**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Grandmaster still the hardest Boss?

GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
edited December 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I just finished act7 and am reflecting on how Kang ended up being much easier in comparison to the Grandmaster. Retaining charges after a revive makes it all but a joke with several easy counters. I haven't made it to Scytails yet but I have heard mixed reviews. So that brings me to my question, who is the hardest boss?

Is Grandmaster still the hardest Boss? 70 votes

Grandmaster
68%
zuffyCedricccHaldir1983XxDeadDreadxXp01arisGarloWoodyNailsomeDoom_and_GloomMoosetiptronicAmaadAkiraRockyshockyCapriciousGrizzly_18ThatOneMasterGamer_Sham_gforcefanlaserjohn26Ctfz35BabyMiikeErcarret 48 votes
Gwenmaster
15%
Giantwalrus56Dkcody42SpecMPascals001Dragoon81SuelGamesGrootIsDaBestCosmicManbatnBuanaTyTeaerik613 11 votes
Kang
4%
EtherionGodUltragamerDarkChamp732 3 votes
Superior Kang
10%
NanoDroidLickyTopgunrulesPowerOfACandleshut_up_heatherMaxwell2454TheRogues 7 votes
Scytalis
1%
MasterYatharth 1 vote
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 988 ★★★★
    I only find GMs 3rd phase hard… none of these bosses are too hard after you figure the fight out.
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    Grandmaster
    But GM 3rd phase is harder than any other boss phase IMO
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★
    Gwenmaster
    Grandmaster and SKang arent hard, just require specific gameplay, in fact they re very fun and well made fights.

I havent fought Scytalis and Gwenmaster whooped my a$$ when i fought her lol so i ll go with her
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,701 ★★★★★
    Grandmaster
    Still GM for me. Didn’t have much problem with Gwenmaster or the Kangs. And Scytalis is the easiest fight on this list.
    Grandmaster
    SuelGames said:

Grandmaster and SKang arent hard, just require specific gameplay, in fact they re very fun and well made fights.

I havent fought Scytalis and Gwenmaster whooped my a$$ when i fought her lol so i ll go with her

The same could be said about Gwenmaster. I used Kitty and brought in Emma at the swap to counter reverse controls. I ranked my ProfX for the fight and never used him because kitty crushed the fight
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Grandmaster
    For me his third phase was the hardest
  • GarloGarlo Posts: 189 ★★
    Grandmaster
    Collector is the hardest.
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 371 ★★★
    Kang
    Nowadays GM way easier that act 7 bosses with newer champs like prof x makes gm easy same for doom and alot of people have multiple r3s by that time so he’s not hard anymore
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    Grandmaster
    Gwenmaster is the only real contender for me (although I had venompool for kang)

I still think GM is hardest though.
    Grandmaster

Nowadays GM way easier that act 7 bosses with newer champs like prof x makes gm easy same for doom and alot of people have multiple r3s by that time so he’s not hard anymore

GM required soooo many resources when I went through it. Kang required 4 lvl 1 revives on my first attempt. Maybe my roster is more developed. I still don't want to go back to do the GM fight, but would do Kang again today
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    Grandmaster
    I think GM is the hardest, mainly because Kabam has refined their boss concept since then. GM was the first boss of his kind (maybe the Champion counts but I typically see GM as #1) so you're always the least prepared for that type of boss fight when fighting him compared to any of the bosses after that. That in itself made it harder.

Another thing is that Kabam has made more and more things carry over between attempts at the bosses since then. In the GM fight, you lost most of your charges when you died whereas, in later fights, you first retained them on an individual champion basis, or, in the end, on a team basis. It made it a whole lot easier since the fights weren't as punishing and didn't require you to play flawlessly during individual attempts. In the later boss fights, I usually felt that I built up toward those Wounded phases even if I didn't reach it then and there, while I always felt like I had to redo the entire phase cycle if I died and had to revive during the GM fight.

Had the GM been the hardest boss if Superior Kang had been the Act 6 boss and GM the Act 7 one, after you'd gotten used to that type of fight? That's harder to say.
    edited January 2023
    Grandmaster

I just finished GM yesterday. I am seriously considering not even trying for paragon after that fight, if the superior kang fight is anything like the GM one. The amount of times I didn't have dexterity trigger was so frustrating it took me somewhere around 80-90 revives to finish.

everything is easier than grandmaster. kang is a cakewalk @Just_Frank2022
  • AozerAozer Posts: 38
    SuelGames said:

I had so much trouble fighting her last phase. Where he threw special, auto blocked and stunned me. I went through my revives and potions pretty quickly there. Also my patient was running out lol.
    Just wanted to get her down.