**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Server Outage Information - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Omni wrote: »
    Are we still on 30 mins timers this AQ?

yes =)
  • It lets me log in most of the time but the servers drop out on me like every 10 minutes. Is this happening to anyone else?
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    It lets me log in most of the time but the servers drop out on me like every 10 minutes. Is this happening to anyone else?

No it’s been fine all day since I got up at 7am and it’s now 9pm
  • ShadowNetShadowNet Posts: 95
    edited December 2017
    Can we get any kind of update about what's going on, or has kabam left the building early for christmas?

Are you still trying to fix some kind of issues?

Is that done and you're now looking into compensation?

Running office chair races?

Waiting for new server gerbils?

Even a post with just an "x" from someone with Kabam in their name would be apreciated so we know someone is still here lol
  • ShadowNet wrote: »
    Can we get any kind of update about what's going on, or has kabam left the building early for christmas? Are you still trying to fix some kind of issues? Is that done and you're now looking into compensation? Running office chair races? Waiting for new server gerbils?

We're still here! We're working on gathering information for you guys right now. Thank you for your guys patience while we work to get this all rectified. We know we haven't had any information to update you on since yesterday, but we can't give you guys news until we have some to share. As soon as we know more, we'll be sharing it with you guys!
  • ShukerShuker Posts: 42
    Is there gonna be another round for starloard cause this is literally a joke I don’t wanna grind this game out for it not to work properly and for that I didn’t get starloard, so I spent like 15+ hours grinding as much as I could cause of the stupid server maintenance, I’m actually really annoyed and I want some sort of compensation cause this is bloody pathetic
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    rof so did everyone elsel,its still called a cutoff for a reason
  • I've missed out on duping starlord because of the 16+ hours of emergency maintenance. Do we get compensated properly for all the things we missed out on
  • ShukerShuker Posts: 42
    Got him last arena like everyone else probably, I’m saying what’s happened has ruined everybody’s chance of getting him again the cut off wasn’t high, trying to score a high score when the game is only working 20% of the time is not really fair
  • NamronstrykerNamronstryker Posts: 25
    edited December 2017
    Release bases in the meantime so we have something to do please

[/quote]

I love this message lol though I’m happy to hear 5-4 is coming before bases
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Thanks Adora.
    Ryansapph wrote: »
    amazing how they went to take care of a small number on act 4 but still WAIT to tell us how they are compensate for all the downtime in arenas (now to late to redo them) aq that was lost, and events that were lost due to them. things that happened to ALL players.

Read the Update. They just commented on all that. Lol.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    amazing how they went to take care of a small number on act 4 but still WAIT to tell us how they are compensate for all the downtime in arenas (now to late to redo them) aq that was lost, and events that were lost due to them. things that happened to ALL players.

No, they commented on giving us the (detrimental) timers for the rest of AQ and a few other things but not much in the way of compensation.

• KillerBKillerB Posts: 14
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    We're seeing a lot of questions so far about compensation, currently running events, and these are all valid concerns. One thing from our announcement post that I do need to re-emphasize is that we don't have specific details on any of this yet, but the team is actively discussing ALL of it.

Our first focus is to resolve the issues and assess the full impact - an assessment we won't be able to do until things are stable again. But once they are, that is where our attention must turn to. We understand the frustration and appreciate the patience you're all affording us as we work to sort it all out. We'll continue to update you when more info becomes available.

edited December 2017

No, they commented on giving us the (detrimental) timers for the rest of AQ and a few other things but not much in the way of compensation.

They're running Timers for this AQ and next, as well as waving costs for AQ. They're allowing another day of grace for the Logins. They're rerunning the SL and Taskmaster Arenas next month. As for the Lab, Legends Runs, and a Compensation Package, they're still discussing it. Which means something will come but it's not locked in yet.
  • NovaStarNovaStar Posts: 53
    edited December 2017
    Since I found MCOC I saw raw untamed gaming and beyond that SERVER MAINTENANCE.
    MCOC WARS THE LAST CHAMPION
  • KillerBKillerB Posts: 14
    Im using an android as well as iphone for the contest and past couple days have had intermittent access issues!! Yesterday i literally couldnt log in at all - constantly got message saying problems connecting check your connection even though i was connected to internet and all other access was functional for my other online games and web access and then shortly after received a "contest is down for energency maintenance"

I understand and respect that online games encounter issues from time to time but for this week especially it has been truly troublesome but most importantly it caused me to miss a day in the 3 year anniversary week costing me a t4 class catalyst which lets face it are very rare even though they are rigged to always give you one you dont need lol but fact is we shouldnt be penalised for the game not functioning and being inaccessible.

Im suprised to see my ticket closed without being reimbursed for the missed t4 class catalyst crystal.

As a loyal and dedicated player for 3 years i would expect to have had this resolved immediately.. especially when ive not complained before anout inaccessibility up until now..

