**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

An idea to help with the tier 1 alpha problem.

The amount of alphas you need to rank 5*'s is...ridiculous... to say the least.

Here's my reason for saying this.

A 5* at rank 2, is just a bit over a rank 4 4*.
To rank 4 a 4* it takes 1 tier 1 alpha, while it takes 5 tier 1 alphas to rank 2 a 5*, they're almost the same, that health and attack difference should not mean you bump the alpha cost from 1 to 5.

"It's a 5*, they're rarer and are the future."
Sure, but looking at those stats, they're too expensive for such a slight reason.

My solution to this is to reduce the cost it takes to rank them up.

Here's the list:

From 1 to rank 2, it should cost 2-3 tier 1 alphas for 5*'s.

From rank 2 to 3, it should cost 3-4 tier 1 alphas for 5*'s.

From rank 3 to 4, it should cost 5 tier 1 alphas for 5*'s.

From rank 4 to 5, it should cost 6 tier 1 alphas for 5*'s.

Also, the uncollected difficulty should give tier 1 alphas and so should act 5 rewards. With the game leaning more to 5*'s(and pretty much 6*'s), we need more tier 1 alphas, as well as the cost being reduced for ranking up 5*'s.

This right here, in my opinion, is pretty reasonable. I mean isn't it weird that it takes both rank 2 and rank 3 exactly 5 tier 1 alphas when ranking up 5*'s? Doesn't seem right, at all.

To the people who will say it's how it's supposed to be, or deal with it.

It doesn't mean we can't ask for something new, it doesn't mean we don't believe it's unfair.

Please take this into consideration, that free tier 1 alpha from the calendar is nice and all, but doesn't help solve the problem.

Ty for reading.

Comments

• ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Lol why'd I get flagged?
  • FugnastyFugnasty Posts: 115
    Tier 1 alphas are a ridiculous bottleneck right now.
    edited January 2018
    Fugnasty wrote: »
    Tier 1 alphas are a ridiculous bottleneck right now.

Yes, out of everything, tier 1 alphas lol.
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    Lol why'd I get flagged?

There are some losers around that flag anything.

Ah, figured.
    Maybe kabam can let us exchange t2s in our stash for t1s. Since selling t1s gave us t2 frags, why can the reverse not apply.
    Rather than have a situation occur, where stashed t2s expire, let us exchange them.
    Apply it to stashed t2s only? What do u think?

I like that idea, what kabam would have to do is change the value t1 alphas have when selling them. Right now its like 120 fragments? I cant remember right now, but it needs to be increased, because selling a t2a would be more than 50 tier 1 alphas lol.

Again I like the idea, just need kabam to go through with that.
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I think this whole problem is due to antiquated systems that are all over the game. Quest crystals, for example, still give 75 ISO after obtaining them from Act 5.

This t1 alpha is another. When the 5* were introduced, everyone was drowning in alphas. Kabam created a sink for them i.e. 5* champs. Then the AQ rewards got updated but the alpha requirement remains in 5*. It is just Kabam updating one part and not the other one.

Agreed, it's overlooked in my opinion and they don't completely know how to handle it.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Considering the number of T1a's I've had to sell it is crazy that now I'm in constant need of them.

I can see requiring 2 T1a to r2 a 5*, 4 T1a's to R3, and 0 T1a's to R4 since you need T2a's
    Considering the number of T1a's I've had to sell it is crazy that now I'm in constant need of them.

I can see requiring 2 T1a to r2 a 5*, 4 T1a's to R3, and 0 T1a's to R4 since you need T2a's

I like that aswell. Would save tier 1 alpha usage and would help a bit with the problem.