**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Server Outage Information - Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    What do you mean? They were dealing with it since yesterday, and communicating with us the whole time. There was little they could do until they reached their partners today. It doesn't get much more professional than that.
  • I would be happy with actually being able to play the game, server issues and all.
    I haven't been able to play any of the new modok motel or any arena I enter actually.
    I would be thrilled just getting any word back from kabam on the two reports I sent in regarding the issue I've been experiencing for the last seven days. Seven days of watching a game crash. Good times.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Oh my God, what's worse than the server outages is the community on forums itself.

It's a game, most of you guys are acting like they do this stuff on purpose. Who would do that to their own game. These server problems affect them more than us players, and like they have said repeatedly they are trying to fix it. So just stay patient, your complaining and whining certainly doesn't help at all.

Some people have issues regarding items bought for 5.4 from the sale, they had a 20 limit, so 15 revives would be in your stash, 10 refills, plus health pots have a 25 limit. If you had any previously saved items, then it might be different for you but still there's a 14-day expiry period for those and I'm sure it'll come back around within 2 weeks. If it doesn't, take a screenshot, contact support, get your units refunded.

Last but not the least, the compensation, some of the people here have VERY 'realistic' demands. 5* gems, T2As, 5* crystals. Like seriously?
    (Modok's labs and Uncollected already give 3 5*s, 1 T2A, 6* shards, T5bs and other stuff. If you want this stuff for free, don't count on it)

Also, THERE WILL NOT BE ANY RANK DOWN TICKETS, EVER. So please stop begging for them and rank your champs wisely.
    I'm all up for free stuff, but let them solve the problems first and decide whatever they think it's fair. They have done a great job this month, so I think they'll do what's necessary.

P.S You know things must've gotten real when Ad0ra had to come back haha.
  • IronicFistIronicFist Posts: 48
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    We are making further progress in the conversation on how we'll make this right, and will update everyone as soon as we have conclusive information to share.

@Ad0ra_ that's great news. Thank you.

That said, it would help a lot if you could define "this"

bc the impact of getting booted from map 6 and losing 50% health on a degen path is different from the impact of getting booted from MODOK quest a few times

and the impact of having alliancemates locked out of AQ is different from the impact of getting booted from arena

and the impact of having alliancemates locked out of map 6 is different from the impact of having alliance mates locked out of map 5 and so on and so on

and yes, i'm asking bc my alliance paid the full resource cost of map 6 and will have to complete it with missed paths and nodes up because we have players locked out. so the map will cost my players more to complete and our score will be lower, costing us ranking this AQ.

i'm hopeful for an equitable solution but based on communication from support and on this forum it's not even clear that kabob understands the urgency or the severity of this issue.
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    Glad the game is back up, too bad there are so many people who would be satisfied with a few revives and be made whole for this debacle. If only customers in the real world were so reasonable and negotiated from such a position of weakness.... Love the product here, when it’s available, and recent changes aside from last 48 hours were great, some hope for future continued improvement.
  • Hi
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Raydogg wrote: »
    Hi

hi raydogg. HRU?
  • penvro56378penvro56378 Posts: 186
    i would just like to say as much as this is frustrating and i have made my own hate posts. this game has made me meet so many different people and as i like to say i met my long lost brothers when i played this game this game brings people together and i think alot of the time when i get frustrated at the game and at kabam i think its becuase i care and i hate to see the game and the community struggling when this game has made me laugh cry and rage. this game i hope to be playing throughout my entire life with many content updates. thank you kabam for all you have done by bringing so many people together

-penvro gillilan
  • So, what are these so called issues that you say were found?
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I think the transparency post was awesome on your part. This kind of thing will happen from time to time, I actually trust in the team on this. Thug Life!
  • Ace_03 wrote: »
    Every single area of the game was impacted and a lot of time, energy and sometimes units we’re spent, how will the company resolve this In a way that it can be just for the entire player base?

The easy answer is they won't: it just is not possible to compensate players in a way that all of them will feel is just. The biggest problem is that many areas impacted are competitive.

It is one thing to compensate a player who lost some thing in-game. You die, you lose a boost, you fail a mission - you can individually compensate players for that. But when you are talking about a competition like the basic and featured arenas, the problem is not the loss of points. The problem is that not everyone lost points in the same way. And there's no practical way to know in what specific way each and every player was affected. When the Android problem happened, Kabam handed out arena boosts to Android players. Some Android players thought that was not enough to compensate them for the lost arena opportunity. Some iOS players thought that was unfair because it then put *them* at a disadvantage in the arena event those were used in.

