**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Subject change: When will Thor and SW be added?

Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
I'm wondering why the original Thor and Scarlet haven't been added to the basic 5* pool yet.

Comments

• FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Imagine the power of those two in five star form, and their insanely low drop rates like elusive levels same as SL...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    They've never been playable. That's about it. They just have no plans of adding the ones not already playable right now. It has nothing to do with withholding anything.
  • Darth_KaladinnDarth_Kaladinn Posts: 103
    You would think they would eventually release these champs (SW, Thor, DD, Wolvie, etc) as 5*s when content moves more towards 5/6* and 4*s become the new 3*s. Otherwise those champs won’t be a part of the game anymore except for new players.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    To powerful, Kabam dont wanna have to nerf them again. Instead champs like gwenpool and mordo get the knife... Soon blade, aa, and anyone else the youtubers say that are op.
  • MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    They'll most likely never be added. SW, Thor or Wolverine. If they were made available as 5*, their ability % would increase as well. It would be enough to make put SW and Thor at the top of their class again and [I don't think] the Kabam heads want to repeat 12.0
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Imagine the power of those two in five star form, and their insanely low drop rates like elusive levels same as SL...

Thor wouldn't be OP though. characters like GP, Hela, SL, Spark, Medusa and Hyperion still far exceed Thor's damage. while characters like Angela, Drax and Black Spidey are on par if not above him. let's also not forget that Thor has nothing against Stun immune champs.

about SW, she is way too RNG reliable. i don't know if she is going to be better than GR, DV, or Magik. it would take too long to take her to High Sig and even then, you may need a crit team for her to have a decent activation of her effects.

these guys aren't really OP.
    To powerful, Kabam dont wanna have to nerf them again. Instead champs like gwenpool and mordo get the knife... Soon blade, aa, and anyone else the youtubers say that are op.

Gwenpool had her Heavy Bleed reduced because it caused an exploitative loop in combination with Enervate. She works the same otherwise. No idea what you're referring to with Mordo.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    DS.....give me back my DS as a 5*..
  • shawnli87shawnli87 Posts: 99

Gwenpool had her Heavy Bleed reduced because it caused an exploitative loop in combination with Enervate. She works the same otherwise. No idea what you're referring to with Mordo.

The Mordo "nerf" where he loses astral evade under the effects of concussion or fatigue.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    No reason not to anymore. The over powered thing is garbage as we have champs like voodoo, hype and archangel in basic 5*.

Its not like theyre even good champs anymore anyways. 5* switch would need sig 100+ to have even any chance of activating her buffs/debuffs. Thors armor break would require a high sig to be effective as well
    shawnli87 wrote: »

The Mordo "nerf" where he loses astral evade under the effects of concussion or fatigue.

If he wasn't meant to do it, it's not a nerf.
  • they will be 6 star champs that's why
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★

Dude. For ages since his release he wasnt like that. Its a nerf. Even you have to admit it.
  • CloudgazerCloudgazer Posts: 12

Quake's concussion is 100% ability accuracy reduction, so it should have always turned off Mordo's evade, if it didn't it was a bug.
    Cable's concussion is only 90%, so in his case it's a nerf.

Fatigue has no impact on ability accuracy, and there was never any expectation of it impacting evades. Fatigue turning off astral evade (and no other kind of evade) is an unambiguous Mordo nerf.
    DoctorJ wrote: »

Dude. For ages since his release he wasnt like that. Its a nerf. Even you have to admit it.

It took time to get around to Quake. That wasn't a nerf either. It was a fix.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Both Gwenpool and Mordo were nerfed. It is what it is. but the nerfs were justifiable. There was no skill involved in GP's offensive ability and too much skill involved working with Mordo's defensive ability. The only counter to Mordo was iceman, or using a quirky glitch. They made him tolerable. He's still super annoying if you are not using Captain America or Ant Man.

It's not like they scaled down their attributes, or changed the way either one of their strategic uses on attack (no one was using that exploit for GP).

But if any of you are itching for a Rank Down Ticket in spite of those nerfs then you are going down the wrong path and looking at it the wrong way I think. We need to be asking the game for more resources to Rank Up.

Lastly, the point of the rank down tickets is to rank down that champ. so you mean to tell me, that you are planning on ranking down Gwen Pool or Mordo? seriously. No one is going to rank down Gwen pool. I can see people maybe doing Mordo, but even before the nerf he wasn't that great to begin with. So again, MORE RESOURCES TO RANK UP. That's the message we need to send.

And to the OP, I think they should put them in as 5*'s. it's time.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    edited December 2017
    gl3kn9v1coeu.jpg

This explains it all.
    I've said this before, but just the thought of this makes kabam piss themselves, less CR to mess with her crit rate and abilities. Even thor at a 4/55 level would be great, but there's other cosmics that are way better.

I would agree to having ds, thor, Gamora, bb as 5* without sw (unless they "fix" her to their liking to make their content less easy or whatever they said back when they left dormammu bugged in his quest in the 12.0 time). Because I mean we have starlord there and he's an og...so why not those other 4?
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    You weren’t kidding about changing subject. You posted this is the bugs section.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Moving this thread to General since it's not a bug. Thanks!
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    Oops i thought I had it in General. Sorry.