Options

Is anyone opening Dual Crystals for a better shot at Aegon? Or is it still better to just go basics?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,882 ★★★★★

Unfortunately my best shot at Aegon just failed from the pictures above. I opened about 300k worth of 6 star shards before that, and didn't have any luck there as well.

The only issue if I open Dual Crystals are that

1) they cost 25% more at 12.5k shards which means less 7 star shards return

2) I'm missing scorpion and silk as well.

Also on a side note, does anyone max out on this offer from BGs shop? If you have most of the basic champs, it can potentially lead to 750 7 star shards each week.

Is anyone opening Dual Crystals for a better shot at Aegon? Or is it still better to just go basics? 61 votes

Dual Crystals for Aegon
54%
GamerBigPoppaCBONEZeke_the_XbotzuffyphillgreenVegeta9001rcm2017ItsClobberinTimeTraviswCaptainDenversShoe_2Adri5846SaltE_Wenis69HoitadoJefechutaBassanoClapperScaroladipowillrun4adonutmolemanishot0_Alph4 33 votes
Basics for more 7* Shards
45%
SnakeEyes69KeltanKaspYTDOKTOROKTOPUSJustcause102SCP1504Ayden_noah1captain_rogersEwell65SSS69xLunatiXxRenaxqqPraneeth_SP616BeastDadBen_15455DawsManGhostGeoNogood22Coach_G1DeadpoisdeadPikok 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    FYI I do have a 7 star rank 2 Shuri and a R4 Kate, but I'm not sure if anyone's exploring with these 2 over Aegon. I know it'll probably save revives, but I figure the fights will take much longer as once Aegons ramped it's just button mashing , whereas Shuri has to ramp up her shocks each time
  • Options
    Sarah245Sarah245 Posts: 118 ★★
    I'm going for dual but for zemo or kate.
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 523 ★★★
    I have all 3 with Kate ar r3 and the other two ar r1. Which one to rank to r4?
  • Options
    TraviswTravisw Posts: 20
    edited November 2023
    Dual Crystals for Aegon
    I’m in the same boat. I will be trying dual crystals cause I doubt we will get a selector that will have him in it for cyber weekend
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,273 ★★★★
    Cyber weekend unit deals have in the past have champion selector for champions different year and I'm thinking with all this Aegon hype, it's going to be available. That's how I got Hercules and Nimrod last cyber weekend. Hope you have around 18k units lying around to get him, awaken him and sig him up.
  • Options
    Dual Crystals for Aegon

Cyber weekend unit deals have in the past have champion selector for champions different year and I'm thinking with all this Aegon hype, it's going to be available. That's how I got Hercules and Nimrod last cyber weekend. Hope you have around 18k units lying around to get him, awaken him and sig him up.

I hope you’re right but being a 2018 champion he might be too old. Last selectors went back to 2019 I believe.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,683 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Dual Crystals for Aegon
    It'll be long weeks of opening just dual skill crystals, Aegon is cheapest, easiest option for whole necropolis other than few paths, good thing?
    You can just watch pepe stream on fast and figure out everything.

Kate, shuri, Zemo is great if you're one of those who don't die often because their DOT damage needs bit of build-up and there's nothing more frustrating than dying again and again while ramping them up each fight. Aegon? Lol just punch.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,480 ★★★★★
    It can be done without him...
  • Options
    @Sarah245 @Travisw and anyone else going for Dual crystals, are you maxing out on the 30k shard offer in the BGs shop?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Dual Crystals for Aegon
    Polygon said:

@Sarah245 @Travisw and anyone else going for Dual crystals, are you maxing out on the 30k shard offer in the BGs shop?

@Polygon if there are no options to get him after cyber weekend and if he doesn’t show up in the featured pool by chance, I will be going for duel crystals. I have 600k shards. I have been going for r4 mats in the bg store.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,623 ★★★★★
    Dual Crystals for Aegon
    I'm trying to get Ægon but if I can't pull him soon I'll just go with Kate, Zemo and Shuri for as many paths as possible.
  • Options
    Sarah245Sarah245 Posts: 118 ★★
    Polygon said:

No i bought the guilly piece so no bg credits left.
  • Options
    SligSlig Posts: 357 ★★
    I am and pulled a Kate Bishop instead so at least there’s that.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,356 ★★★★
    I hope he’s part of next Featured …
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
    Dual Crystals for Aegon
    If you do dual, you have a good shot at other Necropolis MVPs like Kate and Zemo
  • Options
    Update: I popped 10 dual crystals and not a single sight of him from there or my abyss nexus from earlier.

Buddy of mine said he wouldn’t be surprised if the drop rates for Aegon from dual crystals were altered. I know the forum police are going to say its RNG and I’m not saying he’s right, but I’m curious to see if anyone else has any luck pulling him from dual crystals.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,920 ★★★★★
    FYI, there's a decent chance to get a year champ selector for Cyber Week.
  • Options

FYI, there's a decent chance to get a year champ selector for Cyber Week.

As much as I hate not having an Aegon for this , spending that many units just to play catch up to others that have it, where I could use those units instead on offers/banquet

I might just have to suck it up and use my r2 Shuri over Aegon. Though I really hope we can get another abyss nexus before January 15 as I can see shuri being so much more annoying to use over Aegon and even problematic to play, i played almost perfect, had 50 shocks of each kind and was gonna go sp3 for big damage but the AI just didnt throw special and my shocks all expired/got pinned to the corner and they got to an sp3.

Compare that to People finishing fights with Aegon in only 5 minutes