Everyone has their own idea of what is fair and just, and moreso when it comes to competitions. Kabam can only do their best to split the difference, but I don't think we can expect a "just" solution when none of us agrees on what a just solution would be.
  • GrumpyKat wrote: »
    Is it too much to ask to change the "Please check your connection" message and have Kabam take responsibility for connection issues on their end?! It triggers me every time I see it, knowing my connection is just fine!

A lot of games do that, but if I were the developers I would specifically put network connectivity health checks that could tell the difference between the game being down and the client having no connectivity.
  • IronicFistIronicFist Posts: 48
    edited December 2017
    Ah okay, fair question. I mean - don't take this list as the comprehensive list, meaning if something isn't on here that doesn't mean we aren't discussing it. But things I can safely say we are discussing right now are AQ, Arenas, MODOK Labs, general downtime stuff - there's a lot that we're discussing in terms of impact and what we need to sort out for you all. Hopefully that clarifies a little bit?

It absolutely does. Thank you for the additional detail.

I know you guys want this fixed as much as we do and fwiw knowing that you're considering the relevant cases rather than just the general inconvenience is meaningful.

I've got 30 grumpy guys working map 6 short-handed tonight so every little bit really does help :)

PS - i'm sorry i called you guys "Kabob"... my autocorrect is overzealous :s
  • Are we gonna be reimbursed because this was my chance to be able to finally get a five star champ but I haven't been able to play ever since this event started so yeah I kinda screwed
  • Are we gonna be reimbursed because this was my chance to be able to finally get a five star champ but I haven't been able to play ever since this event started so yeah I kinda screwed

may still have time i clrared it in first 12 hours 62 streak then got my x23 wolverine 5 star as my 13th 5 star champion

may still have time i clrared it in first 12 hours 62 streak then got my x23 wolverine 5 star as my 13th 5 star champion

Yeah, the original estimate in the announcement for 500 fights to reach one million was based on extremely conservative estimates. It actually takes about 180 fights with maxed 2* champions to get there, plus or minus. That's about 60 rounds, and I've heard of it taking 70 rounds but not very much more than that. It is harder if you are starting now from scratch, and harder if you are using a slower device, but still not impossible. I did it on the first day also.
  • @Ad0ra_ While i am happy that the servers are back to "normal" will be still be getting compensation or will you guys just wait until we all forget about this?
  • I am sure there will be compensations. It is just a matter of time when they announce when thins are stable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    GrumpyKat wrote: »
    Is it too much to ask to change the "Please check your connection" message and have Kabam take responsibility for connection issues on their end?! It triggers me every time I see it, knowing my connection is just fine!

Yeah, I can understand that. I'm working to get you guys more clarity and info surrounding this specific thing,
    IronicFist wrote: »
    Ah okay, fair question. I mean - don't take this list as the comprehensive list, meaning if something isn't on here that doesn't mean we aren't discussing it. But things I can safely say we are discussing right now are AQ, Arenas, MODOK Labs, general downtime stuff - there's a lot that we're discussing in terms of impact and what we need to sort out for you all. Hopefully that clarifies a little bit?

I know you guys want this fixed as much as we do and fwiw knowing that you're considering the relevant cases rather than just the general inconvenience is meaningful.

I've got 30 grumpy guys working map 6 short-handed tonight so every little bit really does help :)

I snort-laughed at 'Kabob' and then it made me really hungry. Please send hugs to your grumpy dudes on my behalf. I'm sorry our game has made them grumpy, it's really not what we want. I think we've done that for a lot of people today, unfortunately. le sigh.
  • Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    GrumpyKat wrote: »

Yeah, I can understand that. I'm working to get you guys more clarity and info surrounding this specific thing,
    IronicFist wrote: »

I snort-laughed at 'Kabob' and then it made me really hungry. Please send hugs to your grumpy dudes on my behalf. I'm sorry our game has made them grumpy, it's really not what we want. I think we've done that for a lot of people today, unfortunately. le sigh.

Seems like you all have been less bland lately and i enjoy that, try to keep it up
  • fix This kabam!
  • I’ve been doing the 5* arena and out of no where loose connection causing me to loose my win streak,multiplier and points and I think this is happening with most of u not just me
  • ArEs_ArEs_ Posts: 10
    Can we please have act 5.4 released tomorrow? I rather it be an option to play it and if people don’t feel comfortable playing it until the servers are at “100%” then they don’t have to.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_
    Just wanted to update y’all and let you know I’m still having connectivity issues.