Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Why is Glory capped?

Perhaps I’m confused, but it seems that Glory is the only resource that has a cap (15,000) and excess can’t be stored. This is rather annoying, especially in light of Raids that give 2500-3500 Glory per milestone. In addition, most of the items in the Glory store have limits on #/time and so it’s forcing us to buy **** we don’t need just to spend Glory in order to claim the Raid rewards that only last ~6 days before expiry.

It seems purely punitive/greedy and/or lazy for there to be any caps on resources when excess can’t be stored/sold. And it seems like a very simple fix.

I would be grateful if someone from Kabam could explain why Glory has a cap that is so low, and why excess can’t be stored if there is a cap. Or better yet, assurance that it was an oversight that is actively being resolved. If anyone has theories of why, or doesn’t agree that it’s an issue, or if you too are frustrated, please comment!

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy_ChnchilaJimmy_Chnchila Posts: 63
    Maybe someone could calculate how much Glory it would take to buy out the store…
  • Options

The raids milestones are a bug and not intended.

Other currencies have caps as well though much higher, incursions artifacts are 500k and bg trophy tokens are 150k.

I didn’t realize there were other caps, maybe cuz it would take so long to reach them. So do you agree the Glory cap should be raised?
  • Options

So a) the glory milestones are supposed to be peak milestones, like normal; being able to claim all of them was a bug that Kabam let stand. b) having the cap encourages people to use their glory now, instead of hoarding until you hit the next story milestone and then immediately taking 3-4 champs up to the next available rank immediately.

Ok thanks I didn’t know was a bug! I still don’t understand the “encouraging to spend now” at all though. The only logic I can think of that would explain that would be if they want to limit our ability to purchase rank/level up materials with resources earned in game (free) so we have to use Units (able to purchase with money) as well. Half the stuff in the Glory store is worthless to higher level players, so it would be nice to have high level items we could save up for, like with Loyalty.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    There shouldn't be a cap
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 559 ★★★
    Keeps people needing to come back to do AQ rather than skip a week or more.
  • Options
    edited January 21

Y’all just a bunch of haters. Probably jelly

Yes me and my family and neighbours all hate you. Deal with it.
    I find it odd you interpreted “y’all” to mean you personally as well as your family and neighbors, instead of perhaps the MCOC gaming community members who were disagreeing with my opinion on this forum. Context buddy. And “haters” is a slang term from the early 2000s that means people who harbor unfounded anger or jealousy towards another person. Cultural context buddy.
  • Options
    @laserjohn26 dude none of that applies, it’s not an open market. It’s an imaginary market created by a company for profit. They control the supply and demand. I understand simple economics, inflation and purchasing power in the context for which they’re applicable. The models you reference are based on a set of assumptions, one being the assumption of Ceteris Paribus, which is not applicable here. All things aren’t otherwise held equal, the company can modify relative values on a whim.
  • Options
    Mic drop.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Is this what the kids call clapping back?

Anyways, you're king of this weekend thread. All hail your your take on no cap.

Also what kids say, i hear.
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 311 ★★
    edited January 21

Perhaps I’m confused, but it seems that Glory is the only resource that has a cap (15,000) and excess can’t be stored. This is rather annoying, especially in light of Raids that give 2500-3500 Glory per milestone. In addition, most of the items in the Glory store have limits on #/time and so it’s forcing us to buy **** we don’t need just to spend Glory in order to claim the Raid rewards that only last ~6 days before expiry.

It seems purely punitive/greedy and/or lazy for there to be any caps on resources when excess can’t be stored/sold. And it seems like a very simple fix.

I would be grateful if someone from Kabam could explain why Glory has a cap that is so low, and why excess can’t be stored if there is a cap. Or better yet, assurance that it was an oversight that is actively being resolved. If anyone has theories of why, or doesn’t agree that it’s an issue, or if you too are frustrated, please comment!

Not only glory. Same thing with incursion artifact and elders marks too. Incursion artifact has cap of 500k and excess won't go in stash. Elders marks has 9000 it also doesn't go stash too. We have to take care of these limits and spend them before it reaches to cap.

