**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Baby Groot and Rocket Raccoon playing in snow (DALL-E 3 generated)

NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
edited December 2023 in General Discussion
I'd like to give back something to Kabam and to this amazing community.
I'm not great at generating photos using A.I. technology but please, consider this my small gift!
I'm sure that others could create amazing images... and maybe a longer thread dedicated to this subject will be created.

For now, this is my humble try... with a Christmas theme.

Thank you Kabam for everything you do!
Thank you community!

May you all have a magical December and a perfect End of Year!

Comments

• Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 798 ★★★
    interesting...
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I know your sentiment is genuine but what exactly are you giving back with AI art, though? The machine did it.

(I'm not hating on you as an individual. I'm just a huge advocate against AI art and for human artistic integrity and rights. It shouldn't be used in place of people.)

AI is a tool, same as digital art with all the various brushes and blending tools. It’s just significantly less creative control over the process. Every image generated is unique and has to be prompted by the user. While you can’t take credit for AI art as your own, it is a form of art and in many cases looks better than human art anyway.

OP, this is really cool. I had no idea that Dall-E was this powerful already.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Crcrcrc said:

ahmynuts said:

I know your sentiment is genuine but what exactly are you giving back with AI art, though? The machine did it.

(I'm not hating on you as an individual. I'm just a huge advocate against AI art and for human artistic integrity and rights. It shouldn't be used in place of people.)

AI is a tool, same as digital art with all the various brushes and blending tools. It’s just significantly less creative control over the process. Every image generated is unique and has to be prompted by the user. While you can’t take credit for AI art as your own, it is a form of art and in many cases looks better than human art anyway.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with most of this. It is a tool that can be used to enhance one's own ability, but saying it is fine because "in many cases looks better than human art anyway" is genuinely ridiculous. You also cannot say that because a user needs to prompt it, it can be considered user-made art.
    I mean it makes really cool pictures, that’s enough for it to be a valid type of art. I’m not going to discredit it just because it was made a different way.

I think the whole “art made by humans only with specific tools only” approach is a bit ridiculous in itself. Any form of creation and expression by any person is art. There’s no need to try to gatekeep something so intrinsically linked to who we are as people.
  • Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 273 ★★
    As long as it isn’t in a competition where money is on the line or anything AI art is awesome
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,929 ★★★★★
    you can usually tell AI art because it fkcs up the hands in particular, in this case, it's given Groot a raccoon tail in four pictures and a third hand in another.

Also, Rocket looks too young and like a freakin plushie.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

ahmynuts said:

The AI doesn't create anything, it steal from various artists around the internet to incorporate in their "art"
    What do you think artists do to learn how to create art? They use other things as inspiration. Nobody just starts off making unique art pieces.

I just don’t understand why everyone gets so aggressive about gatekeeping what is art when AI is involved. It’s cool looking, there’s no issues with it. I think it’s mainly that a machine is able to replicate years of hard work in an instant and that kind of bothers the people who have put in that time. I don’t really know though.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,473 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Lol Groot has a tail in most of these (sometimes it’s a raccoon tail, sometimes it’s some kind of abomination wood tail), but I appreciate the sentiment, OP. Very nice, wholesome pictures.

I tend to agree with @ahmynuts here, although maybe not for the same reasons. First, as it compares to human made art, there is no objective “it looks better.” It’s art, it’s like the prime example of subjectivity. In the rare cases where there is some consensus that something is a great work of art, there is usually a discussion of the incredible effort of the artist or how they pioneered or showed mastery of some technique.

That aspect will always be lacking in AI art. The AI can show the effort of its creators, in that it took a great amount of effort to design and implement such a tool, but the art it outputs will never have that same conversation around it. It will never have taken the AI effort nor required mastery of a form nor the creation of anything new, because the art it produces is just a synthesis of all of the art previously fed into it.

Which leads me to my larger problem with AI in creative spaces, which is that it is essentially a piracy system. These systems were trained on thousands upon millions of creative works of others who never agreed to having their work scraped for data and will never be compensated for their efforts. In the majority of the above pictures, it looks like the AI is aping the Funko Pop style, probably because that’s what a majority of images already online are with these characters. And if you think that movie/tv show plot lines are starting to feel regurgitated and overdone now, just wait until they slap an AI in the writer’s room that is literally incapable of original thought.

Sorry for the long rant. I studied philosophy in school, wrote a whole paper on AI stuff long before it erupted into the collective consciousness like it has now. Have a lot of opinions.

I agree with what you're saying here, too. If anyone feels like it, take this comment as an expansion of my reasoning above, where I mentioned human artistic integrity and rights.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,182 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

The process of extracting the exact type of image/art we want is a invaluable skill (prompt engineering). Obviously human artists are superior, but AI art is not meant to compete with human artists, it is meant to help human artists.
  • Options
    IsisixkswmrIsisixkswmr Posts: 237
    This is the first post actually worth reading, Loved the pictures😝😝😝
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
    Eh not really baby groot since he's gigantic compared to rocket
    And why does groot have a tail wth ai
    Other than that they're alright
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,947 ★★★★★
    To recreate more I just need to Google DALL E3, click first link and start?