**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Necropolis Path 2 (Mr F) - Kate or Aegon or Both?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
Mr F to Apoc with the corner trap node and indestructible

First and foremost , I have a 7* Shuri so I wouldn’t really need Kate for section 1. There is an Air Walker who’s the hardest on that trap node. I’m not sure how people with Aegon or Kate found him on that particular node, but on the other 2 paths, Ive soloed him with Kate. In the event that he would be much harder for this lane, I ascended my R4 Abs Man.

Section 2 is where things get a little uncertain for me. Theres a Tigra that I heard Kate slaps, but a Herc that is not really a fun time and most I’ve heard just spam coldsnap with her against him. On the other hand Aegon would probably smash right through that hercules but idk how good he’d be vs tigra (im not too comfortable dexing her sp2 but i can try the sp3 spam cycle thing)

Who would do that Herc cheaper, an r5 non ascended Aegon or an r4 ascended Abs Man? It’s probably Aegon but I’m just wondering since the trap node would fuel Abs Morph Charges and my 5/5 MD.

Regarding the shared fights, Cap IW, Cap Sam are easy solos with Kate but on this path with the indestructible, it will probably need a revive. How many revives does Aegon do Beardo and Cap Sam in?

I was originally planning to just do a full Kate/Shuri run but GM without Aegon was not fun since he was bugged when I fought him last time (I had to chip him down from 30 to 5% using Juggs without any wounded). But even if GM doesnt throw specials, I can just ignore the prompts with Aegon and power through. Plus, he’d be very helpful for Hercules.

On the other hand the main reason I was going to bring Kate was for Tigra, Cap IW, Cap Sam (again not sure how good Aegon is for these 3 fights)

Necropolis Path 2 (Mr F) - Kate or Aegon or Both? 22 votes

Bring Kate (with Shuri)
36%
NescioZuroThorkiMaqsoodSaltE_Wenis69Thokk150Emilia90MarvelNoob 8 votes
Bring Aegon (with Shuri)
54%
Hendrosscaptain_rogersAnnihilator13_Ironman3000ReignkingTWNameless_IWTrongNovBron1PT_99doggyEMSims11Deathsworker 12 votes
Bring both Kate and Aegon
9%
TensioFr4s3r 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Bron1Bron1 Posts: 275
    Bring Aegon (with Shuri)
    Ramp up aegon on mr fan, then switch to shrui for attuma and namor, then aegon all the way, ( you can shuri also but aegon can kill them all )
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Bring Aegon (with Shuri)
    I used Aegon and Shuri. Airwalker (23) and tigra (20) were awful.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,816 ★★★★★
    Bring Kate (with Shuri)
    I don’t think there’s much need to ramp Aegon on this path and spend a little more. If you have resources to spare, go for it, but I’d just do Kate and Shuri. Air Walker isn’t much harder with Kate this lane if you heal up. You can also practice spacing on the Mr. F path and you won’t take much damage

The indestructible node only makes nova and dragon man a little more annoying with Kate, but once you get your effects up, they won’t even be dashing forward much (especially after the root).

GM is probably going to be your only pain point with Kate though. Aegon is definitely better for him
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    Bring Aegon (with Shuri)
    For god's sake, if you bring aegon with shuri, bring a air walker counter.
    Aegon is worst against him combined with trap node, airwalker alone costed me 20 revives.

For an aegon shuri team, apocalypse and airwalker is tough. I spent 20 and 12 revives on them. You have 7* shuri so she works fine I guess. Bring someone for airwalker, I believe abs man can handle both air walker and apocalypse, and preferably nova. Nova is not bad but annoying with that indestructible.

In the second path, I managed to solo capiw and 1 revive for cap sam, both have easy specials to dex on root, dragonman is easy with shuri as well.

Regarding tigra and hercules, Tigra is easy with aegon and few revives, but you have to bait and dex her sp2 cuz her sp1 activates the blue form which is annoying for aegon.

Hercules is easy and fun fight with aegon, but he is little bugged in the third phase as sometimes your actions may not register even if you perform in correct order and his protections are not removed, I did him with aegon in 3 revives.

So no need to bring kate for cap sam and capiw, both can be easily soloed by aegon. Tigra, try to deal as much damage before the root kicks in, I did in like 5-6 revives not bad.

Just bring a airwalker counter, and make sure you are good at dexing apocalypse and nova specials. I think you can bring abs man and handle airwalker and apoc.

And yeah, Aegon is insanely op against gm, I just went in 40% health, and managed to reduce gm's health to 20%, then another revive to 1% nd prof x did the rest. This was even cheaper than my all act 6 gm runs.
  • Options
    Bring Aegon (with Shuri)

Emilia90 said:

I don’t think there’s much need to ramp Aegon on this path and spend a little more. If you have resources to spare, go for it, but I’d just do Kate and Shuri. Air Walker isn’t much harder with Kate this lane if you heal up. You can also practice spacing on the Mr. F path and you won’t take much damage

The indestructible node only makes nova and dragon man a little more annoying with Kate, but once you get your effects up, they won’t even be dashing forward much (especially after the root).

GM is probably going to be your only pain point with Kate though. Aegon is definitely better for him

I tried mr F from kate and the spacing stuff is annoying and just not worth your time
    imo
  • Options
    Bring Aegon (with Shuri)
    @Polygon also I like to hear how was your kate run in sauron path? Which team you used and the difficult fights/who u used for storm x?
  • Options
    Bring Aegon (with Shuri)

I feel nice knowing airwalker gives trouble for everyone who used aegon, and not just me.
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 898 ★★★★
    Bring Kate (with Shuri)
    I did it in under 30 revs with kate, r4 shuri, r4 namor, chavez, and Wiccan.

