**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New phone for MCOC

RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,599 ★★★★
edited December 2023 in General Discussion
So, I'm planning to purchase a new phone for MCOC. I'm looking at OnePlus 9 pro. Is it a good phone? Maybe someone can give a long term review about it. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,209 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Dont know your price range but I used a samsung a01 for a few years to play and it was terrible.

Ive upgraded to Oppo A76 2 months ago and the game is sooo much smoother. My loading times were 30 secs per fight. Its now like 5 sec. Bg I started fights at 1:30 now I start at 1:50 - 1:56.

I would recommend it.

My phone has 6gb base ram + 5gb extended so 11gb total.

Processor is a qualcom snapdragon 680 octs core. Also has 128gb storage.

Gpu is qualcom adreno 610

Dont know what currency you use but mine is Zar and it was about 6500 zar. Around 300 dolars I think. If you pay cash. And from what im seeing on google. The oneplus 9 pro is about 900 dolars.

You can google the difference between the 2 phones and look for something cheaper that can last you long.
  • Options
    Ioniqus_797Ioniqus_797 Posts: 108
    No complaints here... My OnePlus 9 pro is more than enough to run mcoc nice and smooth. Have had the phone 2years now. Works just great.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    The oneplus 12 will be releasing next month so maybe way till then . The oneplus 11 is also very very good phone that you can get now so maybe purchase those
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★
    If strict gaming phones then try to look at tabs, big screen much better performance due to larger size.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,599 ★★★★
    Thanks everyone!
    @Ioniqus_797 and what about rumours about heating issues?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,997 ★★★★★
    Just don't buy a iphone.
    #certifiedIphonehater
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★

Just don't buy a iphone.
    #certifiedIphonehater

Fr. I switched to one for a few months and didn't hesitate on switching back.
  • Options
    Ioniqus_797Ioniqus_797 Posts: 108
    No heating issues here... Usually, heat is caused by too many apps running in the background... Turn off the alert option for apps you don't need and problem solved.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,150 ★★★★★
    Renaxqq said:

So, I'm planning to purchase a new phone for MCOC. I'm looking at OnePlus 9 pro. Is it a good phone? Maybe someone can give a long term review about it. Thanks!

I have been using my OnePlus 8T for 3 years now with no issue. So I'd guess the 9 plus will be just fine
  • Options
    JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    iPhone cause the run of the mill issues with Ai/Parry I’ve been using one for years. Always seemed to be worse than the android I used of equal or lesser value.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,190 ★★★★
    I use realme 11x

Pretty Good
    Fights take like 5-6 seconds to load
    BG matches start at around 1:53-1:54

Overall great phone since I also use this as my main device(yeah I ain't rich enough to have 2 phones)

Would recommend
    One plus is also great