BG, really what is the point in progress?

Logan00Logan00 Member Posts: 618 ★★★
Im in platinum I, 3.8M account , I have lost 40 matches in a row, really what's the point on playing to progress if later I have to wait 10 days until players with much better account move to different levels? I remember when BG was added it was fun and interesting, nowadays is really a pissing off game mode

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    I have 800k less rating than you and I'm in Diamond 2. If it's a skill issue that's on you and nobody's going to change that, I would assume you used to sandbag a lot back when BGs first came out, sucks for you but it is what it is lol.
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Member Posts: 179 ★★
    This is literally the main reason the game mode is going to die off and not because of the rewards.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Member Posts: 635 ★★★
    You just can't argue about a gamemode with same RNG as poker, You just need to keep upgrading champs and getting better deck, like always in this Game, it's just getting better and bigger.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Zolobacsi said:

This "lack of skill" argument is so boring and clearly shows who are here just for trolling. Skill has the least to do with battlegrounds. 50% is your roster, 10% match up, 10% luck on draft, 10% control issues (I know, they don't exist, but they do 🤫), 15% AI because you can be as good as you want, if AI is passive and you lose with a couple of seconds, you still lost, and if you were matched with a fairly same roster, you both did well on draft, none of you experienced anything that would affect the match, then there is a 5% skill to decide, which is extremely rare to happen in VT.
    Also this "just rank your champs up" argument... I'm not even going to go there, it's so silly.
    I know, I know, not everyone meant to reach GC, nothing wrong with that, maybe they shouldn't put collectibles at the end of VC, perhaps less people would get frustrated but saying it's because of skill, or that you can just get all the key champs and rank them up one day to the next is just showing lack of intelligence.

I have 800k less rating than this guy and I've played exactly 11 matches, haven't lost a single one and I'm in D2 already.
    If he's played 40 matches and still can't get out of P1 it is a skill issue, I made it out of Plat day one after three matches with a smaller account than his, what's the excuse?
    Sure input issues, roster, draft etc stuff does happen but it sure as hell don't happen as often as you claim. If they did I wouldn't be in D2 and I wouldn't have won 11 matches in a row already, so stop blaming the game for your lack of strategy and skills.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,301 ★★★★★
    edited April 14
    Zolobacsi said:

This "lack of skill" argument is so boring and clearly shows who are here just for trolling. Skill has the least to do with battlegrounds. 50% is your roster, 10% match up, 10% luck on draft, 10% control issues (I know, they don't exist, but they do 🤫), 15% AI because you can be as good as you want, if AI is passive and you lose with a couple of seconds, you still lost, and if you were matched with a fairly same roster, you both did well on draft, none of you experienced anything that would affect the match, then there is a 5% skill to decide, which is extremely rare to happen in VT.
    Also this "just rank your champs up" argument... I'm not even going to go there, it's so silly.
    I know, I know, not everyone meant to reach GC, nothing wrong with that, maybe they shouldn't put collectibles at the end of VC, perhaps less people would get frustrated but saying it's because of skill, or that you can just get all the key champs and rank them up one day to the next is just showing lack of intelligence.

Yeah; but 40 matches ... 40
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    edited April 14
    Zolobacsi said:

I’ve beaten whales with a roster a quarter their size. There was some draft luck but I also had to play extremely well, so yes, there is a big skill ask
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Logan00 said:

Im in platinum I, 3.8M account , I have lost 40 matches in a row, really what's the point on playing to progress if later I have to wait 10 days until players with much better account move to different levels? I remember when BG was added it was fun and interesting, nowadays is really a pissing off game mode

Your 3.8 mill means nothing…how many R5s/ ascended R4s/ 7R2+ do you have ?!? That is all that matters…skill is not relevant anymore. Its about who can nuke the hardest and fastest 🧨💥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,025 ★★★★★
    edited April 14
    Until Kabam seperate lower players with lower nerfed rewards, these posts will keep flooding.

But if Kabam seperates them, these players will flood the posts with, "why less rewards? Even tho we face less challange now, but why less rewards?"

People must realise, not every account CAN reach higher ranks, not every player is skilled to reach Uru Gamma.

Know your limit and try to raise it. If account is limited then improve it by exploring Necro and act-8 100%
    If skill is limit then keep learning.

But no 😀
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★
    40 losses in a row is wild lol
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,043 ★★★★
    40 matches in a row you have won the golden duck award for getting fried like eggs 🥚
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Zolobacsi said:

Losing 40 matches in a row is a very CLEAR skill issue.

Jesus, I'm not the greatest at the game and my worst string of losses was 10 in a row, last season, and it was 100% my own skill issue because I always seem to screw up at the end of fights.
    I'm well aware it was a skill issue on my part, and have since tried to stop doing such.

I assure you losing 40 in a row is indeed a skill issue.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★
    Zolobacsi said:

Wait a minute here, so I don't actually need any skill at all as long as I have the biggest roster I will win 50% of the time. Dam, all these times I have been practicing getting better for nothing. I just need to whale out and do nothing. If the dragt and match up works out for me that's a 70% win rate with no skill or knowledge of the nodes and champs needed. This sounds like a boring game. I don't see this game lasting past a year..........
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    I presume 40 losses in a roll is hyperbolic, but it does get at the core issue in BGs that shows why the mode is not set up for long term success.

BGs is this weird frankenstein creation of true competitive mode (GC) and a weird non-competitive mode (VT). No one can argue with the GC component (you matchup whoever you matchup with, and get rewards based on where you end the season). The semi-daily objectives are a nice perk here to give you 'rewards' during the season and encourage you to keep up with the competitive play.

However, players who want to do the true competitive mode (GC), can't simply do it; instead they have to go through the motions of playing through VT. For players who are just into the rewards and just want to exit VT, this mode has the trappings of SQ/EQ but with a large element of uncontrollable elements.

VT is where all the big issues are. It is semi-competitive, since players are playing each other. But it is also non-competitive - players don't play each other based on account strength, until they reach Platinum tier. At a certain tier it becomes competitive again (everyone is matched up with each other regardless of account strength). But, at the same time, it is non-competitive since everyone can achieve the same reward (how you get for progressing in Tier), and everyone gets the same participation trophy (what you get for exiting VT and entering GC).

So its this weird thing where BG VT is like EQ/SQ/Arena - everyone gets the same rewards (I am ignoring what different Progression levels can buy in the Store; everyone earns the same thing per tier, and by entering GC). As such, with this mindset where everyone can earn the same thing, it is not a competition but merely something you have to put in work throughout the month to earn (much like how this month's SQ, we have to grind a few objectives, to be able to run some quests). Much like SQ (where we have to wait each week to get more unlock keys, and so forth), BG VT can theoretically be strategized as waiting each week for the 'stronger' players to get out VT so you can progress.

This is why there is so much friction - if one can progress in VT by having great skill/roster, or one can progress merely by waiting 3 weeks for stronger players to leave VT, and both types of players end up earning the same reward, this is a pretty weird thing to frankenstein attach to the truly competitive GC mode.