**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7* release date

When do we think 7* are going to be released to us and what do we think the cost is going to be per crystal?

Comments

• Options
    legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★
    I'd say next year.
    Or released with act 9
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

I'm guessing somewhere around May / June and 10-15k a crystal.

Every basic crystal gives 2.75% of the next basic. There’s no reason to think it’s anything other than 10,000
    Not really true. We will find out what it will be eventually, but that doesn’t mean that it will be 10k ant more than it does mean it will be more
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

TyEdge said:

Every basic crystal gives 2.75% of the next basic. There’s no reason to think it’s anything other than 10,000
    It’s kabam, no other reason needed
    it's sad but so true
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 796 ★★★
  • Options
    Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 405 ★★
    Feeney234 said:

Armed07 said:

When do we think 7* are going to be released to us and what do we think the cost is going to be per crystal?

Its been confirmed for next week
    When was it confirmed for next week? All i've heard is Spring 2023 and the whole season is about 3 months long, so im not sure where "next week" comes from???
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,605 ★★★★
    I think 7* crystals will probably be released with act 8.4, and the cost may be 15k. Just a guess though
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    When Kabam announced the 7* and 7* shards introduction (on September on October 2022), it was written a first batch during the Spring next year (so 2023). Spring could mean the release of June.
    Except for humor or sarcasm, I don’t know why other deadlines are in the answers here...

Nothing was said about the cost, so wait and see.
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    They said somewhere ‘earlier than we expect’ or something alike
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 443 ★★★
    They said spring 2023 which is March, April and May. So let's see if they will keep their promise ;)
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Armed07 said:

And not in the "it will be a different number" way, but rather in the "no number will be the whole truth" way. .
    What si the difference between the two? Or rather what do you mean by no number will be the whole truth?
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Coming with next update, my guess.

Such an easy obtainable six star awakening gem this month leads me to believe they are close.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    Sean_Who said:

Such an easy obtainable six star awakening gem this month leads me to believe they are close.

You think 158 fights in incursions is easy?
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023

Agreed - I think May the latest, gives Kabam a month to get the hype train rolling into the July 4th deals so also expect some small amount of 7* rank up materials with odins etc
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    I think it may be with spring cleaning (this weekend) but well of the 7* it prepares I imagine with a Maj not with such an event
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Can’t wait for my 7-star Cyclops.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    I hope they dont make it more than 10k but they dont let you buy any amount of Crystals to keep economy right, maybe something like 5 crystals a week?
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Never
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,677 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Armed07 said:

And not in the "it will be a different number" way, but rather in the "no number will be the whole truth" way. .
    What si the difference between the two? Or rather what do you mean by no number will be the whole truth?
    Imagine we're talking before the arrival of 5* champs to the game, and you ask me "I wonder what 5* champion crystals will cost?" If I say "I heard they will cost 10k shards" the natural conclusion would be that 5* champions will be five times more expensive than 4* champs, because 4* crystals cost only 2k shards. But that looks at the cost out of context. 4* dups don't drop 55 5* shards, they drop 275 5* shards - five times more. And when you look at other places where 5* shards are awarded, they are awarded with the understanding that it takes more shards to form a crystal. In one sense, 5* crystals cost ten times more shards, but in a deeper sense they kind of cost the same amount as 4* crystals. And really, it isn't possible to compare the shard costs in this way directly, because the shards are just a book keeping thing: a way to hand us fractions of a crystal. In real terms we were earning 5* champs faster than we ever were earning 4* champs only a couple of years after 5* champs were released into the game. The cost wasn't the whole story, because it wasn't an indication of how easy or hard it would be to earn 5* champs. Heck, these days I open more 5* crystals than 4* crystals due to my current progression, which means the shard cost of the crystals is completely irrelevant at this point.

We know 6* champs are dropping 275 7* shards now. So in an economic sense, we aren't going to see a similar costs recalibration for 7* champs. But in the grand scheme of things, the same thing will be true for 7* champs that was true for 5* and 6* champs: the shard cost is only meaningful in the context of the greater economy, and the devs have many opportunities to change things in the higher progression tiers that would change the meaning of the shard costs.

Suppose the cost for 7* crystals is set to be 15k instead of 10k. But from now on all 7* crystals would be annual crystals, meaning they would only contain champs released in a particular year like the Cav annuals. Well then that cost would be incomparable to the current 6* costs, because the pools would be much smaller and players would have more ability to target champs. Or what if all 7* crystals were Nexus crystals to make them jazzier? Or what if the crystals didn't have a fixed single cost, and say the crystal had a cost per spin? Like the first spin of your crystal cost 12k, but you had the right to pay for a respin for 8k? What would you say the cost of the crystal was? There's no way to do that, without giving away the design.

I'm not saying any of these things is going to happen. I haven't been told anything yet about what 7* anything is going to look like. I just have a feeling the devs don't want to just extend 6* champions by adding a star and calling it a day. They want the 7* game and economy to "feel different" and whatever it is they decide to do, whether it is a radical change or an underwhelming change, it *might* make the question of "what's the crystal going to cost" somewhat meaningless outside of context.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Armed07 said:

Imagine we're talking before the arrival of 5* champs to the game, and you ask me "I wonder what 5* champion crystals will cost?" If I say "I heard they will cost 10k shards" the natural conclusion would be that 5* champions will be five times more expensive than 4* champs, because 4* crystals cost only 2k shards. But that looks at the cost out of context. 4* dups don't drop 55 5* shards, they drop 275 5* shards - five times more. And when you look at other places where 5* shards are awarded, they are awarded with the understanding that it takes more shards to form a crystal.
    Great answer as usual, but I do have one minor quibble with the part I put in bold. The uncollected crystal shard crystals give a equal tiny amount of 4* & 5* shards. They don't need to produce any more than they currently do, but I've always found it weird the regular shard crystal gave 200 of whatever shard was rewarded, while the 'better' one gave so little.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    Sean_Who said:

Sean_Who said:

You think 158 fights in incursions is easy?
    Yes, not even grinding it out it was done within a week – for the reward you receive, very easy.
    I like that they offer AG gems but making us grind for it really isn't fun especially at the current state the game is in not to mention we have lives outside the game and we play to escape the real world for a bit.