And I don't get it why glory shouldn't have the cap. There are some rules made by kabam you can't store some item more than its limits. Glory has low limit because we can only get max 10-11k glory per week if you are in top 100k alliance. And limit is way more that this.

Everyone got around 40k glory due to that bug. So we are talking about the glory cap but don't forget from next week you will get only glory peak milestone and rank reward that hardly would be 5-6k.

Spend your excess glory on raid tickets that's why kabam gives you and didn't take back otherwise kabam had full right to take all the glory back from every account.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,251 ★★★★★

I find it odd you interpreted “y’all” to mean you personally as well as your family and neighbors, instead of perhaps the MCOC gaming community members who were disagreeing with my opinion on this forum. Context buddy. And “haters” is a slang term from the early 2000s that means people who harbor unfounded anger or jealousy towards another person. Cultural context buddy.
    Calling everyone hater for disagreeing to your opinion, one of the most common rant commented by adults in forums. Ofcourse everyone is jealous of you doing raids lol. (It's not a raid bug, it's a peak milestone bug for anyone who is doing AQ gets the bugged glory)
    No culture needed to hate on you, Your success make everyone jealous. You got that right when you made that comment.
    My dogs and neighbours pets also hates you.
    Deal with it!
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,217 ★★★★★
    Because it normally takes 3-4 weeks to reach glory cap. And by then you would have bought things in the store and they would reset.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,397 ★★★★★

That's so helpful.

Can you explain the term "mansplaining" now, too?

With your "I-just-learned-this-in-business-college" Latin quotes, you're definitely covering up the facts that you (a) didn't do your research about other currency caps, and (b) astonishingly, failed to understand that no, you weren't supposed to get 40,000 Glory for running Raids a single time.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm certainly convinced by your economics expertise.

Kabam should get in touch to outline their reasons for the Glory Cap, which will definitely be a longer explanation than "So that you have to spend it, doofus!"
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 628 ★★★
    They dont like when players save stuff
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,151 ★★★★★
    I'm ok with glory cap, but why prices in glory store are not stable and increase upon each purchase.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,498 ★★★★

@laserjohn26 dude none of that applies, it’s not an open market. It’s an imaginary market created by a company for profit. They control the supply and demand. I understand simple economics, inflation and purchasing power in the context for which they’re applicable. The models you reference are based on a set of assumptions, one being the assumption of Ceteris Paribus, which is not applicable here. All things aren’t otherwise held equal, the company can modify relative values on a whim.

And you went from not understanding economics to being an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect seamlessly. Congratulations.
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 114

I’m just baffled people would disagree. Why would anyone defend there being such a low cap? How does it help you? I’m requesting a change that would help everyone and hurt no one, yet some people are like “no I like having a low cap and being forced to buy stuff I don’t need”.

It's because you don't understand simple economics, inflation, or purchasing power. The more glory you can hoard the less it will be worth and the more expensive things will be in future store updates. It would get to the point where glory would be so worthless they would have to introduce a new currency. The glory cap is one of the best things in the game for the players. Without a limit this would happen.

I really don't even have much compared to other long time players because I use them for arena boosts every week. There will never ever be anything useful to buy with those again

I’m just baffled people would disagree. Why would anyone defend there being such a low cap? How does it help you? I’m requesting a change that would help everyone and hurt no one, yet some people are like “no I like having a low cap and being forced to buy stuff I don’t need”.

It's because you don't understand simple economics, inflation, or purchasing power. The more glory you can hoard the less it will be worth and the more expensive things will be in future store updates. It would get to the point where glory would be so worthless they would have to introduce a new currency. The glory cap is one of the best things in the game for the players. Without a limit this would happen.

I really don't even have much compared to other long time players because I use them for arena boosts every week. There will never ever be anything useful to buy with those again
    Are all of your 2* - 5* max sig? If not, why not use all that loyalty to max them out?
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 114
    Not sure why that double quoted and I meant all that solo, lol … guess I am still half asleep this morning