Options

Chapter 5 w/ R5 4*s

I manage to get through 5.3 using a lot of boosts and units. All the top players I've seen are using (x5) elite R4 5*s to get through this content (IM, AA, Dr V, GP, SL, Stark, Blade, ect..). I have played for over 2 years, and only have (x1) R4 5*, resources are so limited unless you are in a top alliance. It's really frustrating to see all this content come out that I can't attempt.

For the average player, is it honestly possible to 100% act 5 with only 4*s (w/out boosting and spending units)? Or was this content designed for an advanced level of player/spender?

Comments

• Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Yes it is easier
    I don't say that you don't need pots but i did everything till now with only 4* Even labyrinth
  • Options
    De36De36 Posts: 10
    I'm just feeling really discouraged with the new content. It feels like Kabam hit the "re-set button" on me after 2 years of playing. It took so long to get where I am at.
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Get in an alliance that does map 5 3 to 5 times a week. These are hardly "top" alliances but they do require some commitment.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,862 ★★★★
    De36 wrote: »
    I manage to get through 5.3 using a lot of boosts and units. All the top players I've seen are using (x5) elite R4 5*s to get through this content (IM, AA, Dr V, GP, SL, Stark, Blade, ect..). I have played for over 2 years, and only have (x1) R4 5*, resources are so limited unless you are in a top alliance. It's really frustrating to see all this content come out that I can't attempt.

For the average player, is it honestly possible to 100% act 5 with only 4*s (w/out boosting and spending units)? Or was this content designed for an advanced level of player/spender?

It was designed to be Act 5....if it was easily done by the majority of players with 4* teams it would be pointless. (and no, I do not have a team of rank 4 five stars....and no, I have not completed it either) It is something to build your roster towards, it is for high-end players. They need to create content with high difficulty, otherwise the release of 5.4 would of been no different then adding a extra monthly quest.

I tend to see the release of new content as extending the lifespan of the game for me. I see those great act 5 rewards as something to work towards. Yet, many players who are not ready for much of the difficult content put out (either due to their rosters/or fighting skills) tend to be impatient, and unless you spend a lot of cash...free to play games are not for impatient people.

The worst is when you see the "this is a money grab" posts. Don't get me wrong, if there is one thing we can all agree on is that Kabam loves money. They know they will profit from those who are not ready attempting to do the content. But many of those "money grab" posts are from players that assumed they could spend their way through content to get those great rewards, and they end up hitting a wall and finding out they were wrong.
  • Options
    Solswerd wrote: »
    ...They need to create content with high difficulty...

I tend to see the release of new content as extending the lifespan of the game for me. I see those great act 5 rewards as something to work towards.

...Many players...tend to be impatient, and unless you spend a lot of cash...free to play games are not for impatient people.

I agree, I love a challenge. But, things like unavoidable damage doesn't qualify as "high difficulty". That's an unimaginative game designer. It's very discouraging as a player.

Again I couldn't agree more, it's nice to see the game is staying alive.

I hardly think I'm being impatient after +2 years of play, and feel discouraged about my (lack of) progression.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    I did act 5.3 100% with mostly 4/40 champions since like you I only have 1 rank 4 5* and 5/50 4*s are weaker than 4/40s with the 50% attack reduction. Act 5.4 is actually a great challenge and completely doable with 4* champions with a diverse roster and skill
  • Options
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Get in an alliance that does map 5 3 to 5 times a week. These are hardly "top" alliances but they do require some commitment.

This is good advice.

We are an older alliance (dad's, 50+ hrs work weeks, etc..). Running 44333 is already a challenge due to the work day.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I need the last 2 quests for chapter 4 after using 4 stars but I have no resources left for now and planning to use quake for mephisto but think my hulk should finish ultron clone.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    If all your 4* champs are maxed, then I am pretty sure you can explore the entire Act 5. That being said, it will be extremely difficult since you don't have even one 5* R4. Be prepared to use potions and boosts if you want to pull it off.

It's better to try and explore all chapters and Acts before Act 5 Chapter 4 to get the catalysts you need to rank some desirable champions. If need be, you can always do an initial clear of Chapter 4 to get a boat load of rewards as well. Also, don't need to hurry, as Act 5 is here forever, so take your time to complete and explore it. Best of luck to you
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,862 ★★★★
    De36 wrote: »
    Solswerd wrote: »
    ...They need to create content with high difficulty...

I tend to see the release of new content as extending the lifespan of the game for me. I see those great act 5 rewards as something to work towards.

...Many players...tend to be impatient, and unless you spend a lot of cash...free to play games are not for impatient people.

I agree, I love a challenge. But, things like unavoidable damage doesn't qualify as "high difficulty". That's an unimaginative game designer. It's very discouraging as a player.

Again I couldn't agree more, it's nice to see the game is staying alive.

I hardly think I'm being impatient after +2 years of play, and feel discouraged about my (lack of) progression.

I am 1 month short of being a 3 year player myself, but I do consider it impatience when someone is complaining about not being able to complete content that has been available for less than a week.

I would LOVE to have a team of rank 4 five star champs, and look forward to the day that I do. If you are in that trap of comparing yourself to what players in the higher level alliances have....that path will only lead to insanity..lol.

Don't get me wrong, if you have already 100%ed 5.1 thru 5.3 and finished ROL and RttL and only have 5.4 and LoL left to do...I can appreciate you being frustrated.