**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Please consider buffing Sandman’s SP3 rotation damage

SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,183 ★★★★★
Sandman’s sp3 rotation used to deal a lot more damage, hitting numbers like 100k on the heavies, now the maximum you can hit is 50k on a r4 max sig. This makes his sp2 rotation hit just as hard as the sp3 one, which is in terms a huge nerf for him in any fight longer than battlegrounds…
Now that you’ve introduced him as a 7 star aswell and his damage is ABYSMAL unawakened since the "buff" moved all of his damage into his sig ability, consider buffing his special 3 physical vulnerability to atleast outdamage his sp2 rotation that’s purely utility focused…

RoL Captain Marvel with both rotations, the results are identical:

Comments

• Options
    Still hits like a noodle, at sig 20 he hits the same as the sig 200 6 star
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,205 ★★★★

Even with it being a noodle, that's good though right? Sort of how people noticed sig 20 7* Spot was doing almost same damage as max sig Spot at r5. Just means both those champs really only need that initial sig 20 to move forward over their 6* versions. Or am I getting lost in translation here?
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,571 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

I'm still waiting out a timer before opening some banquet crystals, but I am 100% positive that I will pull him from my 7* GGC...

I pulled and awakened him
    You’ve got my luck.
  • Options

Even with it being a noodle, that's good though right? Sort of how people noticed sig 20 7* Spot was doing almost same damage as max sig Spot at r5. Just means both those champs really only need that initial sig 20 to move forward over their 6* versions. Or am I getting lost in translation here?
    No, since people 1. don’t have a duped Sandman like me
    And 2. 7 stars should be compared amonst eachother and not against their 6 star counterparts, since a r1 7 star deals more damage than the r4 6 star, so it was never a fair competition.
  • Options
    Mord said:

Yeah agree, his damage is very underwhelming. Got him as a 7*, then duped him, TWICE. That's 3 Sandmans in a row and let me tell you, still very slow.

I felt super lucky when I got a chance at another champion in a GBC after the first 2 went to Sandy... This game got my number I swear.

Holy, if that happens to me I’ll go insane. I was already annoyed that I got him twice but atleast I can use him on path 9 now, since that’s where I always go, but another dupe would really make me sad…
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

I'm still waiting out a timer before opening some banquet crystals, but I am 100% positive that I will pull him from my 7* GGC...

I pulled and awakened him
    You’ve got my luck.
    Sorry to hear that, I personally went in wanting Adam and Moondragon, double Sandman will have to do tho
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 120 ★★

Mord said:

Yeah agree, his damage is very underwhelming. Got him as a 7*, then duped him, TWICE. That's 3 Sandmans in a row and let me tell you, still very slow.

I felt super lucky when I got a chance at another champion in a GBC after the first 2 went to Sandy... This game got my number I swear.

Holy, if that happens to me I’ll go insane. I was already annoyed that I got him twice but atleast I can use him on path 9 now, since that’s where I always go, but another dupe would really make me sad…
    Now I wonder if the game is actually giving us what it thinks we need, and not what we want hahahaha... I'm also in path 9 since forever.
  • Options
    I should tag someone like @Kabam Miike aswell
  • Options
    darkMeliodasdarkMeliodas Posts: 38
    Mord said:

4/4… man this feels bad.

Lol, i pullet him 3 times. Is it good this buddy?
  • Options
    Pulled Moondragon 3 times from the new ones
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,133 ★★★★★
    Bruh now they gonna nerf sp-2 damage in half just to make sure sp3 have higher damage 😭
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Bruh now they gonna nerf sp-2 damage in half just to make sure sp3 have higher damage 😭

That is not what I asked for. His damage is bad even at max sig and the physical vul should do much more.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,739 ★★★★★
    More to the point: Sandman is a terrific disappointment even post-buff. Other than adding to the gacha elements of the game, I cannot see how he serves a purpose in the GGCs.

Classic Marvel character who’s been around about as long as Spidey has been around—and he’s still not right. So much potential, almost none of it realized.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

More to the point: Sandman is a terrific disappointment even post-buff. Other than adding to the gacha elements of the game, I cannot see how he serves a purpose in the GGCs.

Classic Marvel character who’s been around about as long as Spidey has been around—and he’s still not right. So much potential, almost none of it realized.

Dr. Zola

My guess is that whoever put him in that crystal is using kabam’s site champion scores.

Here’s Sandman:

For referente in the science clase you can compare damage with spots (less damage!), Spiderham and photon (same score). Yeah, those metrics are not right. At least in this universe.

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,739 ★★★★★
    Mord said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

My guess is that whoever put him in that crystal is using kabam’s site champion scores.

Here’s Sandman:

For referente in the science clase you can compare damage with spots (less damage!), Spiderham and photon (same score). Yeah, those metrics are not right. At least in this universe.
    Hadn’t looked at that. Looks like classic case of garbage in/out. No way anyone who actually plays the game could take those metrics seriously.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Mord said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Here’s Sandman:

Hadn’t looked at that. Looks like classic case of garbage in/out. No way anyone who actually plays the game could take those metrics seriously.

Dr. Zola
    Let’s not forget they nerfed the sp3 rotation in the rebalance. They actively made his pure damage rotation worse…
  • Options
    He used to be able to hit 100k on the last heavy burst before the nerf at r4. Now he can barely hit 42k…
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,889 ★★★★
    I’m wondering why they didn’t keep it the same as before, but buff the damage slightly in BGs
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/shorts/1XdNlU12sVk

But hey the team is aparently happy with his rebalanced átate, we just don’t know better
  • Options
    It’s definetly the worst buff they’ve ever done, they in fact nerfed every version of him that isn’t sig 200 and for 20% extra damage in battlegrounds they took away 50% of his sp3 rotation damage.
  • Options
    codkatcodkat Posts: 2
    I pulled him from 3 out of 4 crystals so I now have an sig 40 sandman. It’s so disappointing that kabam just release this “Buff” when it’s just nothing decent at all. They should’ve made it so the ggc have only good champions in it
  • Options
    codkat said:

I pulled him from 3 out of 4 crystals so I now have an sig 40 sandman. It’s so disappointing that kabam just release this “Buff” when it’s just nothing decent at all. They should’ve made it so the ggc have only good champions in it

I use him for path 9, just don’t think his sp3 rotation nerf is justified at all.