**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ Timers Keep Running While Paused

Hello,
Can you please make the AQ timers stop when the game is paused? There are a number of RL situations where I might need to pause my game mid-fight in AQ and if I do, the game timer keeps running.
Just a moment ago, I had to pause for a phone call. Just before the timer ran out, the game unpaused itself, allowing the mystic symbiod to fire off an S2, taking away 75% of my HP. Then it timed out and took another 13% away. All because I had to take a phone call.
I honestly cannot think of a legitimate reason not to stop the game timer when you hit pause in AQ. It in no way unfairly advantages the player.
Can we please get this changed? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,263 ★★★★★
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    I agree how it is frustrating, but it’s a coding issue.

If there is not a limit set then hypothetically someone could sit on an open node for 24 hrs straight locking the B.G. out of moving up or completing.

^This.
  • Options
    UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Yeah there are situations where people legit fall asleep lol, imagine seeing that one dude still fighting a node for 3 hours and you get a message in the game or Line(or whatever messaging app you use) saying sorry I fell asleep and now you guys can't 100%.

But I nice little suggestion I think could work is, giving the pause screen a timer of it's own. Like 30 seconds or 1 min before it starts the real timer that was ticking from where you left it at.
  • Options
    DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★

If there is not a limit set then hypothetically someone could sit on an open node for 24 hrs straight locking the B.G. out of moving up or completing.

While I think this is a technical possibility, I think the likelihood is extremely low. The instances of someone starting a fight, pausing it, and never coming back would be very very rare to make it a non-factor.
    I'm not talking about doing away with timer to start the fight, but honestly, I should be able to run and help one of my kids real fast or answer the door or the phone without the game penalizing me.
  • Options
    TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    DukeZman wrote: »

While I think this is a technical possibility, I think the likelihood is extremely low. The instances of someone starting a fight, pausing it, and never coming back would be very very rare to make it a non-factor.
    I'm not talking about doing away with timer to start the fight, but honestly, I should be able to run and help one of my kids real fast or answer the door or the phone without the game penalizing me.

You've never played with a ticked off or malicious player. Granted it has been a couple of years, but it only takes one to ruin it.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★

I should be able to run and help one of my kids real fast or answer the door or the phone without the game penalizing me.

No you shouldn't. That's not how MMORPGs work.

You wanna play a game mode where u can go on and off as you please? Try story or event quest.

Alliance wars/quests are multiplaywr efforts. Don't make others suffer because of you.
  • Options
    Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Hello,
    Can you please make the AQ timers stop when the game is paused? There are a number of RL situations where I might need to pause my game mid-fight in AQ and if I do, the game timer keeps running.
    Just a moment ago, I had to pause for a phone call. Just before the timer ran out, the game unpaused itself, allowing the mystic symbiod to fire off an S2, taking away 75% of my HP. Then it timed out and took another 13% away. All because I had to take a phone call.
    I honestly cannot think of a legitimate reason not to stop the game timer when you hit pause in AQ. It in no way unfairly advantages the player.
    Can we please get this changed? Thanks!

No you shouldnt. It’s not even a technical/coding issue. It can easily be coded as such. But it is designed to be that way because allowing to pause the timer can do more harm than good. The risk of implementing that is just too high to address a minor annoyance.
  • Options

I should be able to run and help one of my kids real fast or answer the door or the phone without the game penalizing me.

No you shouldn't. That's not how MMORPGs work.

You wanna play a game mode where u can go on and off as you please? Try story or event quest.

Alliance wars/quests are multiplaywr efforts. Don't make others suffer because of you.

Bro I’ve played tons of mmorpgs. An mmo actually is easier to “pause.” You just lose aggro and find a safe spot to stand. And then you just catch up with the raid when you come back.
    So while yes a vindictive player might could lock up a node, a good alliance leader would just boot him and he’d be listed as withdrawn and free the node.
    The fact that something “might” happen 1 time out of thousands or millions of instances shouldn’t in my opinion control the way the game is set up.
    Every mmo has a way to report or penalize players who intentionally grief the system and that’d be easy to implement in this case. Give a function where officers or the alliance leader can boot a player from a fight or something like that.
    The point is instances of griefing would be rare and so why not make the change to benefit 99% of players and then let alliances handle bad people via a boot or implement a function to end a fight that is tied up.
    There’s a workable solution here. @Nexus_UY_Scuti no need to be condescending and elitist.
  • Options

You've never played with a ticked off or malicious player. Granted it has been a couple of years, but it only takes one to ruin it.

The fact that something happened once years ago seems like a poor argument for keeping timers running. Instances of malicious players griefing the system are rare (by your own admission) and are handled by a swift boot.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,263 ★★★★★
    When you're on a timed Event with a limited time to complete and others depending on your results, whether you take down the Node or not, they have to have a Timer.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    5 minute pause timer, then it goes back to normal. If you are pausing an aq fight it's for a good reason, and it stopes malicious players from locking a node. If you unpause and pause again on the same node the timer does not reset. Once you move past the node then the pause time resets.

Pretty simple fix but it's a pretty minor problem. Actually it's no problem at all, it's just more $$$ to Kabam.
  • Options
    JRock808 wrote: »
    5 minute pause timer, then it goes back to normal. If you are pausing an aq fight it's for a good reason, and it stopes malicious players from locking a node. If you unpause and pause again on the same node the timer does not reset. Once you move past the node then the pause time resets.

Pretty simple fix but it's a pretty minor problem. Actually it's no problem at all, it's just more $$$ to Kabam.

I like it man. This was exactly my point. Instead of people just attacking me with negative responses, you’ve provided a workable and well-thought-out solution. It doesn’t have to be an either or. Griefing can be prevented and pausdoesnt become a penalty