RDT not giving back iso, gold

I just used one on a four star and it is not giving back the gold and iso, just the cats. Thanks for the item, but is it really the intended purpose? To shortchange the player in resources?
«1

Comments

  • Yes. It says so in the message itself
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Oh. I didnt read the whole msg myself. My bad.
  • They are useless to me, because of this case. Old school Rank Down Tickets were better! >;(
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 2,970 ★★★★★
    PUNK_F0X wrote: »
    They are useless to me, because of this case. Old school Rank Down Tickets were better! >;(

    That's like saying a new car is useless unless they put gas in it for you. The value is the car, not the gas! the value is the RDT, not the gold/iso!
  • urzafrankurzafrank Posts: 6
    danielmath wrote: »
    PUNK_F0X wrote: »
    They are useless to me, because of this case. Old school Rank Down Tickets were better! >;(

    That's like saying a new car is useless unless they put gas in it for you. The value is the car, not the gas! the value is the RDT, not the gold/iso!

    This is silly. for many, the gold and iso represent the same or even more of the resources that they used. For many like me, the cats are not what I needed back from the rank down tickets.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    urzafrank wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    PUNK_F0X wrote: »
    They are useless to me, because of this case. Old school Rank Down Tickets were better! >;(

    That's like saying a new car is useless unless they put gas in it for you. The value is the car, not the gas! the value is the RDT, not the gold/iso!

    This is silly. for many, the gold and iso represent the same or even more of the resources that they used. For many like me, the cats are not what I needed back from the rank down tickets.

    So are you going to use them? Of course you will because the greater value is in the limited catalysts, particularly for the 5*.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    573739 wrote: »
    You
    danielmath wrote: »
    PUNK_F0X wrote: »
    They are useless to me, because of this case. Old school Rank Down Tickets were better! >;(

    That's like saying a new car is useless unless they put gas in it for you. The value is the car, not the gas! the value is the RDT, not the gold/iso!

    Bad analogy.

    It’s like buying a house and then investing in it only to be able to sell it for what you paid originally.

    Nope. Your analogy is bad.

  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 2,970 ★★★★★
    urzafrank wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    PUNK_F0X wrote: »
    They are useless to me, because of this case. Old school Rank Down Tickets were better! >;(

    That's like saying a new car is useless unless they put gas in it for you. The value is the car, not the gas! the value is the RDT, not the gold/iso!

    This is silly. for many, the gold and iso represent the same or even more of the resources that they used. For many like me, the cats are not what I needed back from the rank down tickets.

    gold and iso are unlimited, t2a are not. While they are more available now, they are still very hard to get. The 4 T2A are at least 95% of the value of the rank down ticket, in all reality closer to 100%
  • danielmath wrote: »
    PUNK_F0X wrote: »
    They are useless to me, because of this case. Old school Rank Down Tickets were better! >;(

    That's like saying a new car is useless unless they put gas in it for you. The value is the car, not the gas! the value is the RDT, not the gold/iso!

    Not really
  • linuxlinux Posts: 284
    PUNK_F0X wrote: »
    They are useless to me, because of this case. Old school Rank Down Tickets were better! >;(

    Old school rank down tickets were a great way to get gold and rewards from rank up events ... but Kabam's goal this time wasn't to placate infuriated players, just to give a limited way to restore catalysts to allow us one chance at changing who we ranked up. It seems pretty reasonable to me. (And yes, I did use them fully before -- you made extra gold if you ranked down, sold the basics, and ranked up using class ISO.)
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,354 ★★★
    Wish I could read like you. Wow what a fail post.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 775 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    @linux they gifted us 1 from each champions kind at least they could make it worthed .. not usable for me the only peoples who will use this are those who ranked up some creepy r4 5* however i still dont get the meaning they were just 3 so why be all this hungry . it was better not giving them at all
  • I totally agree a gift should be a gift not screwing there players out of more gold and ios its made me realise how hungry kabam are nd made me decide not to spend my money on this game anymore
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Player1994 wrote: »
    @linux they gifted us 1 from each champions kind at least they could make it worthed .. not usable for me the only peoples who will use this are those who ranked up some creepy r4 5* however i still dont get the meaning they were just 3 so why be all this hungry . it was better not giving them at all

    I disagree. Lots of players can use these. I haven't ranked up crappy 5* champs at all, but I'll gladly rank down my Ultron and rank up my 4* Stark Spidey that I recently got. Once I get the cats again I will rank up Ultron again.

    The gold, I get enough from arena. The iso, I have over 2k tier 4 and 5 iso in my overflow. I don't need it. But even if I did, there's a gold realm going on and there are more then enough quests that give good iso, but not a lot of places to get t4c's.

    Starting accounts can use it to shift from the "have to rank" 3 or 4 star champ they level early because it was the only way to progress to a champ they recently pulled and will help out more.

    And then there are the players that can't do level up because everything is ranked up already, this gives them a way to rank down and rank up again. They just need to figure out if the loss in gold and iso is worth the level up rewards. For most in this situation it is.

