**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why only armor up buffs against Havok?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,941 ★★★★
edited March 25 in General Discussion
Armor up buffs and passives are practically the same, but passives aren’t affected by anti buff effects (nullify, neutralize, stagger, fate seal) or nodes (buffet). Other than that they do the same.

So I wondered why you need armor up buffs to counter havok and why don’t armor up passives don’t work. Was this an attempt to limit the amount of Havok counters in the contest?

Comments

• Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    I'm not entirely sure that Armour Passives were really a thing at the time, back then buffs were buffs were buffs, and passives were pretty sparingly used. Maybe that's all it was?
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

So you can laugh when people try to Shuri a Havok

I’ve seen and tried that before, it’s a 20 maybe even 15 second fight
  • Options

I'm not entirely sure that Armour Passives were really a thing at the time, back then buffs were buffs were buffs, and passives were pretty sparingly used. Maybe that's all it was?

Sentinel and Iron Man Infinity War have passives
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,956 ★★★★★
    edited March 25
    Ok let me tell you.

When havok was introduced in 2019 feb, IMIW was like the best tech champ next to ghost.

Imiw is a good attacker and pain in the pass defender, and people spammed him everywhere, think him of like onslaught, a near perfect champ. And he does energy dmg+applies shocks and plasma. And, his armor up is passive.

So havok is made in such a way that people actually use underrated champs at that time, like doctor octopus, to beat him, As tech bangers like ghost, sparky and imiw don't have armor up buffs.

And thanks to havok, almost every tech bangers released after him, from warlock to ironheart, all got some sort of armor up buff. Idk how shuri missed it but it was it is.

Tldr : armor up passives don't count so imiw can't counter him at the time of his release.
  • Options

Ok let me tell you.

When havok was introduced in 2019 feb, IMIW was like the best tech champ next to ghost.

Imiw is a good attacker and pain in the pass defender, and people spammed him everywhere, think him of like onslaught, a near perfect champ. And he does energy dmg+applies shocks and plasma. And, his armor up is passive.

So havok is made in such a way that people actually use underrated champs at that time, like doctor octopus, to beat him, As tech bangers like ghost, sparky and imiw don't have armor up buffs.

And thanks to havok, almost every tech bangers released after him, from warlock to ironheart, all got some sort of armor up buff. Idk whow shuri missed it but it was it is.

Tldr : armor up passives don't count so imiw can't counter him at the time of his release.

They probably wanted to protect Shuri from mystics, she’s also immune to the dexterity buff
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Sentinel and Iron Man Infinity War have passives
    Ah of course, thanks!