Battle Grounds

Cableguy8320Cableguy8320 Member Posts: 4
Why does match ups in battle grounds always end up not fair?

Comments

• HSS75HSS75 Member Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    because that's how it is, a lot of people those days have a good roster to the point it's rare to face someone really weak from you
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★
    Just curious as to what extent do you mean unfair and what tier are you at? Since we all start at the beginning, all accounts are set 0 progression, I have seen a lot of whale accounts that I have been matched against. Usually after the first week, the match up are more even. Still some big whale accounts but not as frequent.
  • Cableguy8320Cableguy8320 Member Posts: 4
    Let’s say all my champs are 15 to 13 k. And the opponents champs are 23 to 20 k. That’s not an even match up. Matches need to be more even
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    Because life isn't fair.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

Let’s say all my champs are 15 to 13 k. And the opponents champs are 23 to 20 k. That’s not an even match up. Matches need to be more even

Even doesn’t meant fair.
    It’s a competition, matches aren’t supposed and shouldn’t be strictly even, because then it wouldn’t be a competition.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Even doesn’t meant fair.
    It’s a competition, matches aren’t supposed and shouldn’t be strictly even, because then it wouldn’t be a competition.
    No, but as we've discussed at-length in the past, the competition shouldn't start out with vast differences either.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

Even doesn’t meant fair.
    No, but as we've discussed at-length in the past, the competition shouldn't start out with vast differences either.
    We have currently 9 VT tiers with Prestige matchmaking (Bronze3 -Gold1), meaning you can’t have vast roster differences at these tiers.
    So OP to have vast different roster match ups, should be at Platinum tiers, which most people agree it’s a good point for the competition to open.
    I’m not totally against Prestige matchmaking, I’ve supported the idea of it at earlier VT tiers to encourage participation, as it happens now.
    Only thing I would change if I was Kabam, would be gradually remove Prestige matchmaking from Gold1 to Platinum2 (Platinum1 full random), so people would gradually face stiffer competition, instead of suddenly removing it at Platinum3 and have people suddenly face much harder competition and naturally complaining for that.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

Even doesn’t meant fair.
    We have currently 9 VT tiers with Prestige matchmaking (Bronze3 -Gold1), meaning you can’t have vast roster differences at these tiers.
    So OP to have vast different roster match ups, should be at Platinum tiers, which most people agree it’s a good point for the competition to open.
    I’m not totally against Prestige matchmaking, I’ve supported the idea of it at earlier VT tiers to encourage participation, as it happens now.
    Only thing I would change if I was Kabam, would be gradually remove Prestige matchmaking from Gold1 to Platinum2 (Platinum1 full random), so people would gradually face stiffer competition, instead of suddenly removing it at Platinum3 and have people suddenly face much harder competition and naturally complaining for that.

It's not Prestige, but that's a different point. We don't know what Tier the OP is in. I've seen some strange things myself this Season. Perhaps I assumed the OP was in the lower Tiers. I would be interested in finding out their vicinity.