**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is 7* Wiccan a good pool?

Just got 7* Wiccan. Is he a good 7* champ?

Comments

• Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 848 ★★★★
    edited February 18
    I'd never played Wiccan much before I got the 7*. He's a nice champ, there's quite a bit of utility in his kit as well.

Congrats.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,758 ★★★★★
    I love him. I have him at r3, no regrets. He does benefit a lot from being awakened since it allows him to place degens on the opponent if they are immune to his shock debuffs, but he's still a very good champ unawakened. He just becomes a lot more versatile when awakened. He's one of my favorite Korg counters, for example.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 813 ★★★
    Yes he is awesome
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 901 ★★★
    He is a good dust counter as well as reverse control immune. So good for Gwenmaster, Grandmaster and this month’s Ultron fight in Paragon Gauntlet (although I used Titania because I need to learn how to fight with delirium node).
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,960 ★★★★★
    SammyDe said:

He is a good dust counter as well as reverse control immune. So good for Gwenmaster, Grandmaster and this month’s Ultron fight in Paragon Gauntlet (although I used Titania because I need to learn how to fight with delirium node).

He is a very bad counter to this month ultron. Ultron shrugs of his incenerate and shock, and regenerate from his energy attacks
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    Wiccanpool?

It's probably only a matter of time ...
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    SammyDe said:

He is a good dust counter as well as reverse control forimmune. So good for Gwenmaster, Grandmaster and this month’s Ultron fight in Paragon Gauntlet (although I used Titania because I need to learn how to fight with delirium node).

How do you find him a Dust counter?

I mean, I guess he can work; since he can inflict Incinerate. But until he's Awakened (and the OP only just got him), he can't bypass Dust's Shock immunity to inflict Degeneration or Plasma.

More importantly, Dust's damage is all Physical; and Wiccan has negative Physical resistance, so he gets pretty effectively obliterated during Sandstorm.

He then can't Regenerate all that Sandstorm damage with an SP1 (which he could, against Terrax, for example) because his Regeneration ability is only enhanced to recover Energy damage, not Physical damage.

I mean, he's a good pull, no doubt. But unless there's something I've missed, Dust doesn't seem like one of his better match-ups.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,960 ★★★★★

SammyDe said:

He is a good dust counter as well as reverse control forimmune. So good for Gwenmaster, Grandmaster and this month’s Ultron fight in Paragon Gauntlet (although I used Titania because I need to learn how to fight with delirium node).

I mean, I guess he can work; since he can inflict Incinerate. But until he's Awakened (and the OP only just got him), he can't bypass Dust's Shock immunity to inflict Degeneration or Plasma.

More importantly, Dust's damage is all Physical; and Wiccan has negative Physical resistance, so he gets pretty effectively obliterated during Sandstorm.

He then can't Regenerate all that Sandstorm damage with an SP1 (which he could, against Terrax, for example) because his Regeneration ability is only enhanced to recover Energy damage, not Physical damage.

I mean, he's a good pull, no doubt. But unless there's something I've missed, Dust doesn't seem like one of his better match-ups.
    He can inflict incenerates reliably and more often, so can keep sandstorm in check. Dust is pretty easy with any champ who inflicts a lot of incenerates frequently
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,758 ★★★★★

SammyDe said:

I went into my first Dust fight thinking just like that, and just brought him in to see how she worked. I expected to get knocked out quickly and to then go in with my actual counters.

I ended up soloing the fight with very little issue. I took some damage but honestly not that much. I didn't understand why everyone thought she was such a hard boss/defender in general. But then I tried with another champion on my next try and only barely squeezed out a solo with my health in the low single digits.

Now, my Wiccan is r3 and awakened (and has extra physical resistance thanks to stat focus), but still. I have no idea how Dust works aside from what has been mentioned in this thread but he was both resilient to pretty much everything she threw at him and nuked her down fairly quickly.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 372 ★★★
    He's phenomenal!! Congrats!!
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    A bit to squishy for my tastes but still useful