AW S28 Rewards Buff/Nerf?

MarsTheMartianMarsTheMartian Member Posts: 10
Hello all,

I recently went into the new seasons of AW and went to see how the rewards would be structured for the new season and I did see that the structure has been changed and rewards have changed, but to my disappointment I think they're even worse than before.

I'm speaking on behalf of alliances that finish between Platinum 1 and Masters top 10. I feel that rewards are criminal, especially when you see the meta for the new season, arguably one of the worst metas ever from my memory.

When I go into these rewards I see 0 regular 7* shards, between 1k-6k 7* Titan shards, 20 random 5% T6CC crystals (I mean that is just laughable, at least make them selectors, not random), 2-3 6* Nexus selectors, 3 25% T5CC for PLAT 1????? and 3 x 25% selector for T6CC for Masters, which isn't as bad but still very underwhelming when you consider its MASTERS...

We are supposed to be transitioning from 6*s to 7*s, I cannot wrap my head around why KABAM would release a rewards structure where there is no regular 7* shards, why remove it? it was in the old season rewards??

People who finish PLAT1 and above, I'd even argue any alliance finishing in the Platinum bracket have 0 use for a 6* Nexus, most accounts have every or close to every 6* basic champion, we need 7* shards to build our 7* rosters.

Hopefully they change this because I really don't see how this AW season could even be worth the effort, when you see how difficult the meta is coupled with these terrible rewards.

Comments

• laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    You heard the one about the old lady with a Virginia Ham under one arm complaining because she doesn't have any bread?
  • MarsTheMartianMarsTheMartian Member Posts: 10

You heard the one about the old lady with a Virginia Ham under one arm complaining because she doesn't have any bread?

This would make sense if the bread was in her possession but was taken away. I'm asking why 7* shards were removed from rewards, I'm not asking for something we have never had to be added to the rewards.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,094 ★★★★★
    No hope, considering Kabam just did their regular (half yearly) war reward buff, which was only for top-20 Alliance

Maybe perhaps after August, Kabam will overhaul some decent war reward for month long struggle for all brackets and not just, top-20
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 808 ★★★★
    7* shard rewards have been replaced with those crystal shatter tokens. You can trade 1 of those tokens for 1k 7* shards.
    Or you can save 15 of them and buy the loyalty 7* crystal.( if you want someone in that pool).
    Those go down to Plat6. Kabam didn't remove 7* shards, they just created a system where you can choose to go for basic 7* crystals or the 7* loyalty crystal
  • MarsTheMartianMarsTheMartian Member Posts: 10
    Crys23 said:

7* shard rewards have been replaced with those crystal shatter tokens. You can trade 1 of those tokens for 1k 7* shards.
    Or you can save 15 of them and buy the loyalty 7* crystal.( if you want someone in that pool).
    Those go down to Plat6. Kabam didn't remove 7* shards, they just created a system where you can choose to go for basic 7* crystals or the 7* loyalty crystal

Okay that makes more sense. I saw that you can hold a max of 100, so I thought you'd need a lot of them to get a crystal. Thanks for clarifying.