Battlegrounds issues

Since the start of battlegrounds today 12/27/2023 I have not been able to make any headway in fights. I cannot drain any energy with light or heavy attacks. Along with this my special attacks do not fill up making next to impossible to win a single match. I thought it was a one off with buffs for a match against one or two opponents but it has been multiple matches and continues to be an issue. Any suggestions?

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Yeah read the nodes.
  • my_name_jeff_2my_name_jeff_2 Member Posts: 9
    Please explain?
    I am not aware of nodes in battlegrounds matchups?
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    Read the nodes. Polka dot power and power shield. The only way to deal damage is with specials and the only way to gain power is with debuffs or passive power gain
    Right, I understand the buffs. Mine have never been set to give the opponent what seems to be an unfair advantage before now.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,268 ★★★★★

Right, I understand the buffs. Mine have never been set to give the opponent what seems to be an unfair advantage before now.

..................... what
  • MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,596 ★★★★★

The “opponent’s active buffs” is just for defenders. It’s regular nodes. The “your active buffs” is for your attacker. It’s the same type of nodes as usual
    Could ypu possibly explain what I need to do in overcoming this when it is preventing me from knocking health on both light or heavy attacks along with preventing my special from charging.
    DOT attackers seem to be the only ones having an impact on the defenders.
  • MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,596 ★★★★★

That’s because one of the two nodes explicitly states that you gain power when the defender is inflicted with a DOT
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★

And that’s not a bug
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★

Could ypu possibly explain what I need to do in overcoming this when it is preventing me from knocking health on both light or heavy attacks along with preventing my special from charging.

Do you see the picture posted by willrun4adonut? Read it bruv it's not that hard

Do you see the picture posted by willrun4adonut? Read it bruv it's not that hard
    Yeah, I figured it out. Don't think I'll be posting on this forum again though since people are condescending with there answers instead of trying to help when a question is posed "bruv". Blessings 🙌
    For those that legitimately helped with the question i had, much appreciated. One love
  • Blackyoshi420Blackyoshi420 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2023
    I don't get it this round of battle grounds i couldn't even do any damage unless using medium hits or relic hits this makes no sense I tied my first fight because of this glitch and the only reason I won the last one was due to a forfeit these nodes are screwed up I get what they are for but this is just a waste of energy
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Yeah read the nodes.

Yeah, I figured it out. Don't think I'll be posting on this forum again though since people are condescending with there answers instead of trying to help when a question is posed "bruv". Blessings 🙌
    People get frustrated when the same question is asked a hubdred times in one day.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,435 ★★★★★

Condescending for telling you to go read the node?...
    Did you ever call a teacher condescending for telling you to study for a test?
    Polka Dot has been a node FOREVER, it's not condecending when user error is pointed out, it's being corrective
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★

They told you to read the buffs and you replied with please explain... Well deserved imo cause that's not being dumb, that's just being lazy.