Share your thoughts on updated Viv Vision

SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 522 ★★★
Just took her for a spin against the old punching bag and compared her to before.

Most significant differences I noticed are her sp2 burst dealing about 20k more damage and you can get in one extra sp1 into the chain while the vulnerability is on if you stall a bit to get 1 solar energy back. So that’s maybe another 20k. Maybe I’m missing some more crucial stuff, but besides that and her being a domino counter now I didn’t notice anything else. Is there a difference? Yes. Was I expecting a little more? Unfortunately also yes.

Comments

• jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,379 ★★★★

I have an r5 s200 ascendid viv. I have used her extensively in every gamemode, and can confidently say this buff delivered exactly what she needed.

Viv is intended to only be brought to fights that she can close out in one loop. That's why they didn't make it so that her armors come back faster- that would be changing the intended function of the champion. As it is, my viv can comfortably do 600k hp in a single cycle without any boosts from nodes or class advantage (thats 600k in 45 seconds).

This buff instead leaned even heavier into her glass cannon, one and done playstyle by making it more widely applicable. She was already very versatile in the defenders she could take with all the initial utility in her kit, but got slowed down by debuff shrugging and aar. By making her energy vulnerabilities passive, her damage ceiling is no longer considerably lower against popular defenders like kingpin and zemo, or any debuff purifying node. Plus, being a full domino counter is huge, as (in my experience) that was one of my most common viv matchups in bgs.

This buff made a very, very powerful nuke into a considerably more versatile nuke. It made her much better at doing what she was meant to do, and didn't sacrifice the original intention of the champion. If you want her armor ups to come back faster, just rank her up and you wont need them to come back at all.

What’s her ideal rotation? Mines still r1, but I’ve duped her 4 times already, and have enough sig stones to max her and r4 her. Just curious if I’m missing out. Otherwise, Knull will probably get the resources.
  • SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 522 ★★★

What’s her ideal rotation? Mines still r1, but I’ve duped her 4 times already, and have enough sig stones to max her and r4 her. Just curious if I’m missing out. Otherwise, Knull will probably get the resources.

Her rotation is getting to nearly 3 bars by doing 5 hit combos in order to build up her dormant energy vulnerability. Then do special 2, ideally getting all her prompts right for the extra damage. Build up to a bit over a bar and when the opponent is preferably below 1 bar launch sp1 which is now unblockable, because the opponent has under 1 bar. Now just spam sp1 until all her charges are gone.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,353 ★★★★

I have an r5 s200 ascendid viv. I have used her extensively in every gamemode, and can confidently say this buff delivered exactly what she needed.

Viv is intended to only be brought to fights that she can close out in one loop. That's why they didn't make it so that her armors come back faster- that would be changing the intended function of the champion. As it is, my viv can comfortably do 600k hp in a single cycle without any boosts from nodes or class advantage (thats 600k in 45 seconds).

This buff instead leaned even heavier into her glass cannon, one and done playstyle by making it more widely applicable. She was already very versatile in the defenders she could take with all the initial utility in her kit, but got slowed down by debuff shrugging and aar. By making her energy vulnerabilities passive, her damage ceiling is no longer considerably lower against popular defenders like kingpin and zemo, or any debuff purifying node. Plus, being a full domino counter is huge, as (in my experience) that was one of my most common viv matchups in bgs.

This buff made a very, very powerful nuke into a considerably more versatile nuke. It made her much better at doing what she was meant to do, and didn't sacrifice the original intention of the champion. If you want her armor ups to come back faster, just rank her up and you wont need them to come back at all.

You can take her in fights that have larger hp and need more than a normal rotation just fine best way to help with this, instead of sp2 triple sp1 go sp3 first. Get that big fury then go sp2 triple/quad sp1. Her reachnis extended a lot.

