Options

Should I focus on my 7*s or my 6*s

Now, I ask this question because I am always struggling to keep rank up materials and they go so fast, Im to the point to where I don’t know if I should focus on the really good 6*s I have, or the pretty good 7*s that I have.

These are my 7*’s.

And these are the 6*s that I want to work on, as well as a 6* Wolvie.
Is it time for me to move on from my 6*s and focus on my 7*s? I feel like getting all my 6*s ranked is going to take forever and I will never get to my 7*s…. Or should I just move on from 6*s and shift my focus.

Comments

• Options
    MandieLou827MandieLou827 Posts: 22
    edited August 2023

Don't look at it as 6* vs 7*, look at it collectively and work on ranking the top champ you want to rank up first then the next and so on. With BGs and glory store rankup resources are easily available.

Will be a long time before some champs are even available as a 7* (even then how long until you get them) and 6* are going to be relevant for a considerable amount of time with ascension.

Alright, I like that answer. It’s just gold is mainly what I struggle with and it goes so fast! By the time I get a 6*ranked to at least R4 I’m pulling another 6* that I want to rank. I’m getting backed up over here 😭
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,588 ★★★★★
    Can't tell you what to do but I won't be ranking any of the current 7* champs up as I just don't think they're useful enough, or rather, they're not nearly as useful as the top 6* champs. Then with ascension on the horizon, it's almost pointless ranking up a 7* unless is a beast of a defender (for example) or an OP attacker (which, imo there is currently none of).

Not sure if that helps at all 🤷‍♂️😂
  • Options
    LickyLicky Posts: 314 ★★
    Mackey said:

Can't tell you what to do but I won't be ranking any of the current 7* champs up as I just don't think they're useful enough, or rather, they're not nearly as useful as the top 6* champs. Then with ascension on the horizon, it's almost pointless ranking up a 7* unless is a beast of a defender (for example) or an OP attacker (which, imo there is currently none of).

Bro ever heard of Hulk or Mantis or Bishop lol
  • Options
    Licky said:

Mackey said:

Yeah of course ..... so you think they're better to rank up than a 6* Kitty/Kingpin/Scorpion?
  • Options
    But just to reiterate ..... I can't tell them what to do, only what I would do and that which I've said is my opinion
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,566 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

Ever heard of Overseer or Hulk OG?
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

Licky said:

Mackey said:

Yeah of course ..... so you think they're better to rank up than a 6* Kitty/Kingpin/Scorpion?
    yes.
    i have r2 hulk and he is a god damn damage machine broken stun locking monster.
    would rank him up over anybody
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 911 ★★★
    Wow! May I ask how much you spend to get 7* Kindred, 7* Dani and 6* Silk? That’s the kind of roster I want in a couple of years’ time.
    I supposed if you want to play the long game, you should only focus on 7* considered you have a few decent ones. You might be able to rank 3 them by the end of this year depends on how much you can spend at the year end event.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,818 ★★★★
    I m R1 maxing all my 7* and then continuing focus on 6* with more focus on those who may not have 7* in future or already. Though i still atleast R2 some champs who have a 7* or may have.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    boooooooo
  • Options
    Bulmkt said:

Mackey said:

I am perfectly aware of who is in the pool and again I will repeat, that is MY opinion ... the OP can choose to listen or not. It doesn't mean I'm right and nor does it mean I am wrong.

I'd r5 a 6* version of ibom/scorpion/spidey99 over any of the science champs that are in the 7* pool in a heartbeat as I find them more useful in an overall sense than either hulk or overseer. Hell, I'd even rank spiderham over them.

But isn't that the beauty of this game? We rank who we, individually, think is worthwhile ranking 🤘
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Mackey said:

Licky said:

Mackey said:

yes.
    And that's your choice to do so, I'm only giving another opinion on the matter, just like you have here. No need to challenge one another about it lol
  • Options
    Ghost_Fan said:

Is this another bragging post disguised as a 'I want help' post?

