Options

How is Maestro for Attack ?

I recently have done an initial completion of Necropolis and became valiant.

Congrats to myself 😎

As many of you know, you get a 6 star Maestro as one of the rewards for completion of Necropolis.

I know he is a nightmare on defence but I want to know if he is worth it on attack ?

I don’t want to invest on a champ just for defence purposes.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 692 ★★★★
    He does have multiple immunities and the glancing buff which gives him good survivability. However, there are others I prefer to use instead
  • Options
    Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Posts: 224 ★★
    Thanks for saving me some resources
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 420 ★★★
    I R4ed my 6* necro maestro today…will never do necro 100%…if I'm offered rank-down tickets, I'll take it and run 👻
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 972 ★★★★
    Excellent for Fantman in bgs, always good to have as a backup. This GC meta he’s even better than Hulkling.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 666 ★★★
    He’s not as bad as people think on attack. The awakened ability is important for his damage, which is why I think a lot of people with the 7* ranked up don’t like him on attack. The immunities alone give him alot of utility, glancing all basic attacks is super underrated, you can block Hulkling for example without him gaining pierce/unblockable buffs. He’s a cosmic that doesn’t care if his buffs get nullified and they aren’t effected by ability accuracy. And the burst damage on his sp1 when ramped is pretty good. He’s by no means a nuke but he will usually finish the fight close to full hp. He’s also a sneaky Fantman counter, you gain a pierce to shutdown his armors and then the sp1 bursts are multiple small bursts so they don’t trigger his damage cap/regen.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,479 ★★★★★
    I'm still to this day surprised that Kabam didn't gave him healing buff just to make him more ridiculous on defence 🤣
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,132 ★★★★★

He’s not as bad as people think on attack. The awakened ability is important for his damage, which is why I think a lot of people with the 7* ranked up don’t like him on attack. The immunities alone give him alot of utility, glancing all basic attacks is super underrated, you can block Hulkling for example without him gaining pierce/unblockable buffs. He’s a cosmic that doesn’t care if his buffs get nullified and they aren’t effected by ability accuracy. And the burst damage on his sp1 when ramped is pretty good. He’s by no means a nuke but he will usually finish the fight close to full hp. He’s also a sneaky Fantman counter, you gain a pierce to shutdown his armors and then the sp1 bursts are multiple small bursts so they don’t trigger his damage cap/regen.

We aren't saying he has bad utility which is the point youre defending. We're saying his damage sucks so he's not a viable option in any scenario that matters in the current meta game.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 830 ★★★★
    Decent utility, below average damage.
    Not ideal for BGs on attack or literally anywhere for that matter. A 7* r3 might be slightly better on attack (due to the sheer fact that it's a r3) but I'm pretty sure anyone that has played him on attack knows he isn't meant for it
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,102 ★★★★
    He kinda needs to be awakened for attack so his furies refresh every sp1 and I’m hoping we’ll see a way to dupe him
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,401 ★★★★★
    As an Awakened six-star Maestro isn't terrible on Attack. He's just not good, either.

He's actually pretty equivalent to Terrax; Vs an opponent like Winter Soldier. I have both Awakened at r4, and don't run Recoils:

Let's make no bones about it: neither of these two is going to be any value at all on Attack in Battlegrounds.

However they aren't completely pillow-fisted, either: their damage is useable enough to make both of them effective and valuable in Questing, Incursions; and also in War, since you're not really against the clock.

I'm only in G4-5 War, but have taken both Terrax and Maestro in, depending on my lane - Maestro for Hazard Shift nodes, for example; since he's not just immune, they also speed his ramp-up. Terrax is really good for path 3 in War (lots of Power Burn, Bleed and Shock, which he can mostly ignore).

So if you want a champion who's useable on Attack in most of the game, Maestro will be just fine. If your focus is Battlegrounds, then: no.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,544 ★★★★
    https://youtu.be/BKiyJwMgwsw?si=ik8X2fFLdN9jmAUs

Not the best, but not nearly as bad as everybody seems to think either.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,264 ★★★★★

He's alright.