Her only downside is her fragility
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,010 ★★★
    Axew said:

My only issue is didn’t address the fact that her armor ups take forever to replenish after use

It's not really an issue as much as a design choice though? it definitely takes a while to build back up to a second rotation but the first burst period is so insanely strong and she's primarily designed for battlegrounds/eq level health pools, it's kind of the trade off for having such a strong and quick burst period right at the start of the fight.

the closest equivalent is probably corvus who is essentially useless after the first 40 seconds of a fight except viv can still do a lot more than him and recover a lot quicker after that period. the buff is exactly what was promised in that it took the core idea of the characters design and made it more effective, not getting rid of all of the counter balancing to her insane damage and utility
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,080 ★★★★
    @Rockyshocky do you mind posting some gameplay videos? Trying to figure out whether to invest in her.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,388 ★★★★★

@Rockyshocky do you mind posting some gameplay videos? Trying to figure out whether to invest in her.

The YTer Simula has this covered.
  • MarvelSPMAN14MarvelSPMAN14 Member Posts: 174 ★★
    Didn’t even know she got updated
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,609 ★★★★
    good - Her buff is ready. time to test her out.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★
    Can someone tell me where they discussed what updates they were making to her?? I can't find the post for the life of me
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★
    Also is she the only one getting a buff this month??
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,481 ★★★★★

Can someone tell me where they discussed what updates they were making to her?? I can't find the post for the life of me

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/341360/balance-update-kate-bishop-and-viv-vision
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    I don't have an awakened or high sig Viv so I'm not sure if she's good or not when she's awakened or high sig but I can tell you she's pretty useless unawakened at least.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

The exact changes point to point aren't available . Might have to rely outside
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,609 ★★★★
    Did some testing. Maybe her SP2 is a little better? Other than that I can’t see the difference between pre buff and buff.

What am I missing
    (I have a R4 sig 40 6-star)
  • SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 522 ★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Did some testing. Maybe her SP2 is a little better? Other than that I can’t see the difference between pre buff and buff.

What am I missing
    (I have a R4 sig 40 6-star)

Her sp2 burst is definitely better. Her energy vulnerability being passives now is huge as well. She can take so many more fights more reliable now if needed. Korg, Zemo, Kingpin and just debuff immune matchups in general. The thing about her is that you do want her at max sig, though. Only then can you chain your max amount of sp1s. It’s also nice just to have another domino counter now.

• KLZKLZ Member Posts: 225 ★★
    Just got a 6* Viv, does she need awakening, and/ or higs sigs?
    What content is she good for?
  • AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    KLZ said:

Just got a 6* Viv, does she need awakening, and/ or higs sigs?
    What content is she good for?

She’s good for BG level health pools since she can output a high amount of damage in a short burst. she isn’t amazing for longer fights since you have to wait for her armor ups to come back in order to do damage with the SP1 loop.

If you’re looking to use her in BGs, her awakening and high sig is important since it boosts her damage significantly and allows her to take down fights faster.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,805 ★★★★★

The spotlight has been updated:
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/champion-spotlight-viv-vision/

I can see the spotlight shows that her damage burst on SP2 has substantially increased, and the debuffs are now passives. I'm not sure if there are any other tweaks.
  • AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★

The spotlight has been updated:
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/champion-spotlight-viv-vision/

I can see the spotlight shows that her damage burst on SP2 has substantially increased, and the debuffs are now passives. I'm not sure if there are any other tweaks.
    She’s also immune to stun while phasing now.
    unfortunately still did not fix her sp2
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,886 ★★★★★
    Max sig R4 for me—big question is whether prefights now work correctly?

Dr. Zola
  • VlajkoKVlajkoK Member Posts: 80
    edited October 2023
    The prefights are still bugged, will someone from Kabam ever respond to this?
    edited October 2023
    Maat1985 said:

unfortunately still did not fix her sp2

lmao. love how someone disagrees to this.
    lol.
    her sp2 is supposed to slow time, however the first sp2 does not work properly.
    iff you tap for the first hit the whole sp2 is normal speed.
    if you ignore the first hit the second and on are slow mo.
    it just makes it hard to get the timing perfect muscle memory when it is not 100% consistent.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    My only complaint with the buff is that they didn’t acknowledge Viv’s extremely low base stats. Lowest block, lowest hp, low crit rate, etc.