Tell me that you’re jealous without telling me that you’re jealous. If I was bragging my whole roster would be up here, keep hating though.
  • Options
    SammyDe said:

Wow! May I ask how much you spend to get 7* Kindred, 7* Dani and 6* Silk? That’s the kind of roster I want in a couple of years’ time.
    I supposed if you want to play the long game, you should only focus on 7* considered you have a few decent ones. You might be able to rank 3 them by the end of this year depends on how much you can spend at the year end event.

$40 on Dani’s crystal and $100 on Kindred which also pulled Silk. I got pretty lucky. Very undecided what I’m going to do with Kindred, hoping they raise his damage output a little. He’s a great defender though.
  • Options
    Appreciate the insight everyone, think I’ll keep focusing on the higher tier 6*s until I start getting better 7*s. Definitely going to take up dragonman at some point though!
  • Options
    VittoVitto Posts: 8
    Mackey said:

Bulmkt said:

Mackey said:

I am perfectly aware of who is in the pool and again I will repeat, that is MY opinion ... the OP can choose to listen or not. It doesn't mean I'm right and nor does it mean I am wrong.

I'd r5 a 6* version of ibom/scorpion/spidey99 over any of the science champs that are in the 7* pool in a heartbeat as I find them more useful in an overall sense than either hulk or overseer. Hell, I'd even rank spiderham over them.

But isn't that the beauty of this game? We rank who we, individually, think is worthwhile ranking 🤘
    Already r5 scorpion and spiderham with 6r2 antman relics, not on the same level with 7r2 og hulk
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Mackey said:

Maat1985 said:

Mackey said:

Licky said:

Mackey said:

yes.
    And that's your choice to do so, I'm only giving another opinion on the matter, just like you have here. No need to challenge one another about it lol
    bro....
    you literally asked a question.....
    you literally asked if someone thought they were better...
    Mackey said:

so you think they're better to rank up than a 6* Kitty/Kingpin/Scorpion?

i just answered the question that you literally asked.....

don't ask a question and then accuse me of challenging you when i provide an answer.
    SMH!
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,872 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Hmmm a lot of people , like the person I just quoted, are seemingly oblivious to the fact that the next progression title will most likely be tied to 7 stars over 6r5’s.

Surely that’s enough for all those advocating to strictly focus on 6 stars to change their views?

Not to mention , r5 gems are likely to be more common this year.

How do I know you ask?

Take a look at the odin from last year July 4 - it had what you would now consider to be rubbish rewards of t5cc selectors , a 6* class nexus , and some small amount of r4 mats. All of which are extremely common now. And r5 gems were in this years Odin.

Even if I'm wrong and history doesn’t repeat itself, im most likely right that the next progression title will be linked to 7 stars
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,467 ★★★★★
    “Look at my roster!!!!”
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Polygon said:

Mackey said:

Hmmm a lot of people , like the person I just quoted, are seemingly oblivious to the fact that the next progression title will most likely be tied to 7 stars over 6r5’s.

Surely that’s enough for all those advocating to strictly focus on 6 stars to change their views?

Not to mention , r5 gems are likely to be more common this year.

How do I know you ask?

Take a look at the odin from last year July 4 - it had what you would now consider to be rubbish rewards of t5cc selectors , a 6* class nexus , and some small amount of r4 mats. All of which are extremely common now. And r5 gems were in this years Odin.

Even if I'm wrong and history doesn’t repeat itself, im most likely right that the next progression title will be linked to 7 stars
    Well then you're assumption is incorrect, I'm aware that the next progression title will inevitably be contingent on having X amount of 7* r2 (or even possibly r3) but that don't concern me at this moment in time, use what you have for what you enjoy using, no sense in hoarding materials for a title that hasn't even been announced yet. The OP never even asked whether they should rank champs with the next title in mind, if he had have done then my answer MAY have been different, I know that for me, the next title isn't a priority, the materials will become more and more available the closer we get to that title so I'll be crossing that bridge when it comes to it
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 779 ★★★★
    7* first then broken 6*

Challenge rating will make ascended 6* feel weaker than the community seems to think IMO.
  • Options
    Icy000Icy000 Posts: 274 ★★
    focus on your 7*, 6* are going to be irrelevant in 3-4 months