Options

Confused about new side quests

I am so confused about new side quests how do you play it?

like you get 1 star symbiote right? then play knull’s quest with them? But I can level up or anything ??

Comments

• Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 727 ★★★
    Do the Knull event to get the catalysts to level up your 1* Symbiote then use your Symbiote to do the Sugar Crash events. Don't forget to use the Symbiote boosts in the Sugar Crash events, it'll make the quest easier.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★

I am so confused about new side quests how do you play it?

like you get 1 star symbiote right? then play knull’s quest with them? But I can level up or anything ??

You fully explore the Knull's Void quest to get all the catalysts needed to fully rank up your Steve.

Once he's ranked up, you run the Sugar Crash quests to get candy to spend in the candy store. There will be a new Sugar Crash map released each week with 4 paths. The boosts you find are intended (and necessary) to help you finish Sugar Crash.
  • Options
    strangermikastrangermika Posts: 29
    But is it possible??
    Because that 1 star symbiote is so weak and there are many fights you have do in that quest
    obsidiman said:

Do the Knull event to get the catalysts to level up your 1* Symbiote then use your Symbiote to do the Sugar Crash events. Don't forget to use the Symbiote boosts in the Sugar Crash events, it'll make the quest easier.

• Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

But is it possible??
    Because that 1 star symbiote is so weak and there are many fights you have do in that quest

obsidiman said:

Very possible if you are using his persistent charges in the knulls void quest
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

But is it possible??

obsidiman said:

The 1* symbiote will be pretty much equivalent to a R4 5* (or higher even honestly) at max upgrade. Its a very capable little goo
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,062 ★★★★
    You build him up over time, using the Klyntar catalysts you get from the various paths.

It's built in such a way that you can take the easiest path, then rank up, then the next hardest path, then rank up, then the next next hardest path, then rank up, then take the most difficult path.

BUT if you're struggling or simply don't want to do that, you can continue to run the easiest paths time and time again until you have the catalysts to fully rank him up. You will miss out on the full exploration rewards though (which for me i said screw it cause it's 4,000 of those special event shards - which for most people means two 3* champs, and a title)

Once you've fully ranked him - the two easiest paths of each sugar rush week should be ZERO problem. Like. Zero.

The other paths will be more difficult and will encourage (read: require) you to use the boots you've gotten from the calendar rewards and such. You will want to essentially do 100% because if you can that will give you the max amount of rewards plus the max amount of rewards for every progression below you.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 727 ★★★

But is it possible??

obsidiman said:

Start with the easier paths, get the catalysts to upgrade your Symbiote, rank up your Symbiote, go back and do the more difficult paths to get more catalysts. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 264 ★★

You build him up over time, using the Klyntar catalysts you get from the various paths.

It's built in such a way that you can take the easiest path, then rank up, then the next hardest path, then rank up, then the next next hardest path, then rank up, then take the most difficult path.

BUT if you're struggling or simply don't want to do that, you can continue to run the easiest paths time and time again until you have the catalysts to fully rank him up. You will miss out on the full exploration rewards though (which for me i said screw it cause it's 4,000 of those special event shards - which for most people means two 3* champs, and a title)

Once you've fully ranked him - the two easiest paths of each sugar rush week should be ZERO problem. Like. Zero.

The other paths will be more difficult and will encourage (read: require) you to use the boots you've gotten from the calendar rewards and such. You will want to essentially do 100% because if you can that will give you the max amount of rewards plus the max amount of rewards for every progression below you.

I.... I didn't realize I could just do the easier quests again for the catalysts I need to rank Steve up. So thank you for that.