Which Tech Champion should I focus on?

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
I've pulled some good new 6* Tech Champions recently and would really appreciate some guidance of who will be able to help me the most. I'm working through Act 7 to try and get Paragon, I do AW sparingly and low effort, and Battlegrounds irregularly but would like to do better there.

I currently have Nimrod, Peni Parker, and Hulkbuster at Rank 3, and Nebula at Rank 2.

I have 1 or 2 Generic Awakening Gems, but not a lot of sig stones so max-sig is pretty well out of the question for a while.

Which Tech Champion should I focus on? 104 votes

OG Iron Man (Sig 60)
8%
AdvMoosetiptronicPikolupeixemacacoUltragamerLickycoolspiderman17_SagaChampionflapjax 9 votes
Warlock
67%
Il_CuocobuffajrSIlverProfessorWakandas_FinestManup456BENJI830phillgreenbm3eppsBosleyevilKINGwilsonhydrogohardrcm2017IamnikedzikidzikJustcause102IvarTheBonelessJimmyBXreissAyden_noah1HungaryHippo 70 votes
Ultron (Sig 20)
9%
bhuv9191CropDusterGodzRayven5220ZuroThanos77GogiSparty6SkyfawUnOriginal 10 votes
Iron Doom
14%
SecondSkrillerBluestoneMaxGamingIamFlashJLAdarshClashesFrostGiantLordTrongNovAnsh_AMiniMFEmeraldflash225sakaihi_im_sirwheayoba9AlphaNeymar10Mohammad07 15 votes

Comments

• bhuv9191bhuv9191 Member Posts: 275 ★★
    edited September 2023
    Ultron (Sig 20)
    Ultron!!
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 771 ★★★★
    Warlock
    bhuv9191 said:

Ultron!!

Easy Choice..

1.) Bleed and Poison Immune
    2.) Regenerate at 50% & 25% and recover almost 18% health back
    3.) Degenerate MUTANTS - very easy to kill bishop / wolverine/Kitty
    4.) Stun at L1 and rotate easily
    5.) PowerDrain with SP3 - MOST Needed
    6.) auto-evade (Most used by our AQ in Map 5 against Scorpion SP1 atttack)
    7.) Evade helps a TON!!
    8.) Synergies with Hukbuster / kingpin makes him god.
    9.) He's energey immune (Means, he gets auto-renegeate if he gets energy attacks) - so solid against whoever champs dong energy attacks!!
    10.) his attacks make BLEED, which helps in many quests. Example: Playng against electro boss, he'll make him bleed to death and regenrate back at 50% health to back to 75%....

He not actually energy immune. He heals back a portion of energy damage based on sig, and even at high sig he will still take about a third of the damage
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★

bhuv9191 said:

Ultron!!

Easy Choice..

7.) Evade helps a TON!!
    9.) He's energey immune (Means, he gets auto-renegeate if he gets energy attacks) - so solid against whoever champs dong energy attacks!!
    10.) his attacks make BLEED, which helps in many quests. Example: Playng against electro boss, he'll make him bleed to death and regenrate back at 50% health to back to 75%....

He not actually energy immune. He heals back a portion of energy damage based on sig, and even at high sig he will still take about a third of the damage
    No, he takes a lot less damage than that; at least for Incinerate/Shock.

He regenerates 65% of the damage taken, leaving 35%.

However, he first reduces the duration of the Incinerate/Shock by up to 80%, leaving 20%.

So he takes 35% of damage for 20% of the duration
    = 0.35x0.2
    =0.07

That's 7% of the original damage, for Incinerate/Shock (as long as no-one messes with his regeneration).
    Being immune to Poison/Bleed, that pretty much covers all Hazard shift options.

Freezer burn will slow him down a bit, as he won't reduce the Coldsnap duration. So he'll suffer 35% damage from Coldsnap.
    Warlock

bhuv9191 said:

Ultron!!

Easy Choice..

7.) Evade helps a TON!!

No, he takes a lot less damage than that; at least for Incinerate/Shock.

