After August update game is cap to 30fps only

pikapika Member Posts: 74
After today's patch game feels so bad, choppy, slow, basically bad to play. Regardless of the phone now game is cap to 30fps only, unlike previously half of your phone refresh rate.
June update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgB0vooMSLk&ab_channel=pikapika3

This is the new update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAQneeDsbWU&ab_channel=pikapika3

Please fix it asap, its really bad..like really.

Comments

• KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★
    I 1000% agree with @pika
  • Toth64Toth64 Member Posts: 1
    Même soucis ici
  • EnotsterEnotster Member Posts: 4
    Same problem
  • JounaaPeeJounaaPee Member Posts: 21
    Just a normal Kabam Update
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    Isn't the game hard capped at 30 fps?
  • pikapika Member Posts: 74
    edited August 2023
    It is a cap to 30 if you are playing on IOS or a phone that has a 60hz only display, others could run the game for half of their refresh rate. 120hz > 60fps
    But this update locks it to 30 for many now regardless of the refresh rate.
    I bought a new phone recently and was enjoying the high frame rates + smoothness on Menusmaps, but now its so choppy and feel like paying a premium for an S bike, that can run 45km/h, but is forced with a limit at 25km/h by the government.
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    pika said:

It is a cap to 30 if you are playing on IOS or a phone that has a 60hz only display, others could run the game for half of their refresh rate. 120hz > 60fps
    I bought a new phone recently and was enjoying the high frame rates + smoothness on Menusmaps, but now its so choppy and feel like paying a premium for an S bike, that can run 45km/h, but is forced with a limit at 25km/h by the government.

I just checked on mine device (S21 Ultra), 30 FPS but no issue as in your video.
    Funny that is how you are limited here in Sweden, ex your kick scooter is not allowed to go faster then 20km/h when it it can go let's say 30km/h do so and you get a fine.. Lucky for us Kabam can't fine us for sometimes getting higher FPS then capped :D haha
  • DeNeDieDeNeDie Member Posts: 46
    Same for me.. it's really hurt my eyes..
    Device: Xiaomi Poco F3, 120 Hz
  • EnotsterEnotster Member Posts: 4
    Gogi said:

pika said:

I just checked on mine device (S21 Ultra), 30 FPS but no issue as in your video.
    Funny that is how you are limited here in Sweden, ex your kick scooter is not allowed to go faster then 20km/h when it it can go let's say 30km/h do so and you get a fine.. Lucky for us Kabam can't fine us for sometimes getting higher FPS then capped :D haha
    Samsung devices are not affected by this, we have already checked. Most likely they have their own separate optimization.
  • OpxOpx Member Posts: 136
    Same problem
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    pika said:

This is incorrect. The game has always been capped at 30fps for most parts of the game. I have a Pixel 6 Pro and have a FSP counter on it. When in menus like in your first video, I get varying FSP rates. I think Kabam Zero explain the UI as being layers of windows that overlap each other which is why you see different FPS. You should show fights not the menus.
  • DemianScreamDemianScream Member Posts: 3
    @Kabam Miike This problem is being annoying for many used to playing on a high gamer device, the game ran perfectly on a snapdragon 8 gen processor and now it looks like on a low processor. Support this.
  • CyberstarCyberstar Member Posts: 2
    I just thought my phone got some major problems with the refresh rate, but maybe due to the game optimisation, hope kabam will fix this asap
  • SolomonCZSolomonCZ Member Posts: 6

This is incorrect. The game has always been capped at 30fps for most parts of the game. I have a Pixel 6 Pro and have a FSP counter on it. When in menus like in your first video, I get varying FSP rates. I think Kabam Zero explain the UI as being layers of windows that overlap each other which is why you see different FPS. You should show fights not the menus.

Not true, I have a Pixel 7 pro and when running at 120hz, the game was running smoothly at 60fps for me (in fights), sometimes even more in the menus. When switching to 60hz the game would drop to 30fps, but after the last update I get 30fps all the time no matter the device refresh rate. It's almost unplayable for me atm.

• SolomonCZSolomonCZ Member Posts: 6
    Please @Kabam Miike any update on this?
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Member Posts: 150 ★★
    😪😴
  • ZuuuZuuu Member Posts: 4
    There is no update about the issue after a month, the same awful 30fps with the new patch. How hard is it to revert changes for graphics same as 2 months ago.
  • ImpalerImpaler Member Posts: 28
    Zuuu said:

There is no update about the issue after a month, the same awful 30fps with the new patch. How hard is it to revert changes for graphics same as 2 months ago.

They're just letting it go and force you to get your units stash to be used with revives 👌