**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Shang chi vs Bishop interaction

Dangerx17Dangerx17 Posts: 114 ★★
edited August 2023 in General Discussion

Here it states on Bishop that when the opponent purifies a debuff the opponent takes direct damage. Shang Chi's third combo MLM grants him cleanse

Why is it that I push Bishop to his sp2 only with shang chi which is very easy to do, while I have cleanse active, there's no debuffs bishop is putting on shang chi but for some reason when I heavy attack with shang chi with the cleanse active I take direct damage even though bishop didn't put a single debuff on shang chi?

Comments

• Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★
    That is weird. It seems like it is counting that your heavy removes bishop stun as a "purify". Does it work the same if you just parry stun and heavy or only with the combo stun?
  • Options
    edited August 2023

That is weird. It seems like it is counting that your heavy removes bishop stun as a "purify". Does it work the same if you just parry stun and heavy or only with the combo stun?

Just tested it and it's both parry stun and 5 hit combo stun that I take damage from still

It shouldn't count as bishops stun being purified either so that's def a bug
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 768 ★★★★
    This is a guess but it tracks with how Shang Chi works in the Bahamet fight also.

When you heavy to reset his abilities it counts as consuming the cleanse charges. It must be the way it’s coded that the heavy actually applies some debuffs that remove the charges behind the scene or somehow trigger the cleanse charges the same way a debuff does so it’s triggering effects that are tied to that.

So it seems like a bug to me.
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★

This is a guess but it tracks with how Shang Chi works in the Bahamet fight also.

When you heavy to reset his abilities it counts as consuming the cleanse charges. It must be the way it’s coded that the heavy actually applies some debuffs that remove the charges behind the scene or somehow trigger the cleanse charges the same way a debuff does so it’s triggering effects that are tied to that.

That makes sense with how they have coded things before. It also fits with how much damage was taken if it was counting several cleanses at once. Should be easy to test too. Do the heavy without the cleanse being active and see if you take damage then.
  • Options

That makes sense with how they have coded things before. It also fits with how much damage was taken if it was counting several cleanses at once. Should be easy to test too. Do the heavy without the cleanse being active and see if you take damage then.
    Nope only happens when the cleanse is active, regular parries and 5 hit combo without the cleanse doesn't take damage back