Options

7* R3 OG Thor

Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 463 ★★★
Decided to take OG Thor to R3. Surely as a higher rank 6* his damage is at least passable right? Oh how wrong I was…

Such a disgrace to one of the most powerful characters in the universe.

Comments

• Options
    Wong_98 said:

Dang, how you getting 7* r3s of 7*s that don’t exist?

LOL fair. Bad typo. Yeah I maxed his sig to give him a spin. It’s pretty horrid.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,663 ★★★★
    Thor's buff is definitely long overdue. He‘s still decent, but is definitely overshadowed by other better champs.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,410 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    I think you may have been a bit unlucky. If you want a big yellow number, he really needs to crit on an SP2; and Thor's crit rate isn't high enough to make that reliable (if only you could place a Gambit relic on him...)

Mines r4, Sig 200, and I don't run Recoil Masteries. A couple of runs against Winter Soldier are:

Spamming SP2s, a couple of which crit:

Mostly SP2s, none of which crit; plus once getting pushed to an SP3:

I'd say that his damage is passable; although not outstanding. However because he has a low crit rate, his damage is spread out over all his basic attacks; not concentrated in a single burst.

However to access his damage, you need:
    • An opponent that can be parried (contact attacks)
    • An opponent that can be stunned.
    • An opponent who's not immune to Armour Break
    • An opponent won't shrug off the Armour Break, either
    • An opponent that's aggressive enough to be repeatedly stunned.
    • An opponent that's aggressive enough to throw specials rather than being pushed to SP2.
    So he's not really a general-use questing champion.

His damage is actually good enough to be surprisingly effective in Battlegrounds. He was great for the armour burn meta a while back 😉
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 313 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    As the owner of a 6* r4 200 Thor his damage is very good, regularly wins BGs matches the rare times I play. He needs max sig as massive benefit comes from the final 30 or so sigs. For some added armor breaking fun toss Abs man on the team and to parry heavy style.
  • Options
    For all those disagreeing with me, I’d like to see your videos of using OG Thor in BG. If he has to be R4 to see a power jump, then I’ll concede my point, but a 6* R3 max sig pales in comparison to most champs.