Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Final Necropolis Path Help

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,918 ★★★★★
I’ve made a few posts asking for help from forum members who’ve tackled the Necropolis, and I’m happy to say that I just have one path left now! Kinda feels good to almost have endgame content done within a couple months of release

I managed to take the Jubilee-Kitty path pretty well with Kate/Guilly 2099, and now I’m down to the power detonation path. I’ve already tried Roblin with Kate and it’s a pretty simple fight, but I’m worried about Kraven/Nimrod/Purgatory. I watched a bunch of YouTubers do this path, but they either Aegon smashed their way through it, or used Shuri for Nimrod/Purg. Unfortunately, I don’t have a 7* Shuri and I definitely think that the 6* r4 would be extremely impractical to bring

Can Kate take all 3? I know nimrod should be possible with her, but the unstoppable would make it hard to keep her effects refreshed. On top of that, Purgatory seems to have a lot of pushback on her sp1 and 2 that would make the fight a bit of a pain to do with Kate. I’d just smash through it if I had the resources, but I’m budgeting just enough revives like I did for the last 2 paths.

I was planning on bringing 2099/Kate/Chavez/Abs/Juggs

TLDR;
Not using Aegon and no 7* Shuri so who do I use for Nimrod/Kraven/Purgatory? Would Kate do these fights cheap?

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,106 ★★★★★
    In all seriousness I think Kate can do those. J dont remember everything about the fights though so I might be missing something
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

In all seriousness I think Kate can do those. J dont remember everything about the fights though so I might be missing something

Nimrod is just a big nimrod, but he has unstoppable so I wasn’t sure if I could keep the effects refreshed. Kraven has the double trap, but I don’t know if I can set up Tranq and Fragility on him reliably cause he has some sort of debuff shrugging ability
  • Options
    MordjaMordja Posts: 6
    That's the path I did for completion with a r4 Kate (wanted the 4-5 gem for her so the other paths would be easier).
    I personally used Kate/Abs/Doom/Chavez/Wicaan (Chavez for synergy and Wicaan for the GM).
    Doom for Kraven, SC.

Use Abs for Knull/Purgatory (Had some team revives so tested out the team on purgatory, abs man was the best for me)
    Kate on the rest (apart from Spider Man Supreme, just used everyone there. Didn't have Juggs ranked up or as a 7*, otherwise would have taken him instead of Wicaan for that fight + GM).
    Nimrod is mildly annoying if the AI is not throwing specials but it can go pretty well, just not as smooth as some of the other Kate fights.

Beroman has a livestream of the path and used kate for the majority of it if you wanted some idea of what spacings look like for certain fights.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,182 ★★★★★
    I went in that path with kate as mvp, only annoying fight is spidy99 with those resistances.

Don't expect to solo nimrod or kraven, Rather just get in start with coldsnaps and brute force with kate (Not a big deal), they took 5 revives each for me, but you can do it in 3.
    Purgatory is easy matchup for kate, Although I used Aegon for her, I do believe quick silver is going to be more annoying for kate.

Kate is way better than aegon in first half, You don't need to deal with annoying power detonation most of the time.

If you have Aegon I do recommend bringing him as side champ instead of abs, He helps a lot in second section, and great against grandmaster as well.

Good luck.
  • Options
    @Emilia90 I'm going for sauron surfer path with kate and aegon, Any tips? Can Aegon take that annoying storm x? Will the chavez fight is going to be hell (I fully expect to).
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Just say you smashed it with Aegon lol.
  • Options
    Mordja said:

That's the path I did for completion with a r4 Kate (wanted the 4-5 gem for her so the other paths would be easier).
    I personally used Kate/Abs/Doom/Chavez/Wicaan (Chavez for synergy and Wicaan for the GM).
    Doom for Kraven, SC.

Use Abs for Knull/Purgatory (Had some team revives so tested out the team on purgatory, abs man was the best for me)
    Kate on the rest (apart from Spider Man Supreme, just used everyone there. Didn't have Juggs ranked up or as a 7*, otherwise would have taken him instead of Wicaan for that fight + GM).
    Nimrod is mildly annoying if the AI is not throwing specials but it can go pretty well, just not as smooth as some of the other Kate fights.

Beroman has a livestream of the path and used kate for the majority of it if you wanted some idea of what spacings look like for certain fights.

Doom worked well for you against kraven? My doom just Sucked against him I ended up using kate/Aegon against him.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 268 ★★★
    Wong can tank the power detonation and heal back up on some of the fights.

