**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which champions could benefit from this?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,971 ★★★★
So The Serpent is a ramp up champ, he is meant for those long fights like Abyss or Necro. But there is also this which is unique to just him

So in BGs, he starts with 4 culforce, helping him ramp up faster.
I wonder which champions could benefit from this ability in their kit? Morningstar could benefit from this for example, like start with extra souls in BGs, but who else?

Comments

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,473 ★★★
    Corvus definitely. I had an idea on how this could work without being too broken. Against people he would gain charges against when defeating, he gains the charges once intercepting 5 times or smth. For ppl where you can get 2 charges, you have to do 2 stuff like maybe intercept x times and parry x times (not including autoblock and evade cuz thats not a problem rn). We could also go another route similar to shang chi with perfect block and dex getting you charges, with a cooldown of maybe 10 secs for another charge
  • Options
    @JLordVileJ Or maybe in Battlegrounds, start with 2 charges
  • Options
    @JT_Supreme Yeah like if you start with 3 genetic code at the start of a BG match.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,169 ★★★★★
    My boy cull
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 769 ★★★★
    Apocalypse and Cull were my first thoughts. Red Goblin also comes to mind.

I thought this was the kind of thing relics were going to do. A relic that could grant X persistent charges to a champ would be cool.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,357 ★★★★★
    Maw, he would finally have a chance to shine on attack if he started with 4 persistent charges. +40% duration on his sp2 degens makes a pretty noticeable difference.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,039 ★★★★★
    I actually planned to made a post on this.

Corvus is the ideal champ to get benefit from this. He should start with 1 charges, preferably avengers mission challenge. Then he can counter those pesky avenger defenders (photon, looking at you)
  • Options

Maw, he would finally have a chance to shine on attack if he started with 4 persistent charges. +40% duration on his sp2 degens makes a pretty noticeable difference.

How much of a difference does it make?
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,357 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

How much of a difference does it make?
    Each sp2 degen lasts for 4 seconds, he applies 9 of them when timed properly with the falter. If you have four persistent charges (+10% duration for each persistent charge) each degen will instead last for 5.6 seconds so you get almost 2 extra seconds of damage which is really the only thing the 7* needs to close out a BGs length fight.

As a side note, each persistent charge also reduces fury effects by 25% so at four, you reduce fury effects by 100%. He would've been great for the current VT meta if he started with four charges.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,697 ★★★★★
    Can I have a couple of hundred persistent combo for Aegon please?

Also, It would be sweet if proxima started with all the missions active except parry.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 853 ★★★★
    It's an interesting addition to a kit, not just because it specifically mentions a game mode but also because it implies that he needs a ramp up to be effective in that mode as an Attacker.

I wonder how much it would imbalance BG if certain champions that have a really long ramp up (eg multiple Special Attacks) would start with a passive power gain giving a bar of power over the first 15 seconds of the fight or something? It might make more champions viable as attackers.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 ★★★★★
    As a veteran player of the game, I’ve been saying for awhile that Morningstar has the potential to be a banger mystic champ if they gave her a slight tune up regarding her rampup. This could be one way of doing it
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 769 ★★★★
    Chobbly said:

It's an interesting addition to a kit, not just because it specifically mentions a game mode but also because it implies that he needs a ramp up to be effective in that mode as an Attacker.

I wonder how much it would imbalance BG if certain champions that have a really long ramp up (eg multiple Special Attacks) would start with a passive power gain giving a bar of power over the first 15 seconds of the fight or something? It might make more champions viable as attackers.

That would be an interesting meta: Attackers start with 1.5 bars of power. It would definitely change some things for some champs.

Or, like Serpent, a full BG meta that adds X persistent charges to attackers and/or defenders.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,039 ★★★★★

Chobbly said:

That would be an interesting meta: Attackers start with 1.5 bars of power. It would definitely change some things for some champs.

Or, like Serpent, a full BG meta that adds X persistent charges to attackers and/or defenders.
    Yes my sunspot clears matches in 10 seconds 😈
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 444 ★★★
    Any champ that needs ramp up would benefit.
    Issue is many of those champs where created long before BGs. I'm guessing Serpent was targeted to shine in BGs, future ramp ups champs might not be.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

As a veteran player of the game, I’ve been saying for awhile that Morningstar has the potential to be a banger mystic champ if they gave her a slight tune up regarding her rampup. This could be one way of doing it

That would be great.
    Morningstar is still somewhat useful nowadays against champions with buffs like Gorr, however she’d obviously be better if she started with additional souls in battlegrounds.
    https://youtu.be/pqtAeQ7myeE?si=iJXJq2fGVj_xMQL8