**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

8.4 beta appreciation rewards

@Kabam Jax
I think you guys need to reconsider these kind of details imo 😝

I mean come on guys, 500 6 star shards per mission falls kinda short given the current state of the game, most of all, given those where the exact same appreciation rewards on 8.3 and that was MONTHS ago where 7 stars were barely a thing.
I’m sure giving out a couple of 7 star shards (something alike in value as incursions for example) wouldn’t break your game at this point, or something equally relevant to keep us testers motivated.
Exploring, testing, and answering the survey writing down our comments is an investment of our time, and with that payoff the scale feels disproportionate.
I know beta testings are invitations and those shards are appreciation gifts - NOT rewards, but I am really struggling to find any motivation to explore literally a whole chapter to get maybe even less than a 6 star crystal.

I will still play the beta and answer the survey, but I think you REALLY pinched your pennies with this one lol

K bye πŸ™ˆ

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,182 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I wouldn't have cared if they were 6* 500 shards except that they released it at the same time as Necropolis AND it's only a week. So sadly, I won't have participating in it as much as I normally do.
  • Options
    Spaghetti1297Spaghetti1297 Posts: 44 β˜…

I wouldn't have cared if they were 6* 500 shards except that they released it at the same time as Necropolis AND it's only a week. So sadly, I won't have participating in it as much as I normally do.

True. I’ve been procrastinating on it since it came out, busy with necropolis, gathering revives and arena grinding with Cyber weekend just around the corner.
    And now we only have 2 days left and feels like a chore
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Lol, being able to play the beta would be reward enough for most people.

Well that’s a really good point.
    It is very fun playing it indeed.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

True. I’ve been procrastinating on it since it came out, busy with necropolis, gathering revives and arena grinding with Cyber weekend just around the corner.
    And now we only have 2 days left and feels like a chore
    Couldn't have said it better
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yeah I’d do it for free. Considering I have a spreadsheet of notes ready to go when 8.4 officially drops. That’s the real reward.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Considering how easy 8.3 is, t509 6* shards is too much.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited November 2023
    I agree with most on time. It should probably be extended. Most players invited to the beta were otherwise distracted. However, I don't really take notes because tbqh each path in act 8 has been like EQ and has specific types of champs that benefit most. So I kinda just wing it path by path and bring the champs I need for the boss as back up.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

They could have just given everyone nothing for free. Instead they decided to do this, which is at least something

Well, product testing IS a formal job where people actually get paid πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Obviously they can’t hire any random people, they need them to know how to play, reason why they β€˜invite’ us

And a friendly reminder Kabam is a profitable company and they will make real money from that chapter when it drops :)

So they could give us testers a bit more than a bunch of 6 star shards

I am not trying to be salty or anything
    I really enjoy playing and will play the beta. It’s just a β€˜come on guysπŸ˜‚β€™ type of feeling
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,194 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You complaining about rewards that are being given while I’m here wondering why can’t I access Beta even though I got invited
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I've taken part in a number of Betas where they gave nothing, and were clear that no Items transfer. We can go back to that if you like.
  • Options

You complaining about rewards that are being given while I’m here wondering why can’t I access Beta even though I got invited

Ticket my man. Beta’s been out for days - & you only have 2 left
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 β˜…β˜…β˜…

It wasn't that epic an experience. It didn't feel any different exploring 8.4 than 8.3.
  • Options
    IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yeah I got invited as well signed up but on the 15th it just disappeared.. not worth crying or losing sleep over a few 7* shards from 6* dupes..
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,161 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It's an incentive to actually do the content that won't give you an unfair advantage over everyone else. Totally fair and its fun to open a crystal esp when your doing a quest with unlimited resources...
  • Options
    DawsMan said:

It's an incentive to actually do the content that won't give you an unfair advantage over everyone else. Totally fair and its fun to open a crystal esp when your doing a quest with unlimited resources...

That’s a good point of view
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

ahmynuts said:

They could have just given everyone nothing for free. Instead they decided to do this, which is at least something

Well, product testing IS a formal job where people actually get paid πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Obviously they can’t hire any random people, they need them to know how to play, reason why they β€˜invite’ us

And a friendly reminder Kabam is a profitable company and they will make real money from that chapter when it drops :)

So they could give us testers a bit more than a bunch of 6 star shards

I am not trying to be salty or anything
    I really enjoy playing and will play the beta. It’s just a β€˜come on guysπŸ˜‚β€™ type of feeling
    Beta tests are voluntary. You agree to it when you sign up.

There's nothing to test anymore though. 8.3 was literally brainless questing. 8.4 won't be any different.