**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to deal with Punisher in Sugar Crash?

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
That SP1 is really nasty and I can’t dec it properly . Are there any boosts I should use ?

Comments

• Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 503 ★★★
    He is the most difficult defender in the entire quest. I unfortunately had to use revives because i couldnt dex his special 1 except first hit and then got hit with the other hits due to the unblockable going through my block. I think the recoup will be the best option but you will take damage. Thankfully, the only opponent after that is HTD, who can be defeated with 1% health as long as you keep baiting his special 2 and dex his special 1.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

I used the boost to power burn them when blocking. He never used a special and I just intercept him till he's dead

That's good thinking. I didn't even think of that boost interaction.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    I was able to dex his sp1 4 times in a row. Thats how I got through (never before) his timing is alot like korgs sp1
  • Options
    PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Posts: 110
    power burn as stated, it worked a treat.
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 634 ★★★
    "cleanse" and "Cut deep" boosts.

All you gotta do is apply bleeds which will have longer duration due to boost and hold block to power burn him, he will never get to his sp1 if you just intercept apply bleeds then hold block to power burn then repeat this cycle until he goes down.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Yep pretty much as said above - use the power burn boost
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

I managed to dex a few sp1s and got the solo:

"This is ten percent luck
    Twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure
    Fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember to boost next time"

- Mike Shinoda, probably.

Screwed the whole song with last line xD it's 1 of the greatest workout songs
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    The boost that gives regen from debuffs is the way to go in that fight
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    It was ugly, but in addition to the boost that allows you to hold block and power burn, I also used the boost that removes all buffs when you heavy. So…parry, he gets armor up and unblockable, you heavy which removes the buff and the unblockable.

Dash back, power drain and be careful not to block or you wind up with him unblockable and have to intercept.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 951 ★★★★

I was able to dex his sp1 4 times in a row. Thats how I got through (never before) his timing is alot like korgs sp1

Yeah, this was the first time I ever fully dexed it multiple times aswell.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    @JT_Supreme You are correct didn’t see you posted already when I said it but I guess someone disagreed with me 😂
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    The power burn work. Thanks guys
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I used the following buffs and just Heavied:
    Extended Debuffs
    Power Drain on Block
    Heavy Nullify
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,250 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

I used the boost to power burn them when blocking. He never used a special and I just intercept him till he's dead

This.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I managed to dex his sp1 twice in the same fight and was beyond impressed with myself
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    This quest was the first time I've ever actually been forced to learn how to dex his SP1. Annoying fight, but at least I learned something new.

To dex the SP1, wait as long as possible before your first dex so that you'll dodge the first two bullets with one dex, then just dex again for the third bullet and you're good to go
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    For the way I full dex the sp1, just dex as early as possible for the first bullet, to the point where the dex is almost over by the time the shot reaches you, then just swipe back like crazy and you'll have it like 85% of the time
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Use expiring revives. Nowhere to use those free 4h crystals nowadays. lol
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    OT. These boosts are a lot of fun. It would be great to be able to use them in side quests more often going forward.
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 443 ★★★

Same here, always failed to dex and now all of a sudden managed to dex the whole thing :D
    Don't think I'll manage to do that again haha.