BG seeding

Tony_5tankTony_5tank Member Posts: 107
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
I hate the seeding mechanics. Since seeding has come into play I’m consistently getting slaughtered in platinum 1 against rosters that are far more powerful than mine. For context I have 4 R4s and 5 7*s. The seeding ensures I go up against full R5 and 7* rosters. It makes me not want to play the game mode.

What even worse is you’re now forcing me to play just to lose. Why can’t I fire the game up and let it run? You’ve stacked the deck so hard that I’ll lose anyway.
Seeding in BGs needs a serious look into it imo. It’d make sense to seed from GC upwards. And if you don’t make the cut, you start at Bronze again next season. I’m literally going to miss out on hundreds of thousands of points because of the slanted system. Safe to say I won’t be wasting my time going for unobtainable rewards at the expense of my time.

Comments

• DUHveedDUHveed Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    You started playing BG on day 1… wait a few days and let the big boys get through the VT and I guarantee you’ll have a better time
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Member Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    DUHveed said:

You started playing BG on day 1… wait a few days and let the big boys get through the VT and I guarantee you’ll have a better time

What about the big boys that do that too because they don't want to face other big boys and just farm objectives? There are plenty of those even in bronze a week before the season end, I assure you.

In my opinion, Kabam needs to decide whether they want a mode where everyone participates and are happy (separate the player base in leagues, with qualifiers if you want to be promoted, for example) or, make it fully competitive (everyone starts from bronze and matches are random).
  • Tony_5tankTony_5tank Member Posts: 107
    edited October 2023
    DUHveed said:

That should not be a thing. I played 22 matches yesterday and won a total of 2 rounds out of a possible 46. Not matches…rounds. It’s not the way kabam designed the content to be played. They’re alienating a huge portion of the player base and putting “celebratory” rewards into milestone that only a certain amount of people can attain. I’m a paragon and should have no issue, yet I find myself frustrated that I’m being made to play matches I know I’ll lose In fear of a ban. Once again kabam seem to be catering to the few and ignoring the many.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    edited October 2023

DUHveed said:

What about the big boys that do that too because they don't want to face other big boys and just farm objectives? There are plenty of those even in bronze a week before the season end, I assure you.

In my opinion, Kabam needs to decide whether they want a mode where everyone participates and are happy (separate the player base in leagues, with qualifiers if you want to be promoted, for example) or, make it fully competitive (everyone starts from bronze and matches are random).

Thanks to seeding no big boy can be found in Bronze, cause they start at Platinum I right away.

Otherwise they obviously aren‘t big boys cause they didn’t get far last Season.
    WOLF_LINK said:

DUHveed said:

Thanks to seeding no big boy can be found in Bronze, cause they start at Platinum I right away.

Otherwise they obviously aren‘t big boys cause they didn’t get far last Season.
    In other seasons this wouldn’t be an issue. But due to the added rewards that are not permanent, these players can rack up 300k before they get to platinum. Where as I’m just getting violated and in the same time grab around 100k. Make it make sense
    From Bronze to Vibranium I made 430k last BG Season. Cause I‘m getting stomped from some whale rosters full of R5 or 7* R2 (I don’t have a single of those).
  • GrO_otGrO_ot Member Posts: 35
    7 R4s (R4ed Apoc today) and 9 7*s…this is a slug fest, you have 30 seconds to finish or you can just forget about it.

Any defender who takes time to take down is gold.
    edited October 2023
    GrO_ot said:

7 R4s (R4ed Apoc today) and 9 7*s…this is a slug fest, you have 30 seconds to finish or you can just forget about it.

Any defender who takes time to take down is gold.

Why is it 0/0/0 for your enemy? He wants to get banned for loosing on purpose? 🤣

Ah, nevermind. You screenshotted before final results were out.
    edited October 2023
    It’s safe to say I won’t get near those added milestones when really I should. I get why kabam have done it. If you start higher, you’re more likely to spend EMs on losses and get less points. Meaning you’d need to spend units on more EMs potentially upping in game spending.
    In theory seeding may have been a good idea, but in practice? it make the game mode not enjoyable anymore, makes the new/average paragons fall further behind and allows those stacked accounts to get even more stacked. I understand not all content is for all players but that’s not the objective of this game mode. I can’t speak for anyone else, just my opinion.
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★

I hate the seeding mechanics. Since seeding has come into play I’m consistently getting slaughtered in platinum 1 against rosters that are far more powerful than mine. For context I have 4 R4s and 5 7*s. The seeding ensures I go up against full R5 and 7* rosters. It makes me not want to play the game mode.

What even worse is you’re now forcing me to play just to lose. Why can’t I fire the game up and let it run? You’ve stacked the deck so hard that I’ll lose anyway.
    Seeding in BGs needs a serious look into it imo. It’d make sense to seed from GC upwards. And if you don’t make the cut, you start at Bronze again next season. I’m literally going to miss out on hundreds of thousands of points because of the slanted system. Safe to say I won’t be wasting my time going for unobtainable rewards at the expense of my time.

For context your roster size does not matter in platinum.
    No one is forcing you to play, play or don't.
    Gogi said:

Who hurt you?
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Member Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

Gogi said:

Who hurt you?
    Welcome to the MCOC forums. Everyday's menu: unlimited toxicity.