Options

Should mastery swaps permanently be free ?

Why not Kabam ? We already spent 6K+ units unlocking them ?

Should mastery swaps permanently be free ? 60 votes

Yes, they’re your masteries- you should be able to swap them for free constantly.
70% 42 votes
No- Kabam needs the unit revenue.
30% 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    KRANꓘKRANꓘ Posts: 140 ★★
    Yes
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 572 ★★★★
    the cost of masteries is there to force players into a game decision, it's not there to make money.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,205 ★★★★★
    When they are free, I've abused it so much (changing masteries every fight on Tigra Carina's, Carina's challengers, etc). But it does take some of the fun out of it knowing that it's not being done the way it was originally intended.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
    No but they should definitely be fixed!
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 784 ★★★★

When they are free, I've abused it so much (changing masteries every fight on Tigra Carina's, Carina's challengers, etc). But it does take some of the fun out of it knowing that it's not being done the way it was originally intended.

People in T1 or even other high tier players do that pretty often. They even did the same for Necropolis going back and forth between masteries for different fights. YOU were just getting to do it for free. They do it pretty often compared to the ordinary folk, someone like me who hasn't changed his masteries in the past year and a half.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,540 ★★★★★

People in T1 or even other high tier players do that pretty often. They even did the same for Necropolis going back and forth between masteries for different fights. YOU were just getting to do it for free. They do it pretty often compared to the ordinary folk, someone like me who hasn't changed his masteries in the past year and a half.
    I've actually.mads.one called Max Aegon for my last two runs.

But what's with these polls? Asking the players if they want something free? C'mon.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 784 ★★★★
    edited April 10
    I really don't know how I feel about this...on one hand it would be nice to switch between suicide and non suicide masteries without the hassle of spending about 70 units going back and forth.
    On the other hand...seeing how often people would be switching between the mastery trees kabam would lose out on a very VERY big portion of unit revenue.

On one end I see that leveling up masteries isn't free and doing that for 3 mastery trees would cost a very hefty number of units , and maybe they should be able to freely switch between them after ,but on the other end I feel like there should be some sort of cost for switching between these trees since most people here got to level up and setup all mastery trees without any cost ( unless unlocking new mastery using cores).

At the end of the day regardless of public opinion or what we think is right and wrong , kabam will make a choice that suits their interests the best. Since we donot know the logistics of how making something like this free could affect the economy. They're already losing units from high tier players that used to frequently switch masteries with this change and idk if they'll be willing to push any further by making this free
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,540 ★★★★★
    Made one...sheesh...
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    When you think about it, the cost is actually 70 units if you want to switch masteries (willpower remove, recoils on off, some tuning up) and return back to what you regularly use.

I think 35 units per back and forth is reasonable, 70 is not.

• Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 572 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

When you think about it, the cost is actually 70 units if you want to switch masteries (willpower remove, recoils on off, some tuning up) and return back to what you regularly use.

i'm not toggling between setups for this reason. i will just manually take off suicides for attack and put a checkmark on the AW defense loadout.
  • Options
    Artemis108Artemis108 Posts: 21

I really don't know how I feel about this...on one hand it would be nice to switch between suicide and non suicide masteries without the hassle of spending about 70 units going back and forth.
    On the other hand...seeing how often people would be switching between the mastery trees kabam would lose out on a very VERY big portion of unit revenue.

On one end I see that leveling up masteries isn't free and doing that for 3 mastery trees would cost a very hefty number of units , and maybe they should be able to freely switch between them after ,but on the other end I feel like there should be some sort of cost for switching between these trees since most people here got to level up and setup all mastery trees without any cost ( unless unlocking new mastery using cores).

At the end of the day regardless of public opinion or what we think is right and wrong , kabam will make a choice that suits their interests the best. Since we donot know the logistics of how making something like this free could affect the economy. They're already losing units from high tier players that used to frequently switch masteries with this change and idk if they'll be willing to push any further by making this free

Very true.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

i'm not toggling between setups for this reason. i will just manually take off suicides for attack and put a checkmark on the AW defense loadout.
    Hmm, that's bit hot, if we're to just keep defence and dex masteries intact and only switch the attack tree (new feature)

The cost can be reduced dramatically.
    I agree on that one.
    You have exact unit number?
  • Options
    Artemis108Artemis108 Posts: 21

I've actually.mads.one called Max Aegon for my last two runs.

But what's with these polls? Asking the players if they want something free? C'mon.
    I guess the reason for the poll is in hopes that if enough players share their thoughts and want something changed (like free mastery swaps) then Kabam may implement that change.
    I realize that’s now how this game works, still nice to dream.