Is Bahamut bugged?

Went and finished exploring 8.2 yesterday.
My mistake was bringing Ægon as the champ for the Superior critical resistance path. As Ægon needs crits to purify debuffs this fight was long and costly, since the only real damage was his SP2 bleeds.
In one attempt I noticed that after Bahamut got an X-Gamma charge his volatility timer disappeared and the only thing I could do was die and revive.
I powered through though and finished exploring but it cost me quite a chunk of units.
My thought is, is that a bug or a part of his program, that the volatility timer just disappears?

Comments

• StoneyThePoneyStoneyThePoney Member Posts: 55
    No one has experienced his volatility timer disappearing?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★

No one has experienced his volatility timer disappearing?

I have, but only when Bahamet is at or below 5%.
  • DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Member Posts: 196 ★★
    It seems that if you make his armor go into negative numbers, the volatily icon dissapears. But that seems like a intended mechanic, since you should already be dealing enough damage to take him down
  • CederCeder Member Posts: 668 ★★★
    Idk but the biggest bug I had was when Bahamut would just stand still holding block, I lost revives because of that
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    edited May 2023
    There are a few bugs in that fight for sure.

Heal sponge lane. He does exactly what he says he won’t do. Heals above phase threshold and reverts phases. The revert comes after you die from not knowing what phase you’re in or what to do. But even so, nodes says he shouldn’t heal back to 13% from 10%. But he does.

There is a UI bug when breaking the armor that makes it go to 4Th phase UI. Showing the 65 armor. But you can ignore that for the most part.

There is a LARGE area after the wave knocks him down. That your hit will whiff right through his body on standup. I’ve tried coming in later to get the standup. But that gives him the option to light intercept you. Sometimes he does. Sometimes he doesn’t. So when you knock him down with the wave. Just don’t go in at all.

Double hit first-medium champs are just unplayable with his counter-attack. You can do it. But I have no interest in going through the trouble of playing the whole fight without dashing in to close distance and bait specials. Just long and boring that way.