    You're not forced to use them. You can, but you don't have to. If you don't want to then don't, that doesn't mean we shouldn't have gotten them. Not giving them means no one can use them, giving them leaves everybody a choice. They luckily only give 3 in total, so others don't gain an unfair advantage when they are able to use them while you are not.
  • This is my first time writing in to Kabam forums. I have played the game for three years. I am writing in to express my displeasure with this fake gift that Kabam has set us. The rank-down option is like a major slap in the face without gold or ISO, and I am tempted to cut back on my use of the game -- if not to quit it all together -- because of the feeling of disappointment I received when I tried to downgrade a character only to be shown that I would receive no gold or ISO. I understand Kabam's perspective, that we're not forced to use the "gift". But to me the gesture feels cheap and misplaced -- a grab to extend the life of the game misdescribed insultingly as a "gift". Shame on you, Kabam, to do such a thing, and on Christmas of all days. :-(
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 10,742 ★★★★★
    This is my first time writing in to Kabam forums. I have played the game for three years. I am writing in to express my displeasure with this fake gift that Kabam has set us. The rank-down option is like a major slap in the face without gold or ISO, and I am tempted to cut back on my use of the game -- if not to quit it all together -- because of the feeling of disappointment I received when I tried to downgrade a character only to be shown that I would receive no gold or ISO. I understand Kabam's perspective, that we're not forced to use the "gift". But to me the gesture feels cheap and misplaced -- a grab to extend the life of the game misdescribed insultingly as a "gift". Shame on you, Kabam, to do such a thing, and on Christmas of all days. :-(

    @TheRealWolly did you not read the in game mail all the way through? It clearly stated that there wouldn't be any gold or ISO. There has been gold realms for the past week with tons of opportunity for gold. All the quests and rewards from calendar events have given tons of shards for crystals with chances to dupe characters. With everything they have given over the past couple of weeks, its crazy to think that you can complain about this. Read the in game mail next time and if you don't like what they did, don't use them.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Good news is this may convince Kabam to never bother giving the players RDTs again, lol. The mentality shown in forum over these is crazy at best.

    For reference, I ranked 5* Iceman to R4 a few weeks ago and ran out of gold and iso around level 20. It took me two days to get the gold and iso to finish leveling him up, and that’s without playing arena. If I had to wait for the catalysts to rank him, it would have taken months at least. This is purely to illustrate that gold and iso are readily available, so not including them is not a “slap in the face” or a “double edged sword” or any other bad metaphor. Play the game, get gold and iso.
  • My issue is with the message we were sent relative to its content. The message that Kabam circulated reads as if we're being given some great opportunity -- a gift -- when for most players below level 60 there is a real choice involved as to whether the catalysts are worth the effort of the gold and ISO -- and to send the message on Christmas of all days was especially misleading. In answer to LocoMotives, in general I have been pretty satisfied with the game, despite recent server disruptions (as you can see, this is my second message to the forums). I am at level 56 and have moderated an alliance for just under three years. I did not read the message closely at first, because I am not addicted to this game, I am a casual player. In answer to Demonzfyre, yes the gold is much appreciated, and I would not be up in arms had they provided a rank down message phrased in a different way and a full refund for ISO, because of the gold event. But that message, and to treat us as if we could not see through to the intent of the offer, I find insulting, a real let down after what appeared to be a genuinely nice gesture.
  • ZenioZenio Posts: 98
    “Be care what you ask for” “Ask and you shall receive” 👀
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 10,742 ★★★★★
    My issue is with the message we were sent relative to its content. The message that Kabam circulated reads as if we're being given some great opportunity -- a gift -- when for most players below level 60 there is a real choice involved as to whether the catalysts are worth the effort of the gold and ISO -- and to send the message on Christmas of all days was especially misleading. In answer to LocoMotives, in general I have been pretty satisfied with the game, despite recent server disruptions (as you can see, this is my second message to the forums). I am at level 56 and have moderated an alliance for just under three years. I did not read the message closely at first, because I am not addicted to this game, I am a casual player. In answer to Demonzfyre, yes the gold is much appreciated, and I would not be up in arms had they provided a rank down message phrased in a different way and a full refund for ISO, because of the gold event. But that message, and to treat us as if we could not see through to the intent of the offer, I find insulting, a real let down after what appeared to be a genuinely nice gesture.

    Im not sure the message could have been more clear. My question is, did you have any RDT's before? No? Then its a gift. They gave you RDT even after stating they werent going to again. The wording was even in orange font color. People like you are why we cant have nice things. I for one found great value in the tickets. I was able to R5 Morningstar by taking down a unused champ. All you had to was play this game to get these. Dont use them if you find useless.
    4ro3zh5piq4c.png
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I don't know how not being addicted translates into not being able to properly read or even skim through the message.
  • For players at a very high level this may be a gift. It isn't for players at a lower level. Demonzfyre, you need to stop playing video games and acquire basic literacy skills. Your ideas are very poorly expressed. You do not seem to comprehend nuance.
  • Sp3edD3m0nSp3edD3m0n Posts: 90
    People pissed off at Kabam because they dont know how to read....... :D
    People pissed off at Kabam because they didnt get 110k gold for ranking down a 4r5 .... :D
    People pissed off at Kabam because they dont understand the value of rank down tickets. :D
    People pissed off at Kabam because they dont understand why Kabam gave them out. :D
    People pissed off at Kabam becuase they dont understand the game or how to progress in it. :D



  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 947 ★★★
    People complaining about these tickets are selfish and greedy at best. These are valuable items at best that give us back the rare items that took the greatest time and effort to get. Any player who wants to complain about the gold and iso obviously aren't playing this game right, they would have plenty of both. People have been crying for rdts forever and now that they give them out, we see who the whiney crybaby's are. And I'm one of the first people to complain about kabam when it is warranted. This case is not warranted. They gave us a free valuable gift. Take it and be grateful or shut the hull up.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 10,742 ★★★★★
    For players at a very high level this may be a gift. It isn't for players at a lower level. Demonzfyre, you need to stop playing video games and acquire basic literacy skills. Your ideas are very poorly expressed. You do not seem to comprehend nuance.

    @TheRealWolly those weren't ideas..... more of a statement of facts. As for literacy skills, I read the in-game message and understood it loud and clear. Something that obviously didn't happen with you and now you are butt-hurt because it wasn't what you wanted. Enjoy the RDT's.
Sign In or Register to comment.