I only used namor for attuma and did it in 3 revs and kate worked for almost the entire lane, soloing Mr f, air walker, Wiccan, tigra, cap sam, dragon man, and cap iw
  • Options
    Bring Aegon (with Shuri)

I only used namor for attuma and did it in 3 revs and kate worked for almost the entire lane, soloing Mr f, air walker, Wiccan, tigra, cap sam, dragon man, and cap iw

You should've dropped namor, I did attuma with r4 shuri in 2 revs, shuri is built for that fight.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I bought both…ramped up aegon on namor dealing 0 damage but i easily banked 999 in a few revives
    Kate,shuri, chavez(for kate synergy)and hiemdal completed the team.
    And then i used kate for airwalker,cap sam,cap iw,dm and nova and aegon for herc and gm
  • Options

@Polygon also I like to hear how was your kate run in sauron path? Which team you used and the difficult fights/who u used for storm x?

Be warned the first thing I'm going to tell you is if the GM fight is still bugged, you will have to rely on Juggernaut and relic for damage in phase 3. Besides that the path wasn't too hard. I did sauron and HM in 1 revive , for sauron get cold snap then 3 fragility then 2 cold snap . For HM, spam coldsnap and get into a habit of playing aggressive in the corner, don't worry about refreshing your debuffs just punish his sp1 and throw specials again. I used Shuri for Chavez and it was more annoying than the other 2 before it. AW is an easy solo, the other shared fights of that section I used Shuri. Misty was very easy with Kate once you figure out how to play her, even the silver surfer was harder (his burst damage on top of his hits make him hit hard). I used 5 star ascended Ronan for storm like 4-5 revives . Nova was annoying with the node and his long reach medium , just make sure to play around the node . For section 2 one strategy is to use the sp2 and heavy right before the stun ends to wait out the timer. Beroman has a stream using Kate for some of the fights and there's a reddit guide for using Kate on all of them. Hope that helps
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 898 ★★★★
    Bring Kate (with Shuri)

You should've dropped namor, I did attuma with r4 shuri in 2 revs, shuri is built for that fight.
    Namor was just for funzies tbh, I miss getting to cheese everything with him 😂
  • Options
    Bring Aegon (with Shuri)

Namor? Even I soloed attuma with Shuri.
  • Options
    Bring Aegon (with Shuri)

I feel nice knowing airwalker gives trouble for everyone who used aegon, and not just me.
    It was brutal. I love abs man so I might bring him for the last one.

I thought apoc was easy with Shuri once I realized he's unstunnable at 4 prowess - but tigra was just awful. I never knew when my true accuracy would bypass miss , and even then I'd get wrecked by her specials at some point.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

This was my original plan, but after the Sauron path I am still traumatized after facing GM with that bug that he didn't throw specials. Aegon would've saved a ton of revives there. Plus he'd make things a lot easier against Hercules

So I'm leaning on either going full Aegon / Shuri but Air Walker sounds like a pain .

Alternatively the other thing I was considering was both Aegon and Kate and ramping Aegon on Namor like @SidDDragon said. Mainly so Kate can do air walker cheap, but also do Tigra. Only downside is dropping heimdal and proxima to fit Kate and chavez

Does anyone know if you can do the sp3 spam cycle with Aegon against Air Walker? The strategy people used against Silver Centurion
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,735 ★★★★★
    Bring Kate (with Shuri)
    If you are good with Kate just use her, as she'll save way more revives. Plus Kate can take Herc pretty well if you just counter his specials with ur heavy to refresh debuffs, or use a striker.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    edited January 21
    Bring Kate (with Shuri)

For god's sake, if you bring aegon with shuri, bring a air walker counter.
    Aegon is worst against him combined with trap node, airwalker alone costed me 20 revives.

For an aegon shuri team, apocalypse and airwalker is tough. I spent 20 and 12 revives on them. You have 7* shuri so she works fine I guess. Bring someone for airwalker, I believe abs man can handle both air walker and apocalypse, and preferably nova. Nova is not bad but annoying with that indestructible.

In the second path, I managed to solo capiw and 1 revive for cap sam, both have easy specials to dex on root, dragonman is easy with shuri as well.

Regarding tigra and hercules, Tigra is easy with aegon and few revives, but you have to bait and dex her sp2 cuz her sp1 activates the blue form which is annoying for aegon.

Hercules is easy and fun fight with aegon, but he is little bugged in the third phase as sometimes your actions may not register even if you perform in correct order and his protections are not removed, I did him with aegon in 3 revives.

So no need to bring kate for cap sam and capiw, both can be easily soloed by aegon. Tigra, try to deal as much damage before the root kicks in, I did in like 5-6 revives not bad.

Just bring a airwalker counter, and make sure you are good at dexing apocalypse and nova specials. I think you can bring abs man and handle airwalker and apoc.

And yeah, Aegon is insanely op against gm, I just went in 40% health, and managed to reduce gm's health to 20%, then another revive to 1% nd prof x did the rest. This was even cheaper than my all act 6 gm runs.

kate is an airwalker counter...easy solo every time and can take every fight that aegon can take (except herc, used abs+kate for him it was chill)

edit: for reference, I used 26 revives on the whole path or smth like that which is almost as much as aegon v airwalker fight for basically about everyone I've heard.