He regenerates 65% of the damage taken, leaving 35%.

However, he first reduces the duration of the Incinerate/Shock by up to 80%, leaving 20%.

So he takes 35% of damage for 20% of the duration
    = 0.35x0.2
    =0.07

That's 7% of the original damage, for Incinerate/Shock (as long as no-one messes with his regeneration).
    Being immune to Poison/Bleed, that pretty much covers all Hazard shift options.

Freezer burn will slow him down a bit, as he won't reduce the Coldsnap duration. So he'll suffer 35% damage from Coldsnap.
    True, but incinerate/shock is a subset of possible energy damage; you can't just say he is energy immune when he still takes 35% damage from non-incinerate/shock damage sources
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★

Definitely IDoom. He's basically Doom but tech. His prestige is also insane

What's your iDoom rotation?
    I've tried some of the YT guides, and am still pretty underwhelmed by him.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Warlock

I have both of these as 6* R5 Sig200, & I can safely say that IDoom is nowhere close to Doom
    At best he is like 50-60% of what Doom is, & I believe even these numbers can be considered generous
    I wouldn't have ranked him up if not for his prestige
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Warlock

Did you really recommend him to a new guy because of prestige??
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    Warlock
    Warlock is versatile and Ultron is awesome as well. You can’t go wrong with either. Probably wait and see regarding iron man and I am not really sold on iDoom still.
    I have Nimrod and Warlock at rank 4. IDoom, Guardian, Ghost and Peni at rank 3. Warlock and Nimrod get used way more than the others in the TB EQ.
    IDoom is great counter for Bishop if you are not confident against him… although most of the older summoners had plenty of practice with EOP Bishop to dex his sp2.
    Warlock
    Warlock and Ultron have a lot of overlapping utility; you can't go wrong with either.

I'm personally not a fan of Idoom or ironman. There are champs that are easier that can get the job done and that I find more fun to use
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,276 ★★★★
    OG Iron Man (Sig 60)
    bhuv9191 said:

Ultron!!

Easy Choice..

7.) Evade helps a TON!!

Thanks. I was confused on which champ to upgrade next.

Now , it's the Age of Ultron!
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Member Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    Iron Doom
    Taskmaster
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    I won't recommend Ultron
    He is good, but he doesn't bring as much value to a developing roster as a Warlock will
    Ur next choice after Warlock should be IronMan
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,099 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Can I actually vote for your Nebula. She's a beast with her triple immunities, locks down robots and more (and if you slap on the hulkbuster relic).
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★

Can I actually vote for your Nebula. She's a beast with her triple immunities, locks down robots and more (and if you slap on the hulkbuster relic).

Probably another champ in my roster that I'm sleeping on (see my other thread :smile: )
  • SkyfawSkyfaw Member Posts: 198 ★★
    Ultron (Sig 20)
    Since you’re going thru act 7 Ultron makes the most sense, GREAT counter for the Kang bosses makes it a breeze. He would help you reach paragon the quickest and keep in mind that warlock is a 7* don’t know how much you want to invest in him. Especially if you land him 6 months from now you never know.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Skyfaw said:

Since you’re going thru act 7 Ultron makes the most sense, GREAT counter for the Kang bosses makes it a breeze. He would help you reach paragon the quickest and keep in mind that warlock is a 7* don’t know how much you want to invest in him. Especially if you land him 6 months from now you never know.

Yeah that's a good point, although I was under the impression that Ultron was only good for Kang if he was at or near max sig?

As for 7* Warlock - maybe it will change but I'm gaining 7* changes agonisingly slowly so I'm not too worried about that.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★

Skyfaw said:

Yeah that's a good point, although I was under the impression that Ultron was only good for Kang if he was at or near max sig?
    I found my Ultron pretty solid against Kang even when he was an Unawakened r2...

I note that you've got Hulkbuster at r3 - they do different things (so having them both on a team doesn't feel a waste) and the Meteor synergy can make Ultron pretty insane.
    Use the two of them, and throw Ultron's SP2 after he's Heavy-stacked some debuffs for some impressive damage.