**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Spider punk animations

Sufficed to say I'm glad to be wrong about spider punk not using spiderverse animations. Art team must have true sense cause they don't miss

https://x.com/MarvelChampions/status/1773047490943537173?s=20

Comments

• Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,142 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Jax I blame you for this whole Spider Punk tomfoolery!!!!!

I REALLY didn't want another Spider Man champ in the game, BUT after seeing what he looks like, and those in game animations.... Art Team......... :neutral:

• Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 543 ★★★
    They're sooooooooo GOOD!! Art team popped off more than usual with Spider-Punk!

I also noticed he has a counterattack which is always nice to see in a champion's kit.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I just had to have a sit down with my wallet apologizing for what might happen to it in the near future

Definitely trying to cram in a few extra billable hours right now for this. I’m not proud of what’s going to happen here
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Common animation team W
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,943 ★★★★
    Another Bullseye like counter evade ability?
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Another Bullseye like counter evade ability?

Nah, that’s for sure an evade on parry like Elsa and Kate Bishop have.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    What’s that thing that Jax says? “The art team don’t miss”

They absolutely knocked it out the ballpark
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Gotta have Spider-Punk just for the art and animations
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    ART. TEAM. DON'T. MISS!!
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 114 ★★
    Very awesome! This is what I need. While the science roster I currently have is science heavy, Who cares I want the punk rocker
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,174 ★★★★
    Just saw the spider punk video and it's so good. Can't wait to get him.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,654 Guardian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iCkK_vExu0&ab_channel=MCOC.Gladiator
    EdisonLaw said:

Thoughts?

(moved here from Edison's separate thread)

They provided via YouTube for those wanting to watch embedded from YouTube instead of original link via X/Twitter at top here.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    There goes $99.99. Animations are phenomenal.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I'm STOKED that you guys are excited about Spider-Punk's art. We'll be doing a livestream tomorrow (March 28th, 9am PT) and we'll be sitting down and discussing the Art Team's process, using Spider-Punk as an example! Come hang out.

PLEASE tell me you've convinced them somehow to name his special or some synergy "For Jax" or "Jax's Revenge" or something lol
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iCkK_vExu0&ab_channel=MCOC.Gladiator

EdisonLaw said:

Thoughts?

(moved here from Edison's separate thread)

They provided via YouTube for those wanting to watch embedded from YouTube instead of original link via X/Twitter at top here.
    Thanks for the repost
  • Options
    IggyPopIggyPop Posts: 29
    Kabam Jax said:

I'm STOKED that you guys are excited about Spider-Punk's art. We'll be doing a livestream tomorrow (March 28th, 9am PT) and we'll be sitting down and discussing the Art Team's process, using Spider-Punk as an example! Come hang out.

OMG yes yes yes! I need detailed breakdown of this masterpiece 😍
    I’ve already left my heart felt comment on IG, but I’ll repeat this humble, but what I think could be hella awesome, request.
    Please, please Jax, convince devs to put the music from Punks specials trailer into his in-fight background soundtrack. 🙏🏽 Kicking ass to some hard rock would just elevate this game to cosmic levels 😁
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I just had to have a sit down with my wallet apologizing for what might happen to it in the near future

Hope he's the second champ next month, if 8.4 drops i'm getting valiant and dropping my life savings on that 6* pre release bundle lmao.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,654 Guardian
    Animations are super-flashy.

But, wonder what this is gonna do to those devices that were already borderline in displaying of graphics.
    (ie, things like basic “Beams” not even being visible by a lot of people recently.)
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Hope he's the second champ next month, if 8.4 drops i'm getting valiant and dropping my life savings on that 6* pre release bundle lmao.
    This... is an incredibly smart idea for them to do if they want to make money
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★

Animations are super-flashy.

But, wonder what this is gonna do to those devices that were already borderline in displaying of graphics.
    (ie, things like basic “Beams” not even being visible by a lot of people recently.)

I would assume the devices get phased out of being viable to play the game which i think is valid because the game needs and wants to evolve and if they keep worrying about people playing on the iPhone potato s+ they can't make the game the way they want to
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 191 ★★
    edited March 28
    Wow, Spider Punk looks absolutely AMAZING. They really captured his fantastically chaotic aesthetic from the movie.

I am a huge fan of both Spiderverse movies - I think they are among the best comic book movies ever made. And I have to say, the MCOC team has knocked it out of the park with the other characters they drew from that movie. (Spider ham is another of my favorite characters, both from a gameplay and art perspective; and Peni is fantastic in her own right.)

I'm really really excited for this! The art team deserves major props. I can't wait to see what his kit looks like.
  • Options
    jdschw said:

Wow, Spider Punk looks absolutely AMAZING. They really captured his fantastically chaotic aesthetic from the movie.

I am a huge fan of both Spiderverse movies - I think they are among the best comic book movies ever made. And I have to say, the MCOC team has knocked it out of the park with the other characters they drew from that movie. (Spider ham is another of my favorite characters, both from a gameplay and art perspective; and Peni is fantastic in her own right.)

I'm really really excited for this! The art team deserves major props. I can't wait to see what his kit looks like.

We have a few hints already. There is a possibility that he may be buff immune, or is immune to the dex buff like Silk, and/or has a built in dexterity. He will probably have a lot of debuffs. He also has a parry evade like Kate and Elsa. His specials look insane and the SP2 is gonna be hard to dodge, so maybe stick to the sp1. Best animation however is the SP3.
  • Options
    Ant_WarriorAnt_Warrior Posts: 63
    I'm honestly just not a fan of his lights and maybe mediums?

His light ender is a telelport for some reason and ideally needs a change.

Then for his medium they need to have a flying kick if that's not been seen. It's like his first instinct in fights to start off with one when not swinging his guitar, to which that ideally should be his heavy.

I love him so far but his neutrals are worrying to see if they mess that up.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,014 ★★★★★

I'm honestly just not a fan of his lights and maybe mediums?

His light ender is a telelport for some reason and ideally needs a change.

Then for his medium they need to have a flying kick if that's not been seen. It's like his first instinct in fights to start off with one when not swinging his guitar, to which that ideally should be his heavy.

I love him so far but his neutrals are worrying to see if they mess that up.

Literally complaining about nothing, on god.