Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Wondering why Ironheart takes Destructive Feedback damage

Double_HelixDouble_Helix Posts: 43
edited April 18 in General Discussion

Ironheart has -100 AAR against blocked hits while her tracking passive is up, and I couldn't see anything in the nodes or defender abilities that would increase ability accuracy or prevent AAR. ...but she was taking destructive feedback damage on blocked hits anyway. I'm wondering what I'm missing here. (Side Quest Vault boss)

Comments

• Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 39
    AAR that's for the defence champ but Destructive feedback is the node .Node AAR vs Defence champ AAR
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 545 ★★★
    I don't really know the answer for this but it could be that Destructive Feedback isn't affected by AAR. It just might not say in the node's description. I did some tests using Mags in 6.2.4 and his AAR with YJ did not prevent damage from Destructive Feedback any the times YJ struck my block while the Kinetic Shield was up.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    Asher1_1 said:

AAR that's for the defence champ but Destructive feedback is the node .Node AAR vs Defence champ AAR

It’s already been established many times that AAR affects nodes exactly the same as defender abilities unless otherwise specified. This is not a correct argument
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited April 18
    Ironheart’s ability specifies OAAR, not all AAR. In this instance, destructive feedback’s damage might not have been classified as offensive ability accuracy. Either that, or the above user is correct - it could be unaffected by AAR. But there should be text to show that.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    MCOCHazza said:

Ironheart’s ability specifies OAAR, not all AAR. In this instance, destructive feedback’s damage might not have been classified as offensive ability accuracy. Either that, or the above user is correct - it could be unaffected by AAR. But there should be text to show that.

All offensive ability accuracy means is it affects abilities that would trigger while attacking. There is no such thing in this game as an offensive or defensive ability in the eyes of ability accuracy. There are abilities that inherently occur while attacking or being attacked, but there are some that do both. Like both abominations have a chance to place poisons when they contact the opponent. This seems like a defensive ability, but OAAR prevents those poisons from being inflicted when abom/ibom strike the opponent or their block, but not when they are being struck. And vice versa with DAAR.

I agree that the most likely scenario is this is either bugged or destructive feedback is unaffected by AAR and isn’t saying so
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,398 ★★★★★
    MCOCHazza said:

Offensive ability accuracy applies to any ability of the Attacker, which occurs when an attack is landed.

I think it's just going to be a node that's not subject to AAR, but doesn't say so.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited April 18
    yeah I know this guys. I should’ve been more specific in my wording lol. Looking back it makes it seem like I didn’t know what I was talking about. Not really sure what I was trying to say other than it’s just unaffected by AAR (guess I was just tired or not thinking). But yeah I’m very well versed on these sorts of things. Ignore the previous comment 😂
  • Options
    Double_HelixDouble_Helix Posts: 43
    Thanks all. Sounds like either a bug or an unwritten interaction. I'm glad it wasn't just me missing something simple.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,197 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure destructive feedback is unaffected by AAR.