp3 and you’ll be refined with 10 seconds of pause, it’s extremely useful and is the safety when you mess up the cycle
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Ortoun said:

The green door synergy really helps with this as it gets you 3 more seconds on forms, plus poison immunity

Using this synergy and/or focusing on fights where immunity is triggered(particularly armor break) makes light intercept rarely necessary.
  • Options
    VeronVeron Posts: 21
    Can’t get green door synergy with my absorbing man. Has it been removed?
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,912 ★★★★
    Veron said:

Can’t get green door synergy with my absorbing man. Has it been removed?

Check your star level