**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

SERIOUS input issues

Kabam what is your progress on fixing the input issue currently? Don’t just keeping silence and close any thread about it! It’s time to give an conclusion about it whether can you fix it or not!
The input or AI issues whatever you addressed in your previous thread is RIDICULOUS now! Anytime we try to punish special we can 70% can be parried by AI which should never happened. This problem spreads to every content especially in BG and AW!
We deserve an answer now!

Comments

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    e_mac said:

Input issues will never be fixed, because they're intended and they're making money off it with potions and revives. Over 2 years for it to be fixed? Come on, you have to be really innocent at this point to believe it's a bug or a technical issue.
    The less they speak about it or give any satisfaction it becomes more and more obvious that it's on purpose.
    The past week there hasn't been one single fight in which my inputs haven't failed in some way. I am not kidding, 100% of the fights have had input issues.
    People think it can't be on purpose, that it hurts the company, only it doesn't, because I doubt many people have quit for good over the issue. It's been 2 years and majority of us is still playing.

It is impossible to get that kind of precise input on a mobile smartphone game. I'm amazed at how good it is tbh.
  • Options
    e_mace_mac Posts: 102
    @HungaryHippo
    If it is impossible, how come we didn't have those issues before and it worked as intended? If you're amazed with how it is now I can only imagine how would you feel about the way it was before. You'd probably think it was the work of an advanced alien civilization.
  • Options
    e_mac said:

@HungaryHippo
    If it is impossible, how come we didn't have those issues before and it worked as intended? If you're amazed with how it is now I can only imagine how would you feel about the way it was before. You'd probably think it was the work of an advanced alien civilization.

Always been there. You can look back and input issues have always been an issue. It's why I switched from Android to iOS years ago. New issues are likely frame drops as the champs get fancier.
  • Options
    @HungaryHippo
    I've been playing since early 2016, on Android, and only started experiencing this on 2020. If it had been like this it would never got me hooked. Who wants to play a skill based game in which you have no control (literally) over your skills? Maybe you need to raise your standards my friend. Unless mediocrity works for you.
  • Options
    e_mac said:

@HungaryHippo
    I've been playing since early 2016, on Android, and only started experiencing this on 2020. If it had been like this it would never got me hooked. Who wants to play a skill based game in which you have no control (literally) over your skills? Maybe you need to raise your standards my friend. Unless mediocrity works for you.

Like I said, this game is why I haven’t opened an Android phone since 2016.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    Funny how input issues only seem to happen to less skilled players.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Input issues are associated with taps not getting registered as taps, or swipes not swiping.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★

• Options

Input issues are associated with taps not getting registered as taps, or swipes not swiping.

The type of thing a mediocre just above average player would say.
  • Options
    Hey @Eb0ny-O-M4w, the previous post was misquoted. I just noticed I quoted your post when I was supposed to quote laserjohn26's right above yours. Didn't even make sense. My bad. Sorry about that.

• Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    e_mac said:

@HungaryHippo

So for 3 years you have been playing a skill based game with which you have no control over your skills. Guess you answered your own question. You are the one that wants to do it.
  • Options
    @Hort4
    Maybe the concept of liking something is too far fetched to you. Actually if you can read, my original post specifically said that we're still here regardless of the issues.

What I mean is if the issues were here since the beginning (as the other guy said) and people couldn't rely exclusively on their skills to progress, many most certainly would never have gotten hooked in the first place (Specially FTP).

Another thing is if the issues were here since the beginning, NO ONE would ever be able to complete challenging modes without spending itens. I mean by 2017 the highest PI in the game was what? 17, 18k?
    If inputs didn't work properly then, a couple of input drops in some challenging fights would pretty much kill you. And you'd be forced to use itens. But people completed challenging content itenless all the time.

Besides the fact that I'm still here, the issues have certainly taken a toll. Before the issues started I NEVER missed a day of logging in, I explored every single EQ difficulty available to my progression and SQ and I was eager to push progression.

These days I can hardly explore one difficulty, don't feel motivated to push progression and have missed sooo many login days, because i know that no matter how good I may be or try to be, my champ won't block when I press block or it's gonna suddenly stop mid combo and I'm gonna take hits I wouldn't take if inputs were working correctly. So why bother, really? You can only get so much frustration. Better just grind as a pastime whenever you're bored.

My original point was not a demand for the "issues" to be fixed, because I've come to realize that at this point they're intentional and they will never be fixed.
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    KABAM is SERIOUS about keeping the BS AI the way it is. From their point of view it's functioning as intended..... :|
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

Snarky and unhelpful comment—input issues aren’t totally fabricated nor are they skill dependent. True, some players who don’t understand interactions interpret unexpected outcomes as input issues. However, there continue to be legitimate documented instances of stutter, lag, non-nodal reverse inputs and input failure.

You frequent the forums and occasionally offer constructive comments. Some of the same issues that present as striker whiffing are potentially behind the input and lag issues players have been bringing up in threads for months.

Dr. Zola