Options

Glitch or naw?

BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
I was wanting to use mordo against rinitrah because I personally thought he would be a great counter but I guess not lol https://youtu.be/f8iJwGw_z74?si=bivZ9cmHl6sL4gdQ

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,828 ★★★★★
    Someone smarter than me can work this out but I guess it’s not passive?

I did some testing as well (if someone has shuri they can try out id love to see that too)

- Neutralize does not apply to Mysterio and Archangel because they are both immune to having their AAR reduced.
    - It does apply to Old Man Logan, but since his kit states his Ability Accuracy cannot be increased or decreased, his buffs still proc and are not prevented by the Neutralize
    - It does apply to Mordo, and his buffs are prevented by Neutralize.

I believe this is because the neutralize isn’t passive- unlike Domino’s or Black Widow Classic’s AAR. It’s passive if it doesn’t require an effect to proc (or it is specifically stated in their kit, which is why Mordo’s astral evade bypasses Falcon’s lock-on).

I’m sure someone will come along and correct me but this is the best i’ve got
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023

Someone smarter than me can work this out but I guess it’s not passive?

I did some testing as well (if someone has shuri they can try out id love to see that too)

- Neutralize does not apply to Mysterio and Archangel because they are both immune to having their AAR reduced.
    - It does apply to Old Man Logan, but since his kit states his Ability Accuracy cannot be increased or decreased, his buffs still proc and are not prevented by the Neutralize
    - It does apply to Mordo, and his buffs are prevented by Neutralize.

I believe this is because the neutralize isn’t passive- unlike Domino’s or Black Widow Classic’s AAR. It’s passive if it doesn’t require an effect to proc (or it is specifically stated in their kit, which is why Mordo’s astral evade bypasses Falcon’s lock-on).

I’m sure someone will come along and correct me but this is the best i’ve got

So I believe (could be wrong) that when mordo's kit says immune to passive AAR it is referring to AAR coming directly from nodes or abilities, and not any that can come from a debuff that has to proc and directly reduces aar.

I confirmed this on tigra's neutralize, which still works on mordo and is passive.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,007 ★★★★
    Yea this means Neutralize doesn’t count as passive aar. It’s active.lesson learned
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,220 ★★★★★
    It's a bug.
    It can't be an active AAR and not be a debuff. Active is debuff. Can interact with shrug. This neutralize is passive. So is his AAR.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,425 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

It's a bug.
    It can't be an active AAR and not be a debuff. Active is debuff. Can interact with shrug. This neutralize is passive. So is his AAR.

The language of the game has evolved over time; and this is one of the areas that's a little muddy.

From the initial design of the game, Effects that are Passive are 'always on'. These are abilities like (most) immunities, critical resistance, etc. Effects that are not always on are Active/Inactive.

Concussion, Disorient and Neutralise are Effects which stop and start. They are therefore either Active or Inactive.

Active effects can be described as buffs, debuffs or Passives (or occasionally something else, like 'charges'). In this context, Passive is a term that the game designers/community have developed over time. It's not a 'Passive' ability from the perspective of the game engine.

So Mordo is definitely intended to be immune to Black Widow's 'always on' DAAR and Domino's AAR.

He's definitely not supposed to be immune to AAR from Neutralise debuffs.

And I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to be immune to what we're currently calling Neutralise 'Passives' either, because what we call a Passive is still an Active effect.

I hope that's nice and clear...
  • Options
    BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

xLunatiXx said:

It's a bug.

The language of the game has evolved over time; and this is one of the areas that's a little muddy.

From the initial design of the game, Effects that are Passive are 'always on'. These are abilities like (most) immunities, critical resistance, etc. Effects that are not always on are Active/Inactive.

Concussion, Disorient and Neutralise are Effects which stop and start. They are therefore either Active or Inactive.

Active effects can be described as buffs, debuffs or Passives (or occasionally something else, like 'charges'). In this context, Passive is a term that the game designers/community have developed over time. It's not a 'Passive' ability from the perspective of the game engine.

So Mordo is definitely intended to be immune to Black Widow's 'always on' DAAR and Domino's AAR.

He's definitely not supposed to be immune to AAR from Neutralise debuffs.

And I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to be immune to what we're currently calling Neutralise 'Passives' either, because what we call a Passive is still an Active effect.

I hope that's nice and clear...