Abs man does purgatory really well and you probably want him for the knull as well.
  • Options
    Mordja said:

Doom for Kraven, SC.

Thanks I’ll check out his stream! I’ll use 2099 for SC and I’m thinking that she could potentially put in work against kraven if I ramp her on RG. Might try her out for purgatory too if I don’t just Kate through it. How many revives did you end up using with r4 Kate?
  • Options
    edited January 25

@Emilia90 I'm going for sauron surfer path with kate and aegon, Any tips? Can Aegon take that annoying storm x? Will the chavez fight is going to be hell (I fully expect to).

Aegon can take storm X, it’ll just be a longer fight. Kate can solo Chavez if you play it perfectly and time your knockdowns around her dimension gaining, but she’s very annoying cause of her AI. Should be around 3-4 revives if the AI doesn’t cooperate. It’s just standard Kate stuff but applying the coldsnap first to stop the evade. I think she can potentially solo every fight other than storm

And thanks for the advice! I might practice on kraven a few times with Kate until I get a run I’m happy with
  • Options
    Kappa2g said:

Wong can tank the power detonation and heal back up on some of the fights.

Abs man does purgatory really well and you probably want him for the knull as well.

Yeah I’ll take Abs for those 2. Sadly don’t have Wong, so I’ll probably stick with the current squad
  • Options
    edited January 25
    Emilia90 said:

Aegon can take storm X, it’ll just be a longer fight. Kate can solo Chavez if you play it perfectly and time your knockdowns around her dimension gaining, but she’s very annoying cause of her AI. Should be around 3-4 revives if the AI doesn’t cooperate. It’s just standard Kate stuff but applying the coldsnap first to stop the evade. I think she can potentially solo every fight other than storm

And thanks for the advice! I might practice on kraven a few times with Kate until I get a run I’m happy with
    Maybe for yourself I ended up 8 revives for chavez *****. Hope the rest will be easier.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,253 ★★★★
    This was my 2nd path with r4 ascended aegon so I could r5 him and it was painful. I think kate is your best option like earlier comments said.

That aside I do wabt to mention shuri as a r4 6 star. I only have experience with her on path for namor and attuma but holy moly she delivers. Fully boosted I did namor in 3 revives and attuma in 5 or 6. She impressed me so much I chose her from the selector upon exploration. I don't know how useful she is for the roblin path but just wanted to share this experience to help you decide.
  • Options

Mordja said:

Doom for Kraven, SC.

Doom worked well for you against kraven? My doom just Sucked against him I ended up using kate/Aegon against him.
    Yeah, just doom cycled him, pretty much didn't let go of block and reparried and he didn't throw a single special - think SC only threw one in that fight. Both were 1 revive I think.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Mordja said:

Doom for Kraven, SC.

Thanks I’ll check out his stream! I’ll use 2099 for SC and I’m thinking that she could potentially put in work against kraven if I ramp her on RG. Might try her out for purgatory too if I don’t just Kate through it. How many revives did you end up using with r4 Kate?
    Unfortunately didn't track the revives completely. From what I can remember:

SC/Kraven 1 revive each (Doom)
    Can't remember Spider Man Supreme/Purgatory/Knull revives exactly but not that bad. With Knull, just take the block damage at times if you need to to bait sp2s, take sp1s to the face if he throws it, you regen it back up anyway for the most part.

Kate Fights:
    Red Goblin/Sunspot/Elsa/Sandman solos.
    Squirrel girl/Quicksilver/Shocker took like 2 revives to get them down to around 90%/get used to the fight and then solo from there.

Nimrod/Spidey2099 can't remember at all but these two are the only fights that I felt an r5 would have been better for. The setup on Nimrod would sometimes fall off if he threw an SP2 w unstoppable. Definitely can be played better but more damage would have been nice just so you don't have to rely on a perfect run. S2099 was easy enough, but your damage gets reduced by a fair bit so takes some revives.
  • Options

This was my 2nd path with r4 ascended aegon so I could r5 him and it was painful. I think kate is your best option like earlier comments said.

That aside I do wabt to mention shuri as a r4 6 star. I only have experience with her on path for namor and attuma but holy moly she delivers. Fully boosted I did namor in 3 revives and attuma in 5 or 6. She impressed me so much I chose her from the selector upon exploration. I don't know how useful she is for the roblin path but just wanted to share this experience to help you decide.

I just pulled her as a 7* and now I’m torn on what to do haha. Super happy but I need to decide if I want to drop someone to bring her along