**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7* CAIW science synergy broken?

TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
I have tried my 7* CAIW w/ Hulk synergy for a 50% passive weakness on the opponent when attacking with a science champion, but the passive weakness is not applying at all.

This is happening in story mode so far.

I run an iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 17.0.3

Comments

• Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Is it not applying at all or you think it’s not working? The wording of the synergy is very weird and not 100% clear.
  • Options

Is it not applying at all or you think it’s not working? The wording of the synergy is very weird and not 100% clear.

There is no weakness passive icon that appears. I have not looked at the actual damage received.
  • Options
    I just tested the following:

7* CAIW w/ Hulk Synergy in ROL v Winter Soldier - no weakness passive applied when fighting with hulk, or CAIW. Damage appeared to be unaffected by removing one member of the team.

6* CAIW w/ Hulk Synergy in ROL v Winter Solider - no weakness passive applied when fighting with hulk, or CAIW. Damage appeared to be unaffected by removing one member of the team. Weakness DEBUFFS did apply, but that is CAIW signature ability w science.

Unless I'm missing something here, seems like the weakness passive is not applying at all.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,737 ★★★★★
    I've always been confused by that synergy as it never worked to my knowledge at least
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★
    If I recall correctly the weakness is only supposed to take effect when they are not hitting you. So like it should decrease the damage from Void's debuff punishment, but doesn't have any affect if you take hits. I know there was one build early on where it was working but had no icon, but I thought it had been fixed.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

I just tested the following:

7* CAIW w/ Hulk Synergy in ROL v Winter Soldier - no weakness passive applied when fighting with hulk, or CAIW. Damage appeared to be unaffected by removing one member of the team.

6* CAIW w/ Hulk Synergy in ROL v Winter Solider - no weakness passive applied when fighting with hulk, or CAIW. Damage appeared to be unaffected by removing one member of the team. Weakness DEBUFFS did apply, but that is CAIW signature ability w science.

Unless I'm missing something here, seems like the weakness passive is not applying at all.

Are you talking about the synergy? If so then where you attacking winter soldier or getting hit by him or are you talking about his bleed damage? The way it’s worded, it seems they only have a passive weakness except while being struck by them. I interpret this in 2 ways-when you block their attacks, they get passive weakness or if the have Dot effects, they have weakness when not striking you(I feel this is not the case). In all likelihood it’s just weakness when you block the attack.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★
    And it’s a useless synergy if I may add.
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 741 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    Isn’t only during specials or something?
  • Options
    Repto23 said:

Isn’t only during specials or something?

You may be thinking about the weakness debuff you apply from his signature ability. I am referring to the "weakness passive" from his synergy with hulk, ghulk, or og cap
  • Options

If I recall correctly the weakness is only supposed to take effect when they are not hitting you. So like it should decrease the damage from Void's debuff punishment, but doesn't have any affect if you take hits. I know there was one build early on where it was working but had no icon, but I thought it had been fixed.

i'll have to test it out against someone that applies a dot and see if the damage is reduced from the synergy. I seem to recall that there was a red icon that would show up to signify it was active.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

And it’s a useless synergy if I may add.

Not if you're fighting someone like Void, Iceman, Omega Red, Immortal Abomination, Awakened Mr Negative or Air Walker. They all cause Damage without hitting you: that's what the synergy is for.

The same goes for champions or nodes that inflict some version of Power Sting.

It can also be helpful against nodes that cause you to suffer damage that's a proportion of the opponents attack rating.

I'm not saying it's what I'd rely on for those fights; but it's definitely got uses.