**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Server Outage Information - Discussion Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    MH2804 wrote: »
    Hey @Ad0ra_ , now that the game is running smoothly, any plans on unlocking 5.4 today?

We've been talking with the team, and just confirmed that we will not be unlocking 5.4 today. While things appear to be more stable at the moment, we want more certainty before we release that content. We will keep everyone apprised of the release intentions for 5.4 as that becomes more clear. Really glad you're still excited for it, and sorry that we've had to delay it for you all.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey @Ad0ra_ , now that the game is running smoothly, any plans on unlocking 5.4 today?

We've been talking with the team, and just confirmed that we will not be unlocking 5.4 today. While things appear to be more stable at the moment, we want more certainty before we release that content. We will keep everyone apprised of the release intentions for 5.4 as that becomes more clear. Really glad you're still excited for it, and sorry that we've had to delay it for you all.
    thanks.

at this point, kabam surely must have a ballpark estimate of when we can expect the release right?
  • MH2804MH2804 Posts: 77
    Damn ok. WB tomorrow? @Ad0ra_
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★

Thanks for the update.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Thanks Adora.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Obviously these people care not whether it runs good so just release it so when it does crash they can **** that they were going for a legends run
  • Crot80Crot80 Posts: 15
    @Ad0ra_

Any word on expiring items that were supposed to be used today on act 5.4????
  • FrankJC333FrankJC333 Posts: 4

What about the 1500 units I spent in energy refills, potions, and revives, from this "half-off" deal in the store for 5.4, assuming it was being released when you guys said it was. Now that its been delayed and my items will expire, what kind of compensation can i expect for this?
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★

Is it safe to say that it'll be released this week still?
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Donyb wrote: »
    Yes it’s oddly stable ....... maybe 5.4 stable....

let's make this happen @Kabam Miike

They will Waite a few days of it being stable before they release it
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    NMEONES wrote: »

Is it safe to say that it'll be released this week still?

I would say that if it were safe to say she would have said it.
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    There's no way those items could be expiring now they just went on sale. Other than that a few energy refills is nothing compared to the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of units it's going to take to complete it. It's only Been 7 hours delayed lol and frankly I ain't doing no Legends run until the first week when the maps are drawn out
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    So this couldn't have been seen in advance? An announcement couldn't have been made BEFORE the scheduled release time? Still no announcement on what to expect?

For a company making hundreds of millions of dollars this is totally unacceptable. I have never seen anything like this with any other game. Just terrible.
  • DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    @Ad0ra_ let’s say everything is smooth sailing from here on out when would be the earliest for 5.4 to drop
    Pls and thank you
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    So this couldn't have been seen in advance? An announcement couldn't have been made BEFORE the scheduled release time? Still no announcement on what to expect?

For a company making hundreds of millions of dollars this is totally unacceptable. I have never seen anything like this with any other game. Just terrible.

Well, no. They didn't expect the servers to **** out. Lol.
  • KevinFF1961KevinFF1961 Posts: 93
    Are rank down tickets in play? Doesn't hurt to ask
  • BatarangBatarang Posts: 28
    Will the star lord arena be extended? The one time I want to grind it's gone bad.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Munrolm02 wrote: »
    There's no way those items could be expiring now they just went on sale. Other than that a few energy refills is nothing compared to the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of units it's going to take to complete it. It's only Been 7 hours delayed lol and frankly I ain't doing no Legends run until the first week when the maps are drawn out

Thousands upon thousands upon thousands? Not very optimistic lol. Act 5.3 cost me zero units. I expect 5.4 to be really difficult but doubt it'll escalate from zero to thousands upon thousands upon thousands. Could be wrong.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    It's only me or someone else still have fights (and everything) lagged and crashing almost every time?.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    My game is pretty smooth right now @I_am_Groot. I've never really had lag issues though.
  • Qwerty wrote: »

thanks.

at this point, kabam surely must have a ballpark estimate of when we can expect the release right?

Two things could make any estimate difficult to make at the moment. First, they may not be certain the problems are gone. Suppose that an hour from now they get sporatic reports of players unable to access the game. Everyone else seems to be fine. Is that just a coincidental isolated outage or is that the leading edge of the problem not being fully extinguished? You've already delayed the release, would you then take the risk of launching into the problem anyway? Probably not. Circumstances at the moment could make them not want to announce anything they would almost immediately have to retract, given all the problems so far.

Second, even if they think they've solved the problem, they may not yet have the full measure of what side effects are still lingering in the game. I've heard sporatic reports of players being locked out of AQ, or locked *in* AQ. If there are still players with screwed up accounts they haven't found and fixed yet, they might not want to launch new content until those are all found and addressed to the best extent they are able to. If that process is still ongoing, they might not have an estimate yet for how long that will take, and the estimate for when 5.4 launches might be dependent on that.

I recognize many players want 5.4 sooner than later, but since it is delayed anyway, it is probably best if Kabam tries to make sure players with lingering problems with their accounts are taken care of and the whole thing won't immediately crash when they launch it before they announce when the content launch is happening.
  • I will preempt this statement by stating that I’m not “siding” w Kabam on this issue, but what most here need to understand, is that coming here to post pages and pages of rants, whining, complaining....does absolutely nothing to help rectify the issue nor have the game team work any quicker on doing so. They have a full understanding of how this is affecting all the players.

We all can agree that this has been hands down one of the most amazing months in terms of Kabam creating new content and actually giving the player base a lot of what we’ve been asking for over the last year. Between the rewards from MODOKS lab, monthly quests, chapter 4, the login calendar, store discounts, weekly offers (that have been decent), the boosts, the upcoming halls of healing and fortune....

Seeing all the hard work that went into aiming at this being an amazing month for the player base, I can almost guarantee that every Kabam employee is prolly flipping out and dare I say it....borderline pissed this is all happening....potentially scarring and ruining the entire month and the work that went into it.

Sit back, be patient and let them fix the issue and see what the plans are for any sort of rectification:)
  • X4ONEX4ONE Posts: 3
    I feel like some awesome bundles for items or other things would be amazing, when it comes to compensation I would say reduce the energy per move it would cost to do act V.4 or something.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Sometime next year
  • DELIRIOUSDELIRIOUS Posts: 22
    Any compensation?
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    I would like to see a bunch of l5 team Heath and l3 team revives along with arena boost energy refills and the top alliance revives/health potions

I know rdt and awakening gems would be nice but I doubt we would get that lucky