If im not reimbursed i think ill be moving on to an alternate online game - one that actually works and where my loyalty would be rewarded...
  • ShadowNetShadowNet Posts: 95
    edited December 2017
    KillerB wrote: »

Im suprised to see my ticket closed without being reimbursed for the missed t4 class catalyst crystal.

First of all, t4cc day hasn't even come yet, it's literally impossible for you to have missed something in the future. Second, if you bothered to actually read the announcement you would know that they are adding an extra grace day to that calendar. So unless you didn't log in for 2 days, at which point it's your own fault, you are still getting that t4cc.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    We're seeing a lot of questions so far about compensation, currently running events, and these are all valid concerns. One thing from our announcement post that I do need to re-emphasize is that we don't have specific details on any of this yet, but the team is actively discussing ALL of it.

Our first focus is to resolve the issues and assess the full impact - an assessment we won't be able to do until things are stable again. But once they are, that is where our attention must turn to. We understand the frustration and appreciate the patience you're all affording us as we work to sort it all out. We'll continue to update you when more info becomes available.

I just saw the post about the rerun of the arenas Jan 25th. My question is what about those in beginner and intermediate bracket? They will be in veterans or intermediate by then and it will be much harder to get the champs. Will everyone be put in the same bracket for that one as they were for the ones that were affected?

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Evangelionlovr that's a good point. Doubt they will deal with it.
  • JamesC1981JamesC1981 Posts: 17
    Look everyone, i'm not happy about the outages either, however all the sarcastic and rudeness to the people who run the game are not needed, they said they would get it fixed and THEN deal with the compensation, so LET THEM FIX THE ISSUE WITH THE GAME! they will get it fixed as the game pays their bills LET THEM WORK! when they have to read 200 posts about "what are ya'll going to do to make it right for us"...that's time reading posts that they could be spending dealing with the issue being told they don't care, that don't help them get the issue fixed it just discourages them. so again i say this, PLEASE LET THEM WORK and stop putting them down the sooner they get to work and fix the problem the sooner they will let us know what they are doing for us for the problem.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    JamesC1981 wrote: »
    Look everyone, i'm not happy about the outages either, however all the sarcastic and rudeness to the people who run the game are not needed, they said they would get it fixed and THEN deal with the compensation, so LET THEM FIX THE ISSUE WITH THE GAME! they will get it fixed as the game pays their bills LET THEM WORK! when they have to read 200 posts about "what are ya'll going to do to make it right for us"...that's time reading posts that they could be spending dealing with the issue being told they don't care, that don't help them get the issue fixed it just discourages them. so again i say this, PLEASE LET THEM WORK and stop putting them down the sooner they get to work and fix the problem the sooner they will let us know what they are doing for us for the problem.

That may be fine for some, but many of us have been heavily invested in time, effort, and money into the game. Down time causes detrimental effects to any major business or corporation. Customers aren't too happy about it in the real world or in the gaming world. If they bought revives and energy refills, they have a right to know their units/money has not gone to waste given the delay of 5.4. This is a valid concern.

Having said all that, I don't believe any of this to be a matter of deception where they offer items to help us through content and make the content release after the items expire, but people do have legitimate concerns of compensation if they do expire. The only thing kabam needs to do to put their customers at ease is be transparent about their intentions. Tell the customers they didn't waste their resources for items that will expire due to unstable server issues.
  • VashisthVashisth Posts: 11
    Are u going to extend 1 million event also?
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    @Vashisth that's a good point. We should get another one in January with the starlord and TM reruns
  • KillerB wrote: »
    Im using an android as well as iphone for the contest and past couple days have had intermittent access issues!! Yesterday i literally couldnt log in at all - constantly got message saying problems connecting check your connection even though i was connected to internet and all other access was functional for my other online games and web access and then shortly after received a "contest is down for energency maintenance"

I understand and respect that online games encounter issues from time to time but for this week especially it has been truly troublesome but most importantly it caused me to miss a day in the 3 year anniversary week costing me a t4 class catalyst which lets face it are very rare even though they are rigged to always give you one you dont need lol but fact is we shouldnt be penalised for the game not functioning and being inaccessible.

As a loyal and dedicated player for 3 years i would expect to have had this resolved immediately.. especially when ive not complained before anout inaccessibility up until now..

If im not reimbursed i think ill be moving on to an alternate online game - one that actually works and where my loyalty would be rewarded...

As interesting as I think it would be for you to peruse the landscape of online gaming, the latest announcement stated:
    Log-in Calendars

We will be adding an extra day of leeway to both the 3 Year Anniversary log-in calendar, as well as the December log-in calendar. This will help Summoners that may not have been able to log in to The Contest due to yesterday’s downtime, and ensure that you do not miss out on calendar rewards as a result.